Granite Shocks replacement upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I'd get a set of TLR shocks if I wanted to replace mine. Best 1/10 scale shocks IMO and reasonably priced on eBay for arguably the smoothest shocks out there. I'll do that one day when I'm bored and figure out the right shocks to get.

I have been told on the granite 3s BLX the front shocks are 100mm eye to eye and the rear are 120mm, I am tired of dealing with shock issues, without having a LHS it is hard to get the right thing online. If I could I would open a hobby shop just so I knew I would parts there are a lot of people around me that are into the hobby that have cars piled up because they cant find the right parts or they arent available online.

Last edited:
I have been told on the granite 3s BLX the front shocks are 100mm eye to eye and the rear are 120mm, I am tired of dealing with shock issues, without having a LHS it is hard to get the right thing online. If I could I would open a hobby shop just so I knew I would parts there are a lot of people around me that are into the hobby that have cars piled up because they cant find the right parts or they arent available online.
The stock Fronts are 100mm & Rears are 115mm: I measured them with a digital caliper. You should be able to go 5-10mm longer & not have a problem. A 105mm front & 125mm rear shock will allow for full suspension travel. I hardly ever deal with LHS when it comes to parts. Everything at any of the stores I've been to is 90% Traxxas. They might have a few Arrma parts, but if I buy them then they're gone & I don't really need them anyway. I get most of my Arrma stuff from Tower or eBay. I just don't like plastic shocks. I never met a plastic shock that won't leak - & the V3 Typhon shock has plastic caps that pop. Mine popped on the 1st run on a nice sized jump. I used the Kraton aluminum caps.

Here are the stock shocks compared to the HSP shock I use. The front shock is 3.5mm longer & the rear is 7.5mm longer. The quality is ok but they are far better than the shock leaking mess & yes both stock shocks are leaking. The HSPs are directly off my Granite 4-6s truck so they can definitely handle the abuse. HSP 81003N & 81002N: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Abso...002N-137MM-1-8-RC-CAR-HSP-Redcat/273149484410
They take on average of 2 weeks to arrive from China but they do work flawlessly.
0101190106 (Copy).jpg

0101190107 (Copy).jpg

Here are the stock shocks compared to the HSP shock I use. The front shock is 3.5mm longer & the rear is 7.5mm longer. The quality is ok but they are far better than the shock leaking mess & yes both stock shocks are leaking. The HSPs are directly off my Granite 4-6s truck so they can definitely handle the abuse. HSP 81003N & 81002N: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Abso...002N-137MM-1-8-RC-CAR-HSP-Redcat/273149484410
They take on average of 2 weeks to arrive from China but they do work flawlessly.

That looks a lot better then what I had. Mine has a longer shock body than stock so there wasnt much travel in the shock shaft.

The measurements on that link say 118mm and 137mm, how long did it take for you to get your set?

That looks a lot better then what I had. Mine has a longer shock body than stock so there wasnt much travel in the shock shaft.

The measurements on that link say 118mm and 137mm, how long did it take for you to get your set?
They're measuring the entire shock, probably with a ruler because they're a few mm's off. The 1st order (3 sets) I bought from that seller took about 2 weeks. But the 2nd order months later (5 sets) took 6 days.

They're measuring the entire shock, probably with a ruler because they're a few mm's off. The 1st order (3 sets) I bought from that seller took about 2 weeks. But the 2nd order months later (5 sets) took 6 days.

I sent that guy on ebay a message hopefully he can get me a set. Im tired of dealing with leaky shocks lol. When I get this issue taken care of I am then going to buy a set of 17mm hexes and a set of badlands tires for it. I wish I could find some used 17mm hexes but I haven't seen anyone selling any. $30 is a little steep plus another $75 on tires.

I sent that guy on ebay a message hopefully he can get me a set. Im tired of dealing with leaky shocks lol. When I get this issue taken care of I am then going to buy a set of 17mm hexes and a set of badlands tires for it. I wish I could find some used 17mm hexes but I haven't seen anyone selling any. $30 is a little steep plus another $75 on tires.
For hexes, I use redcat part BS809-007. Those hexes fit right over the stock axles with minimum play & they are much cheaper than the Traxxas part. I would probably wait for the Typhon parts to show up. Absolutely zero play. The axle is the strongest part. All you would need are the axles & hexes.

For hexes, I use redcat part BS809-007. Those hexes fit right over the stock axles with minimum play & they are much cheaper than the Traxxas part. I would probably wait for the Typhon parts to show up. Absolutely zero play. The axle is the strongest part. All you would need are the axles & hexes.

What Typhon parts are you talking about? And I have seen those hexes your talking about but wasnt sure if they had enough of an offset for tires to clear the body

What Typhon parts are you talking about? And I have seen those hexes your talking about but wasnt sure if they had enough of an offset for tires to clear the body
The 3s Typhon comes stock with 17mm hexes. The hexes fit over the new axles, held in place by a pin, & are locked on the axle by a screw.

So if I wanted to run the Typhon hexes on my Granite I would need the Typhon axles as well?
These I know you will would need.
AR310906 Nut
AR310904 Hex
AR310905 Wheel stub axle
AR722310 M3x10 screws
The axle main shafts are the same between the two vehicles.

These I know you will would need.
AR310906 Nut
AR310904 Hex
AR310905 Wheel stub axle
AR722310 M3x10 screws
The axle main shafts are the same between the two vehicles.

Thats good to know, I didnt think the 1/8 scale axle stubs would interchange with the 1/10th scale. The only issue is the AR310905 arent available. I wonder if the Krayton, Outcast or any of the other 1/8 scale would interchange.

Thats good to know, I didnt think the 1/8 scale axle stubs would interchange with the 1/10th scale. The only issue is the AR310905 arent available. I wonder if the Krayton, Outcast or any of the other 1/8 scale would interchange.
The hex, nut, & wheel stub axle are specific parts for the 3s Typhon

The shocks on my Senton 3S started leaking and instead of rebuilding them I used a set of shocks that i had laying around from a ZD Racing 1/8 buggy. The bottom's was a direct bolt on but the tops I used Hot Racing M3x8mm aluminum spacers and they fit perfect.

Attachments

• DSCF5710.JPG
    DSCF5710.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCF5712.JPG
    DSCF5712.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCF5714.JPG
    DSCF5714.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 73
The shocks on my Senton 3S started leaking and instead of rebuilding them I used a set of shocks that i had laying around from a ZD Racing 1/8 buggy. The bottom's was a direct bolt on but the tops I used Hot Racing M3x8mm aluminum spacers and they fit perfect.
Fronts or rears from the buggy or both? Any idea of the uncompressed length from eye to eye?

This brand is what I just got from Amazon. I ordered these for my Granite 3s BLX but they were the wrong size 130mm for the rear was WAY to long, they bottomed out on every bump because the rear a-arms I liked the quality of them though I wish they had them in different sizes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back