Granite Replacement parts that don't cost as much as the car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadowvfx

Reaction score
I got this last Black Friday. It's been a fantastic little truck. I use the truck to get my 1 year old dog some much needed exercise. I'll drive the truck around the cul-de-sac and my dog goes nuts. He chases it until the battery runs dead and during that time the truck gets stepped on, flipped, and the tires gnawed on.

So, it's been a few months and the car could REALLY use a new body shell and tires. I went online to see about replacements and thought something had to be wrong. $35 for a vacuum-formed plastic shell? $25 for a pair of rubber tires!? Buying 4 tires and the shell would cost more than I spent on the entire RTR package! I'm not an RC car guy (mostly RC airplanes), so I'm not knowledgeable about parts compatibility for these trucks and such. Are there any other places/brands/whatever that I could buy a replacement shell for this thing and tires? I don't need them to be the same as the stock vehicle, but something that'll fit onto the truck without special knowledge or modifications needed.

If anyone has any recommendations and can provide me some links, I would really appreciate it.

That’s how Arrma makes money - not on the car but on wear items and parts.

jenny’s RC is a kit breaker that breaks apart complete cars and sells parts. They are cheaper than buying from Arrma/retailers but still about twice the cost (it would cost you 2X the price of a car if you bought the pieces from JRC to assemble a whole car)

I feel your pain. I'm the process of converting my senton to a 'monster senton ' I was looking for a second body to able to go back and forth from sc to truck but now I think it might be cheaper to get a 2nd senton instead..🤣🤣

To be fair, you have the absolute cheapest Arrma RC. If you had a $300 Granite 4x4, the tires and body would still be $25 and $30, but not be close to the price of a new RC...

But either way, welcome to the Arrma family! Glad you are having fun with your RC.

To be fair, you have the absolute cheapest Arrma RC. If you had a $300 Granite 4x4, the tires and body would still be $25 and $30, but not be close to the price of a new RC...
I love that logic, I'm about to buy a second Arrma , or at least ask permission to buy another, If I can convince her the repair costs will be cheaper for the new one ( at least relative to the total price) I might get away with the 6s.....

No way around it, you have to pay to play. 😫

This is exactly why i bought a tekno eb48.3 during middle of covid. parts are overstocked everywhere and the main warehouse is 20min away...thinking about getting a et48 for bashing and typhon and eb48.3 will be speed run rigs
Love the idea of an ET for bashing. Think the 10th scale would be big enough with large tires? Also, where’s the warehouse?

I see. So $35 for a 1/10 truck shell is pretty common pricing? Ditto for the $25 pair of tires?

I know in the RC airplane world, some company's spare parts are crazy expensive while others' are rather cheap. Sometimes you get lucky and the cheaper part(s) can be used on the other model and vice-versa, offering a bit of a less expensive way to fix a part without busting the wallet. I guess I was hoping the same might be true for common things like wheels for this model.

you can fin shells cheaper than $35 and tires cheaper than $25/pr, if you shop ebay and get the absolute cheapest shtuff you can find. I have a set of "suprasales" SCT tires that were $30/4. Rubber is rock hard, but they look like Proline Badlands, and have decent traction. But that guy does not sell 1/10MT tires.

a decent set of Duratrax pre-mounts are $30-
https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/lockup-mt-2.8-2wd-mounted-rear-c2-tires-chrome-2/DTXC3509.html

And the Proline Badland MX28 that are so popular are $40 a pair-
https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/badlands-mx28-2.8-mtd-raid-black-6x30-fr/PRO1012510.html

Mind you, these are good tires, great traction, and will last a pretty long time.

Are just the tires replaceable or are they permanently attached to the wheels? How do you know what wheels fit the Granite Voltage?

Tires and wheels can be purchased separately. You can remove the current tires from the wheels pretty easily. Put them in the oven at 300 degrees for 30 minutes which breaks down the glue, and then pull the tire away from the wheel while still hot (wear hot pads). Glueing new tires is pretty easy as well - just YouTube some videos.

However, most people just buy a new wheel/tire combo. Most 12mm monster truck wheel/tire combos should fit fine. Just make sure to look for .5” offset if available.

I got this last Black Friday. It's been a fantastic little truck. I use the truck to get my 1 year old dog some much needed exercise. I'll drive the truck around the cul-de-sac and my dog goes nuts. He chases it until the battery runs dead and during that time the truck gets stepped on, flipped, and the tires gnawed on.

So, it's been a few months and the car could REALLY use a new body shell and tires. I went online to see about replacements and thought something had to be wrong. $35 for a vacuum-formed plastic shell? $25 for a pair of rubber tires!? Buying 4 tires and the shell would cost more than I spent on the entire RTR package! I'm not an RC car guy (mostly RC airplanes), so I'm not knowledgeable about parts compatibility for these trucks and such. Are there any other places/brands/whatever that I could buy a replacement shell for this thing and tires? I don't need them to be the same as the stock vehicle, but something that'll fit onto the truck without special knowledge or modifications needed.

If anyone has any recommendations and can provide me some links, I would really appreciate it.

This is normal and any tire/body upgrade replacement for any hobby grade RC car (Especially pre-painted bodies) is going to cost this much.
That being said, you could buy a clear body for around $20 and paint it yourself, but by the time you buy paint and account for your time you are going to end up spending way more $$.

While I think it's awesome that your dog loves to chase the granite. Keep in mind this isn't a animal chew toy. It's a entry level hobby grade RC car.
Hobby grade RC cars cost money to fix.

I also picked up one of these for my son on Black Friday, I think you have to remember that it's actually a $130 truck. You just happened to get it for way less than that.

You can try to find cheap ebay 12mm hex wheels/tires as replacements. I think Redcat makes a few that would maybe work.
But keep in mind each brand makes things custom to their application specifically so you can't really shop around. I will say the backspacing on the arrma voltage and 3s counterparts is crazy. I've never seen any other RC like it.

JennysRC doesn't do any of the voltage line as far as I know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back