Kraton Official K8S Available Hop-ups Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Armarookie43 .. I would replace them with stock ones from Jenny's then with the new ones just sleeve them with carbon fibre hollow tube, that should stop them from bending..!! 😉 ( make sure you get carbon tube that is roll wrapped though ) I get mine on Ebay, so I'm sure you must be able to find a seller in the states that sells it..👍🏼

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...rear-arrma-1-5-ara5208?variant=39273576431670

or

https://jennysrc.com/collections/kr...ear-arrma-1-5-ar110002?variant=31625729671222

Or even better solution, M2C chassis..!! 😎
M2C chassis? Would that prevent these things from bending like a banana? I guess the K8S EXB chassis flexes too much? And it's only like 20ft jumps. Nothing insane.

Personally I think the M2C chassis would prevent it, but try the carbon sleeve too as that's a lot cheaper 😉
I bent my Outcast 8s chassis doing the same jumps but I never bent any of the chassis braces. I only broke the rod end of the lower front one twice though 🤔🤔

I've sent my EXB K8S a few times pretty high with double backflips included. I went with the carbon fiber tubes around the chassis braces. They are still straight. Thanks. For some reason on my Outcast 8s I don't bend the chassis braces, but I do break the little plastic rod en that connects the chassis brace to the transmission 🤔. It has happened 3 times already. That doesn't happen on the EXB K8S though. Go figure

Is there a servo saver upgrade, or is it ok and the stock servo just sucks, I've tried everything I know to get this car to turn and it just struggles to return the wheels to center. There is so much slop in the steering and the servo saver seems to work itself off center and not return properly???

I've got the m2c servo saver axle coming and a new servo and tray, but I don't know if that will fix the servo saver itself.
Vivaton

I got their shock caps for the udr and they use 2 tiny o rings to hold the ball in the cap. They suck and always fall out when trying to install them

I'm sorry, is that a servo brand or a part?

*edit I just did a search, thank you they look interesting, so you run one?

Thanks
He makes lots of parts and will ship dhl from china .I get stuff to the USA in 6 days

received_531168621592361.jpeg

Anybody try these yet?

View attachment 151198

I’m looking at you @Megasty 👀 🤔
I just put them on my O8S yesterday. Getting the stock junk off nearly twisted my wrist off, had my impact driver acting like a whirly bird. I want to sent it a few more times, I only got 2 packs in b4 the heat got to me. They are still straight, but I'll see how they are after today. You really can't tell until you take them out.

Anybody try these yet?

View attachment 151198

I’m looking at you @Megasty 👀 🤔
Im using it on my 34lbs EXB after I bent the upper ones. Been holding out so far launching it and couple of cartwheels. Order only a set to try out. I will be ordering more since I bent the stock upper ones on the Outcast. I think this is better compared to the exb ones that arrma offers.

Im using it on my 34lbs EXB after I bent the upper ones. Been holding out so far launching it and couple of cartwheels. Order only a set to try out. I will be ordering more since I bent the stock upper ones on the Outcast. I think this is better compared to the exb ones that arrma offers.
I also only bent the uppers, probably on those one-wheel landings. One was nearly broken at the ball. My LHS had the Arrma CNC upgrades as well as a set of HRs. The Arrma set is labeled aluminum even though they're clearly harden steel, but the HRs still look much better. The stock balls on my EXB are bent pretty badly too. But the ones on my RTR K8S are perfectly straight even though I jumped it the most :rolleyes:

These things are some seriously hard steel. Here's how the look after 6 packs. Not only are they straight but they have NO rub marks on the balls at all, & I'm using the Integy steering knuckles.

20210611_114430.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back