Felony Rc cars are dangerous too...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TN-RC

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Vendetta
Sorry to inform you guys but rc cars are dangerous, weapons on wheels you might say Tuesday the 24th of May 2022 I got hit at 76mph with a 12lb+ car. I was running on my road that I have been having trouble on I lowered the front end and ran a good 3S pass so I thought I would try 4s now. Went down the road and started out great I was about 50ft away from me when it broke lose it came right at me, I was one step up on a lader when it was very close to me I jumped but it still hit me and spun me 180 degrees in the air and landed on my upper back from the impact I bruised spot on my leg and my foot and cut my ankle in three spots from falling I hurt my upper back and got some whiplash I could have had a small concussion but that was not confirmed. The car was almost perfect I broke that piece holding the side skirt on and dinged up the body even more in some way I am kind of thankful it hit me because it jumped over the van but my mom would say otherwise. The photos included are of the damage to my car and also what my leg looks like 12 days after the accident (today is day 13). From now on I will be standing on top of our van and I also have a new location picked out which is three lanes wide 1y old surface and plenty long to do 250mph plus, the con is I will only be able to run on the weekends or at weird times (which I don't know what they are yet) since it is a Industrial Road. I cant wait to get back out. I will wait until I get a new body and a better transmitter and receiver before I run the Felony again. I think my crazy car will bet my real speed car to 100mph.
Be safe running,
TN-RC
Ps: why in a 1000ft+ run up did it have to hit this stick called me?

20220605_223216.jpg

20220605_223201_HDR.jpg

Capture+_2022-05-24-16-33-55.png

Last edited:
Sorry to inform you guys but rc cars are dangerous, weapons on wheels you might say Tuesday the 24th of May 2022 I got hit at 76mph with a 12lb+ car. I was running on my road that I have been having trouble on I lowered the front end and ran a good 3S pass so I thought I would try 4s now. Went down the road and started out great I was about 50ft away from me when it broke lose it came right at me, I was one step up on a lader when it was very close to me I jumped but it still hit me and spun me 180 degrees in the air and landed on my upper back from the impact I bruised spot on my leg and my foot and cut my ankle in three spots from falling I hurt my upper back and got some whiplash I could have had a small concussion but that was not confirmed. The car was almost perfect I broke that piece holding the side skirt on and dinged up the body even more in some way I am kind of thankful it hit me because it jumped over the van but my mom would say otherwise. The photos included are of the damage to my car and also what my leg looks like 12 days after the accident (today is day 13). From now on I will be standing on top of our van and I also have a new location picked out which is three lanes wide 1y old surface and plenty long to do 250mph plus, the con is I will only be able to run on the weekends or at weird times (which I don't know what they are yet) since it is a Industrial Road. I cant wait to get back out. I will wait until I get a new body and a better transmitter and receiver before I run the Felony again. I think my crazy car will bet my real speed car to 100mph.
Be safe running,
TN-RC

View attachment 222079

View attachment 222080

View attachment 222081
The car seriously spun you in a complete circle in the air?? I've actually wondered if that could really happen lol.. That sucks, get better

Yikes! That is a big fear of mine.

I like to stand on top of my vehicle or I stand and the rear and as the car approaches I take a few steps backwards to have the 1:1 car act as a shield.

There is something about seeing the car approach and you determine that you had not reached far enough into the throttle pull yet and goose it right as it is nearing you or just passing you and it then loses traction.

Glad your injuries were not worse...

(FYI you need to ditch those connector adapters )

Be safe running,
TN-RC

View attachment 222079

View attachment 222080

View attachment 222081
Impressive speed for 4s.
I am very gun shy about using any CF or alloy front splitters and rear wings. They will slice you up in a heart beat. I stay with the softer flexible stocker wings and splitters for this reason only . Sometimes you just have have to bail out in the middle of a pass if she starts to lose it. Timing is key here. But the moment she goes airborne like a Frisbee, take cover quick.:ROFLMAO: Plan your cover in advance. Been there also.

Last edited:
Why are you running adapters when EC5/IC5 are compatible? You don't need those adapters. It will plug in without them. Anyway, that's a huge scar. The only time I hit myself was when I was abusing my senton. Full speed up and down the driveway slapping the chassis every time it went up the driveway. It was coming straight at me. I slowed down from full speed to like 20mph. I turned but it still hit my shin. Just left a little scratch

Be safe running,
TN-RC

View attachment 222079

View attachment 222080

View attachment 222081
Oof...I (somewhat) know how that feels as I beaned myself in the ankle last winter while driving on a slightly wet road with worn Hoons. I wasn't speed running but, much like yourself, about 50 feet from me the car's rear end let go and headed right for me. It was at my feet before I could even start to react (granted, the first three quarters of a second is spent trying to recover the car before the mind yells "BAIL!!!" at which point...it's too late). I was "only" doing 35ish mph but I looked a bit gimpy for two weeks after impact and had a 3½" laceration across my ankle and foot from where the splitter impacted. Here's to you doing better bro 🍻

Straighten out that ESC wiring.:rolleyes: I see much effort elsewhere went into your rig.(y) Don't overlook that ESC plug. Just not correct, especially for Speed run platforms.

Don't forget that RC's are evil, and they will attack you whenever possible. That is just the truth and a fact blablabla.
For these reasons, avoid alu front splitter (trust me on that) and if you think you are standing in the right spot you will quickly find out what Murphy's law is all about.
Speed running already resulted in broken legs, glad you found out now before you spin out on 6S.

I always stand on the curb, and I have hit that dang curb more times than I can count. Mine has yet to fly and hit me, but if I stand in the wrong spot I'm sure it will.

Don't forget that RC's are evil, and they will attack you whenever possible. That is just the truth and a fact blablabla.
For these reasons, avoid alu front splitter (trust me on that) and if you think you are standing in the right spot you will quickly find out what Murphy's law is all about.
Speed running already resulted in broken legs, glad you found out now before you spin out on 6S.

I always stand on the curb, and I have hit that dang curb more times than I can count. Mine has yet to fly and hit me, but if I stand in the wrong spot I'm sure it will.
RC cars are much like Porsche 911s. Always plotting to kill you when you least expect it.

Murphy's Law:
If it can...it will hit you.:rolleyes:
I've attempted to quantify Murphy's law and put it to the test.

Axiom #1: If a slice of toast with jelly falls, it will land jelly side down. The probability of this outcome rises proportionally to the value of the carpet.
Axiom #2: If you toss a cat out of the window it will land on its feet.

I once tied a slice of toast with jelly to the back of a cat and tossed it back in the window of a house furnished with an Alyshaan fine rug.

I cannot recall what exactly happened in that moment...but I blame the upside down clownworld we find ourselved in currently on it.

I was hit twice years ago by friends bashing in parking lot minding my own business so I know how dangerous these cars are. Always cautious around them. A member on here was hit by his Limitless maby Infraction awhile back. Put him in the hospital, his Dr. couldn't believe it. He posted pics of his meat hanging down his leg, seriously large gash, looked like a motorcycle accident. Had aluminum splitter that skinned him back like a deer.

My son got hit over the head by an XMaxx 8s. It was a freak deal and not really either side's (guy driving it or my son) fault, but myself as the parent could have done more to ensure his safetly.... Hard lesson learned.
Anyway I cannot tell you how many nurses and doctors we had to explain to that it was a RC truck that put this 2" long cut in his scalp.
Took many staples to get his wound "stitched" up.

Last edited:
My buddy ran into me head on and lost my big toenail but it eventually grew back.
That's not gonna happen here. The part where the toenail was supposed to be is all gone. What looks like a toenail placeholder, is where what was left was sowed/grew together. Originally the big toe was twice the size. There is hardly any bone inside either.

But big thanks, your comment does confirm it indeed almost looks normal ;)

I've attempted to quantify Murphy's law and put it to the test.

Axiom #1: If a slice of toast with jelly falls, it will land jelly side down. The probability of this outcome rises proportionally to the value of the carpet.
Axiom #2: If you toss a cat out of the window it will land on its feet.

I once tied a slice of toast with jelly to the back of a cat and tossed it back in the window of a house furnished with an Alyshaan fine rug.

I cannot recall what exactly happened in that moment...but I blame the upside down clownworld we find ourselved in currently on it.
That’s freaking hilarious. Thanks for the laugh, man!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back