Perfect Pass by Raz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbobrick

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
Just seen this and thought I'd share for those that haven't seen it, For me who is still a rookie speed runner I feel the achievement of running one of these and getting a new PB is taken away slightly as you have not done all the work! but sure it will a few things easier and may even help the guys that already have nice results gain that extra few MPH

What are your thoughts on this one guys will it take out some of the skill, will you buy it?

I agree with you that this will take the skill out of doing it yourself. I have run with the expo curve at various rates and always find back to my finger is best.
This will be useful for those with a twitchy finger but for me I prefer the instant response to get back in the power if I get out of the throttle for whatever reason. I find the price a little steep too for what is essentially PWM chip and voltage regulator.

I ordered one. Crashes are something I avoid at all costs...

For me the hobby of speed running is more about the engineering side and development of new concepts. Being an EE I can appreciate innovative devices to help your car stay safe. I could care less about a showing of skill. My driving skills are terrible, I'll be the first to admit that ;)

Ok, don't kill me for saying this...

To me, w.o.t. is w.o.t.. no matter how it got there.. I feel if a person can not control a rig on the approach to w.o.t in a speed run rig, I don't beleive that person should be running anything that fast..

This can open up a whole slew of people that have no business making 120+ mph passes..

Thing that scares me the most is if a person can't control throttle to keep a rig in check, how do you suppose they will treat the wheel at those speeds...? scary thought to say the least..

my opinion of course, and we all know the saying about opinions.. everyone has one..???

Ok, don't kill me for saying this...

To me, w.o.t. is w.o.t.. no matter how it got there.. I feel if a person can not control a rig on the approach to w.o.t in a speed run rig, I don't beleive that person should be running anything that fast..

This can open up a whole slew of people that have no business making 120+ mph passes..

Thing that scares me the most is if a person can't control throttle to keep a rig in check, how do you suppose they will treat the wheel at those speeds...? scary thought to say the least..

my opinion of course, and we all know the saying about opinions.. everyone has one..???

There is sort of 2 purposes for this product.

1. Is as you described making the throttle auto controlled for someone who is too trigger happy. I would venture to say this person cannot get past 90mph on their own.
2. Is smoothing the throttle out to reduce any excess voltage sag/amp loads to achieve the highest speed possible for that rig. In this use case the need is when you exceed 150mph and wattage requirements are in excess of 10kW

I ordered one. Crashes are something I avoid at all costs...

For me the hobby of speed running is more about the engineering side and development of new concepts. Being an EE I can appreciate innovative devices to help your car stay safe. I could care less about a showing of skill. My driving skills are terrible, I'll be the first to admit that ;)
I totally agree with RND research and have you so much money in a build and will be an asset for sure and I'm sure Raz will be flying with your body soon :)

There is sort of 2 purposes for this product.

1. Is as you described making the throttle auto controlled for someone who is too trigger happy. I would venture to say this person cannot get past 90mph on their own.
2. Is smoothing the throttle out to reduce any excess voltage sag/amp loads to achieve the highest speed possible for that rig. In this use case the need is when you exceed 150mph and wattage requirements are in excess of 10kW

I love the second one! ?.. I do beleive these have a place, but I do also beleive that is in the hands of an experienced runner.. I beleive it can add mph to a setup that sometimes starves itself...

I love the second one! ?.. I do beleive these have a place, but I do also beleive that is in the hands of an experienced runner.. I beleive it can add mph to a setup that sometimes starves itself...

If it can help people not crash I am all about that. So many try speed running and invest 1k+ into their rig only to crash on their 3rd attempt at 100+ speeds. If this product could reduce crashes by a number even as small as 25% I see it as a good thing.

On the other side of the coin, I fully agree with you that some people need to cut their teeth the right way, and get the experience of how to drive their car at these speeds. Those people likely wont know how to properly setup their car and will result in a crash either way. Going over 120mph is a feat of engineering no matter how you look at it.
I totally agree with RND research and have you so much money in a build and will be an asset for sure and I'm sure Raz will be flying with your body soon :)
I hope it works out. I cannot determine if everyone is too scared to crash a carbon body or if the design just isn't right...
So far my body design has only gone about 138 mph before the car blew up a differential.

We could end up with more crashes as folk have there steering rate is too high for the speed but now feel confident that they can push well over there sets.

I'm not knocking this product i think its great in good hands if used correctly and the rest of the car is setup for going max, not sure how this will fair in Comp drag racing due to rules ? and for drifting generally you need full power on tap when asked so a delay is like a bit of turbo lag on a linear boost table.

looking forward to peoples results for sure and just tell me to shut up if I'm talking horse poo as I'm a tad drunk guys

We could end up with more crashes as folk have there steering rate is too high for the speed but now feel confident that they can push well over there sets.

I'm not knocking this product i think its great in good hands if used correctly and the rest of the car is setup for going max, not sure how this will fair in Comp drag racing due to rules ? and for drifting generally you need full power on tap when asked so a delay is like a bit of turbo lag on a linear boost table.

looking forward to peoples results for sure and just tell me to shut up if I'm talking horse poo as I'm a tad drunk guys

That is like any product... dangerous in the wrong hands. I fear the XLX2 is going to result in LiPo fires when it tries to pull 500 amps from an Amazon cheap LiPo in someone's budget build.

Raz got a lot of grief from people because he ran a gyro. He really opened him self up now ?

Last edited:
That is like any product... dangerous in the wrong hands. I fear the XLX2 is going to result in LiPo fires when it tries to pull 500 amps from an Amazon cheap LiPo in someone's budget build.

Raz got a lot of grief from people because he ran a gyro. He really opened him self up now ?

Yeah I've only had one lipo go bad and luckily just ended up like a balloon this was on the Dual BLX limitless as they where initially bought as just bench testing packs (3300mah Yomme so called 50c)

The guys likes of Phill and James nailing it without these input mods you have to take you hat off to with stock bodies!

Last edited:
I've seen so many logs of myself and others where a too trigger finger ruined the run. From the engineering point of view consistency of (test) runs is key to be able the measure the effect of your last changes. I'll definitely end up buying it (or something similar) at some point. For now I think the price is ridiculous, even for a niche product as this.

I'm not a speed runner, but one point Raz makes is it will also help tune a vehicle by giving a consistent view of how the components are working. So even if you wanted to develop the skill it takes to control a high speed vehicle, it could help your build. You could also test run builds with less crash risk. Then once you have the build locked in, you could turn it off and work on your driving.

I bought one to try it out. If I had the ability to pull throttle as smooth as this device, I wouldn’t need it. But facts are facts. I don’t have the temperament or skill set to pull as smoothly as the best in the game. Maybe this will be something to help me determine if my issues with stability are induced by my lack of control or if it is something in my setup. Time will tell.
I've seen so many logs of myself and others where a too trigger finger ruined the run. From the engineering point of view consistency of (test) runs is key to be able the measure the effect of your last changes. I'll definitely end up buying it (or something similar) at some point. For now I think the price is ridiculous, even for a niche product as this.
Early bird gets the worm and the large ticket price to boot. In the grand scheme of things, $50 isn’t a big tag and it’s my way of paying Raz back for his contributions to the hobby. I try my best to buy from guys who are paving the way. I’m especially loyal to guys who produce great products on top of being helpful.

I think there’s a market and demand for the product so why not. Makes good business sense without competition for the market share. Price point seems high from a material perspective but if they’re looking for quick ROI plus whatever percentage, point of sale has built in, then I can see why the first batch of 200 are priced that way.

I want full control without any steering or throttle aids and speed run for the adrenaline rush and challenge so I’ll pass with where I’m at currently.

How do you know when you’ve reached full throttle? Just by the sound of the motor? Use a stop watch? Seriously...? ?
Am I missing something, or just obtuse. If your just pinning it out the gate how do you know...

Last edited:
ps. I must mention that in my commentary about the price, I did calculate that I live in Europe. Shipping and taxes make it double the price.
Like the castle B-link module which is sold in the US for 50$. Here it costs 75€, which is 89$ at the current exchange rate.

If I could pick Raz his module up at my local hobby store for 40€ I wouldn't hesitate. The functionality it brings is original and useful (unlike the castle B-link)
And it's certainly not making him rich. Let's assume he makes 5$ margin a piece and sells 5 of those batches of 200, that's only 10k in his pocket. Which is a very nice extra, but doesn't pay for a new Lamborghini.

From an engineering standpoint, I really appreciate and admire Raz's vision and effort in coming up with this product. For me personally, I would still like my runs to be 100% driver control because anything less than that might feel like cheating to me. I'm not saying that everyone who will use the Perfect Pass card is cheating; by no means. Steering at 120mph+ is still a challenge in its own right! But I just like the idea of driver skill; that's part of where my adrenaline rush comes from.

I'll be really interested in the level of consistency and any speed increases you guys experience, and that might be enough to change my mind! I bet this first batch of 200 will get snatched right up :)

I ordered one, if it can improve consistency and repeatability on speedruns then it should be an asset. I pay a lot of attention to getting a proper progressive trigger pull on my speedruns, but Im sure this will be more consistent and do it exactly the same way every time. Its going to be interesting playing around with the timing of how many seconds it will take to get to full throttle

From an engineering standpoint, I really appreciate and admire Raz's vision and effort in coming up with this product. For me personally, I would still like my runs to be 100% driver control because anything less than that might feel like cheating to me. I'm not saying that everyone who will use the Perfect Pass card is cheating; by no means. Steering at 120mph+ is still a challenge in its own right! But I just like the idea of driver skill; that's part of where my adrenaline rush comes from.

I'll be really interested in the level of consistency and any speed increases you guys experience, and that might be enough to change my mind! I bet this first batch of 200 will get snatched right up :)
Do you look down on my use of steering dual rate to minimize travel during a pass? It’s really the same thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back