Infraction Raz pulling 325amps on 183 pass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would need really big tires like 1:1 size.
No one manicures the salt/sand. It is not nearly as smooth as you might think and rc tires on sand do not grip well.

View attachment 200707

I’ve seen something similar on my way to Death Valley but never got out to walk on it. It looked pretty smooth from the highway lol

Makes sense now.

I guess Death Valley it is then.. I think it has the worlds longest straight road.

I’ve seen something similar on my way to Death Valley but never got out to walk on it. It looked pretty smooth from the highway lol

Makes sense now.

I guess Death Valley it is then.. I think it has the worlds longest straight road.

My family was traveling from Texas to Sacramento CA during summer break back in the 90's.
My dad was attempting to save money and was going to attempt to camp in Death Valley one night. It was 113 F and my sister got heat stroke out there.
Good times (n)

Any of you see His dual motor on a budget vid? I know I’ve been saving all these spektrum motors and esc’s for something 🤔
Yeah only did 115, but like he said it was probably over geared and he was driving it on a less than ideal road....
I would be curious to see how far that setup could go.

Actually Spektrum motors with MMX8s ESCs is where my mind went.
I had taken a Typhon in the 119-130 mph range (on 8s) with the BLX 2050kv motor and the MMX8s ESC and only reached 94% throttle.

Any of you see His dual motor on a budget vid? I know I’ve been saving all these spektrum motors and esc’s for something 🤔

I’m currently at 121mph on the Spektrum 2050kv motor on 8S using the 160A Spektrum ESC.

So dual motor should get you past 130mph for sure
My family was traveling from Texas to Sacramento CA during summer break back in the 90's.
My dad was attempting to save money and was going to attempt to camp in Death Valley one night. It was 113 F and my sister got heat stroke out there.
Good times (n)

My wife and I camped there and it stayed 97F the whole night when we were there

I’m currently at 121mph on the Spektrum 2050kv motor on 8S using the 160A Spektrum ESC.

So dual motor should get you past 130mph for sure

My wife and I camped there and it stayed 97F the whole night when we were there
I think you found your next project ;)

I think you found your next project ;)

I’m trying to reach 130mph on this setup! If only the 160A had a LVC off feature!
C28B1B7B-F222-41C2-BF46-5342CA295651.jpeg

Hi! got a question for the group. What part does air temp play when speeds start getting up there? I'm talking friction wise. Does it help or hinder the speed if it's hot? If it's cold? Air density changes with temperature so does that effect friction/ drag on the body which then affects speed?

Hi! got a question for the group. What part does air temp play when speeds start getting up there? I'm talking friction wise. Does it help or hinder the speed if it's hot? If it's cold? Air density changes with temperature so does that effect friction/ drag on the body which then affects speed?

The air is more dense when it’s cold, making it a bit more difficult for the car to cut through the air.

The air is more dense when it’s cold, making it a bit more difficult for the car to cut through the air.
Thanks. It seems that hot or cold would bring certain pluses and minuses. That heat in air temp would give less friction but now you are dealing with hot temps with esc's and batteries. And cold would be the reverse. Especially at the speeds being tossed around here.

Other than overheating, motor efficiency might be a little better in the cold as well.
Best cheat is altitude though. A high plateau with mediocre temps would be ideal.
Makes sense about altitude also.. Good point.

Batteries perform best warm/hot
The car will see a little less air resistance on a warm day vs cold due to the air density.
ESC and motor work best when cold.
Tires tend to grip better in warm temps
Didn't know batteries perform best warm/hot. Always thought batteries performed best cool.

I have 2 of these and they work pretty good. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-programmable-lipo-battery-warmer-bag-12v-dc.html
I keep em in there on the way to my run spot.
Sitting on a aluminum chassis can pull the heat back out so consider how you might insulate them.
I usually throw them on my vents for the defrosters in the car on the drive over😁 I did just buy some hand warmers as well. I guess sometimes when going around turns it probably isn’t safe having lipos slide back and forth on my dashboard

I usually throw them on my vents for the defrosters in the car on the drive over😁 I did just buy some hand warmers as well. I guess sometimes when going around turns it probably isn’t safe having lipos slide back and forth on my dashboard

I tried this too but it didn’t seem to help me much.

Saw this video this morning..I had a feeling Raz had a real shot at 200mph with his two new cars, like many others on here. Amazing job to hit 198mph in the dual motor car and take the title of worlds fastest Arrma, and worlds fastest 7th scale.. Congratulations Raz, let’s see 200mph next week with the quad motor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back