Slevin’s Arrma Typhon 6s GT conversion build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah!

F89EC027-D09A-4A47-87DF-4834ED6A00A1.jpeg

C390DA5D-9255-431E-9025-880B5DB674F5.jpeg

now I just need to figure out how to mount it
I had it in a vice and folded it by pressing it with a small sheat of metal to get a narrow crease. Not sure if I can explain any better ? I also did two creases, its hard to tell from my picture ??
It is very cool! I’ll have to try that as well. I just mounted a vice to my bench.

Question...

the body I want comes in 1, 1.5, or 2mm thicknesses. Currently, all are out of stock except for the 2mm. I’ve been keeping my eye out for when the others do come back in stock but would 2mm be fine? That seems rather thick or maybe not. I don’t know.

Question...

the body I want comes in 1, 1.5, or 2mm thicknesses. Currently, all are out of stock except for the 2mm. I’ve been keeping my eye out for when the others do come back in stock but would 2mm be fine? That seems rather thick or maybe not. I don’t know.
Go with the 2mm for sure. I think @jondilly1974 used a 4 or 5mm body on his Typhon

Let’s see, I’ve got the body on order as well as Tamiya paint. I’m going for a fluorescent green and black look. I also picked up some 2mm wide masking tape to try out.

I’ve got my cap pack mounted through an existing hole in the chassis but I’ll have to drill another out and counter sink it.

I modified the stock esc tray to mount the 8s esc but not sure if I want to mount it there yet. I need to see what the clearance will be between the body and the top of the center diff. If I go that route I’ll move the cap pack to where the stock esc goes. I did just order a 3d printer and have an idea for a mount for the 8s which means more meddling in fusion 360.

Oh and I also ordered some new battery straps.

Body is cut out!

5BAB7C40-5C7D-4195-B5E9-737EB5C08BB8.jpeg

Im working on an ESC mount for the center diff atm. Making it out of kydex though I’m not sure how it will hold up with any heat coming from the ESC. Regardless, it is good practice in fabrication and I can use it as a template for carbon fiber. I think I’m going to pick up a drill press next. Any excuse to get a new tool!

Body is cut out!

View attachment 77887

Im working on an ESC mount for the center diff atm. Making it out of kydex though I’m not sure how it will hold up with any heat coming from the ESC. Regardless, it is good practice in fabrication and I can use it as a template for carbon fiber. I think I’m going to pick up a drill press next. Any excuse to get a new tool!
A drill press would be on my short list of new tools too. Maybe a small CNC too.

A drill press would be on my short list of new tools too. Maybe a small CNC too.
Yep! There is a CNC called Mostly printed cnc by V1 engineering that I think I’m going to make at some point. Check it out at v1engineering.com. It is cheaper and as a hobbyist it is more than enough.

I spent some time on the car tonight. I got all the diffs put back in and everything back together.

I fabricated a new ESC plate.

FEE654C8-D406-42E2-B4E5-A38D2FB7CB20.jpeg

I used the original ESC mount and modified it to remove excess plastic and mounted the RX box to it.

267EDCEE-C84C-4A66-8E7B-4F66A2856234.jpeg

C68B5EF1-0D1C-4A5E-8673-3B72385579E4.jpeg

I will most likely shorten the servo wires to help clean it up and not stuff the box full of wire. Also, paint arrived today! So I’ll be working on painting the body this week. Only thing I’m missing is the RX.....banggood...ugh.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back