Granite Shocks replacement upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh hitting a pole bent one of my HSP's , bent not broke , one of my stocks broke running over a pebble in comparison :p

All of mine were leaking as well, so that was just as big a turn off for me.

Others have had a better run.

Says the guy that king hit a pole with his Typhon at 50+mph :p

I was doing a wide open speed run, not driving in circles in my yard, lol. You lose control at 25 mph. Try running at 55!

I wonder what the spring rates are in comparison.

I finally got out and tried the Typhon shocks out today. I thought they performed very well. They are definitely stiffer than stock (and run 45 wt shock oil) but they aren't so stiff that you are bouncing all over the place. They are great if you like to do big air. I think I am going to ebay some chop shop shocks to run on it permanently (I borrowed these from my Typhon).

Jennys RC.com has assembled Typhon shocks in stock. $53 for a set of 4, shipped to me in CT. I just ordered them. Get them while they have them.

I got a new Granite 4x4 BLX yesterday, as soon as I opened the package I had an issue. 2 of the 4 shocks were already leaking. I emailed Arrma they are supposed to send me caps? I don't know if that will help.

Anyway, I have been reading through the groups for awhile and searching, has anyone found a set of 4 replacement shocks for the Granite 3S BLX that will work that don't have to be ordered from China? I want to run my truck as soon as I can without breaking the bank at my local hobby store.

I went ahead and ordered a set of these off Amazon, their cheap but they got to be better than stock. The front is 105mm and the rear is 130mm with a 17mm diameter. I don't do any major bashing or track racing so I should be ok as long as they fit

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0752S76L7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3ENF2ER8VB5K2&psc=1

I have shocks like these (not on a Mega) they are ok but the top plastic mounting piece is crap cracks and breaks too easily for me anyways YMMV.

I have shocks like these (not on a Mega) they are ok but the top plastic mounting piece is crap cracks and breaks too easily for me anyways YMMV.

I 2nd that. The top pieces are wedged in between the cap & the shock body & will either break themselves or break the seal on the cap. They can't withstand even basic running around let alone jumping. Cancel that order & go for all metal caps.

I went ahead and ordered a set of these off Amazon, their cheap but they got to be better than stock. The front is 105mm and the rear is 130mm with a 17mm diameter. I don't do any major bashing or track racing so I should be ok as long as they fit

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0752S76L7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3ENF2ER8VB5K2&psc=1
I know you want to ride the truck ASAP but you shouldn't go with junk like that. It'll last 5-10mins at the most b4 the caps give out. Order these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Abso...002N-137MM-1-8-RC-CAR-HSP-Redcat/273149484410

In the meantime, if the stock shock caps aren't completely threaded wrong or stripped, wrap some teflon tape around the threads 2-3 times & give it a go.

Thank you guys for the replies.
I went ahead and bought the shocks with the plastic eyes before I seen any of the replies. I got them through Amazon they will be here tomorrow, first thing I am going to put Teflon tape on the caps, and when I install them I will use something as a spacer if there is a gap so the tops and bottoms of the shock eyes are not flopping around in the shock mount. If those cheap shocks do break I can always return them.

I did get the rebuild kit for the stock shocks Tower Hobbies sent today, I will rebuild the stock ones in case the ones I bought break while I'm waiting on the ones from China to get here. I don't do any jumping other than a small speed bump, hopefully the cheap ones hold up till the metal ones arrive.

I know you want to ride the truck ASAP but you shouldn't go with junk like that. It'll last 5-10mins at the most b4 the caps give out. Order these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Abso...002N-137MM-1-8-RC-CAR-HSP-Redcat/273149484410

In the meantime, if the stock shock caps aren't completely threaded wrong or stripped, wrap some teflon tape around the threads 2-3 times & give it a go.

Those shocks on ebay are 23mm diameter, I read in another forum that said you could only go up to 18mm in diameter, unless thats for the 2WD Granite model.

I wonder if anyone has taken either one of the Voltage models and put a blx system in it? That would be insane to control on 3s. The drive shafts might not even hold that kind of power long.

Those shocks on ebay are 23mm diameter, I read in another forum that said you could only go up to 18mm in diameter, unless thats for the 2WD Granite model.

I wonder if anyone has taken either one of the Voltage models and put a blx system in it? That would be insane to control on 3s. The drive shafts might not even hold that kind of power long.

There's no slipper on a Voltage, so the spur or driveshafts would self-destruct on about the second battery.

You misunderstood me a bit. I said that the info listed for the ebay shock is wrong. The listed info said that the 'Shock Body OD' is 23mm when it's actually 18mm. They measured the spring diameter instead of the shock body diameter. All the other listed info is correct. The cars can easily use the 20mm Typhon v3 shocks or the 19mm Typhon v2 shocks.

I have also read that the people are using the stock Arrma Typhon shocks as a drop in replacement for the Granite shocks, is that right? And if so then what about the Nero or Fazon stock shocks

You misunderstood me a bit. I said that the info listed for the ebay shock is wrong. The listed info said that the 'Shock Body OD' is 23mm when it's actually 18mm. They measured the spring diameter instead of the shock body diameter. All the other listed info is correct. The cars can easily use the 20mm Typhon v3 shocks or the 19mm Typhon v2 shocks.

Oh ok. I do understand now. I ordered them they should be here sometime in january.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back