Raz Shiffrin’s PP Ultimate drive shafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
In another thread I called out Raz for ripping off Scorched RC for his Trident style shafts and taking credit for fixing the shaft misalignment issue of the front kick up inherent to the 1/7 speed runners. I have no clue as to whether Raz saw that post or not (I know he cruises AF) but he just released his latest video a couple days ago and addressed the issue.
In his latest video he says he talked to David at Scorched and informed him of the new Perfect Pass shafts he was going to be selling before bringing them to market. Raz says he also volunteered to pay David royalties for using the idea.
Raz went on in the video to credit David at Scorched RC for bringing this design solution to the RC community and to say that every Perfect Pass Ultimate shaft kit sold will benefit David at Scorched Products through the agreed upon royalties.
Kudos to Raz Shiffrin for handling this in great form. It’s nice to see some integrity and respect among vendors.
I just lifted my boycott of Perfect Pass and will be ordering a set of those shafts for my upcoming build. And I‘ve no doubt that they’ll be awesome!
Props, Raz.

That is Real nice of Raz to not only acknowledge where he got the design inspiration from but also pay royalties to David @ Scorched in his official product promotional/announcement video.

Big Respects to him. 👍

** Without getting any lawyers involved or letting/having nasty court filings/injunctions/cease & desists order get in between their two companies **

Last edited:
Nothing but praise for Raz. Rc industry is just like the car industry ideas are borrowed and improved upon and stolen all the time. Intermitent wiper comes to mind, saw that movie recently. Raz went about it the right way. I personally think PP is a top notch company. Every product I buy from PP has been well perfect.

Last edited:
I am glad he is giving David his due royalties for taking that great idea. David had been selling the trident product for quite some time.
I suspect the solid titanium unit may be the better purchase. Simple is better with things like this. The joints between the carbon tube and ends could be a failure point.

I have owned the carbon shafts myself and they are excellent, but just wanted to point out the Schorched product might be slightly better.

I am glad he is giving David his due royalties for taking that great idea. David had been selling the trident product for quite some time.
I suspect the solid titanium unit may be the better purchase. Simple is better with things like this. The joints between the carbon tube and ends could be a failure point.

I have owned the carbon shafts myself and they are excellent, but just wanted to point out the Schorched product might be slightly better.
My two road cars both have the Scorched titanium Tridents in them. I don’t see any flaws or problems with them whatsoever, and the difference is very noticeable. Especially in noise! I was surprised how much drivetrain noise disappeared when I put these in. And obviously, the front is MUCH smoother than stock.
I’ll be trying the PP shafts mainly for the slightly reduced weight and the beefier pins and drive cups.

My two road cars both have the Scorched titanium Tridents in them. I don’t see any flaws or problems with them whatsoever, and the difference is very noticeable. Especially in noise! I was surprised how much drivetrain noise disappeared when I put these in. And obviously, the front is MUCH smoother than stock.
I’ll be trying the PP shafts mainly for the slightly reduced weight and the beefier pins and drive cups.

I think I have spent $350 on PP carbon shafts on various rigs. Zero failures.
They are very nice quality much like Scorched.

I ordered a kit within seconds of getting the VIP early notification of stock. I'm really excited. Have been monitoring tracking as it does a tour of every town/city in Florida so far 😆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back