Infraction Raz pulling 325amps on 183 pass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty impressive indeed for the dual motor car.
When I saw the still shots of the carbon car I knew it was not going to go well. I told him it needs a big splitter extending past the body and needs lots of rake with the rear sitting high and the front very low. He didn't listen...

Pretty impressive indeed for the dual motor car.
When I saw the still shots of the carbon car I knew it was not going to go well. I told him it needs a big splitter extending past the body and needs lots of rake with the rear sitting high and the front very low. He didn't listen...
I also think if the front of the body has a consistent angle down like the fc100 body instead of the one inch tall vertical part itmight have better downforce

I also think if the front of the body has a consistent angle down like the fc100 body instead of the one inch tall vertical part itmight have better downforce
Finding a balance certainly is key.
This one was tested in some simulations for lowest drag, but does need some more downforce.
There are some simple ways to do that borrowed from motor sports.

Saw a mention in Raz’s most recent video he is going to try out the 5670cm 6 pole motor. I honestly just stayed away from conisidering that motor for the desyncing issue many have with 6 pole high kv motors. Interested to see how that goes for him

Saw a mention in Raz’s most recent video he is going to try out the 5670cm 6 pole motor. I honestly just stayed away from considering that motor for the desyncing issue many have with 6 pole high kv motors. Interested to see how that goes for him
Same here. I expect it wont work well for him. I'd love for that desync issue to get some light shined on it.

I was asking James about 6-pole motors a few weeks ago and he said that any KV over 1200 is iffy
(I had thought up to 1400 was ok and evidently was wrong)

He said before the 2.11 firmware you could go to 1800s. I still have the original firmware on mine and will not upgrade it.

Same here. I expect it wont work well for him. I'd love for that desync issue to get some light shined on it.

I was asking James about 6-pole motors a few weeks ago and he said that any KV over 1200 is iffy
(I had thought up to 1400 was ok and evidently was wrong)

He said before the 2.11 firmware you could go to 1800s. I still have the original firmware on mine and will not upgrade it.
My limitless is using a 1440kv 6-pole and I haven’t seen a problem yet. About 40 runs on it last year also that Xlx2 has the updated firmware too. Is it possible to download previous firmware

My limitless is using a 1440kv 6-pole and I haven’t seen a problem yet. About 40 runs on it last year also that Xlx2 has the updated firmware too. Is it possible to download previous firmware

I have been trying to figure out what scenarios create the de-sync issues.
It must be when amperage hits x-value and RPMs are over X -value

I didn't think you could downgrade the XLX2 back to the original firmware. I had done it before on the old XLX.

I have been trying to figure out what scenarios create the de-sync issues.
It must be when amperage hits x-value and RPMs are over X -value

I didn't think you could downgrade the XLX2 back to the original firmware. I had done it before on the old XLX.
Gotcha my Rpms are usually 34k but amps tend to be around 600-630.

ive had no issues with 5660 1460kv.yes with the xlx can pick diffrent firmwares.im thinking about 6 options...next time im on link ill take a pic...

wish castle would would come out with a new redesigned xlx type 1/5 esc...they fit in about any platform.was talking to cc tech about xlx about shorting motor leads,he said they don't have to be cut down to the same length.will remove 55-75 grams off esc by shorting 8awg wires 2 inchs...im gonna try an keep them same length i think..?.?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back