Thoughts on team corally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bbqguy52

Upgrade your weekend: Take Monday Off...
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Vorteks
I was just curious about the team corally brand. My local shop swears them. Any thoughts?

I like my Kronos XTR but it comes with some caveats when compared to the Arrma 6S Kraton. It handles better and is more plush out of the box. It isn't as durable as the Kraton EXB. The extremely long rear center driveshaft makes me nervous for big sends. I ordered a spare immediately after seeing how long it was. The battery tray is a little more confined and seems to like a single 6S battery than 2 3S packs. I used the standard Team Corally 6S ESC/Motor system and it's faster than the equivalent Arrma system even on the stock 13t Pinion. The parts availability isn't as good as Arrma. I have lots of the 6S Arrma line so I got it to accent the Arrma's but find I really enjoy it. The prices are a little less but not significantly. I'd really have to have more friends that had them and or share parts and wrenching knowledge if I didn't have the fleet of 6S Arrma's. There is a certain convenience in having multiple rigs with similar parts like my 6s Arrma's. i.e One gear box case will fit all my 6S trucks.

Good luck with your decision,
Hurricane

I was just curious about the team corally brand. My local shop swears them. Any thoughts?
I agree with Hurricane's assessment.
I have the Kronos XTR running TC electronics.
I haven't had it for very long so durability is still TBD for the most part.
Their motor/esc combo is excellent in terms of power, servo sucks as with pretty much any rtr servo. I've killed 2 already.
Def not as beefy as say a Kraton 6s, arms are pretty thin(although they sell graphite inserts) not sure if I want graphite inserts for a basher?
Handling is great for a basher however.
So, if ur looking for a hardcore basher, I would suggest an arrma over TC for sure.
TC is better suited for lighter bashing IMO.
Check out Razor RC youtube, he is a member here on the forum and has many videos of Tc, Arrma and others.

Several threads on the forum where people wanted the Kraton but it was sold out so they bought the Kronos.
They then went on to explain it was their biggest RC mistake they ever made. Constantly broke parts. I do remember them saying they like the motor or the ESC? (cant remember which it was)

That was enough for me to decide to stay away from them. Plus parts availability in the US is not near where Arrma is.
Just didn't seem worth the small $$ savings.

Not
Several threads on the forum where people wanted the Kraton but it was sold out so they bought the Kronos.
They then went on to explain it was their biggest RC mistake they ever made. Constantly broke parts. I do remember them saying they like the motor or the ESC? (cant remember which it was)

That was enough for me to decide to stay away from them. Plus parts availability in the US is not near where Arrma is.
Just didn't seem worth the small $$ savings.
Not defending TC, but biggest RC mistake ever made?
You sure "they" weren't talking about traxxas🤣

As far as them being clones no not even close enough to be a knockoff. ASide from the bodies and similar names they are completely different than an Arrma, the chassis layout looks like a Mugen and the tires are a knockoff of the Proline Badlands.

Their initial releases were pretty bad a lot of broken arms, broken front chassis braces, bent rear chassis braces, bent rear dog bones and bent chassis even on their short wheelbase option.

Their latest stuff is much better but just not as durable as Arrma out of the box. They are a few steps behind in a some areas.

There was improvements to the V2 versions and the XTR has the upgraded parts so that is the best of their options. The marketing department is the biggest copycat as the naming and such are really aimed at Arrma's.
Two other issues I ran into. I broke my wing mount adapter plates. It wants to wheelie easy and you can hit it hard. The other thing is that the stock tires don't feel as strong as the Arrma tires. They seem to balloon more and before ruining them I put some Arrma Backflip tires I had lying around, they have held up to the abuse well. Jenny's RC is your friend.
The more common complaint about the XTR/V2 versions was the pillow balls popping out easy. They redesigned them and are actually stronger than the Arrma version that people were using. Mine were fine for months then finally popped. Wondering if when they get to the US if we'll see people trying them on their Arrma's.
Hurricane

Posts #5 and #32 were specifically the ones that have stood out to me

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/corally-kronos-xp-fixing-a-bloody-mess.28209/
I too have read those threads. Thankfully alot has changed with the V2. There are several threads about them here.
They definitely got off to a rocky start, but are clearly eager to improve which I can respect them for.
I'm not trying to steer anyone to any brand.
Likewise, I'm not going to ignore a product based on history..things change.
I have gotten the updated hubs..they were free from TC. Unfortunately I had to pay shipping from Belgium, $25😂..
Old vs New

Attachments

• 20211115_215820.jpg
    20211115_215820.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20211115_215802.jpg
    20211115_215802.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I feel many competing brands to Arrma, can be pro or con. Arrma being the epitome of durability and parts support overall. Just not easily available everywhere globally. Depending where you live globally affects parts support. So your choice of brand is dictated by this. All rigs will break at some point. Easily gotten parts keeps you bashing. So no matter the brand, the parts train is most significant. IMHO. Price is second, because we all have different wallets. So $$ is subjective.
Also, I feel many of these 1/8 rigs wont break as easily if they run on 4s power. Many brands don't consider this in their designs. These are predominantly based loosely on 1/8 track truggy/buggy platforms which run only 4s power. Running 6s and even 8s in these rigs as many do just reduces durability overall. Despite them being marketted as 6s rigs most of the time. And everyone wants more speed and power. And this results in more Carnage. Can't have it both ways. All rigs break. That's why they are Hobby grade. Break, fix and repeat. No matter the rig or brand.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great information. I'm recently back into the hobby after about 30 years. Currently I'm driving a vorteks. Love it.

Trying

Try

I have three of them now; a V1 Python, a V2 Kronos, and a Radix4. I think TC is beginning to get it right (sending out free upgraded steering blocks was an excellent move) and if they continue to beef up their lineup they'll be a major competitor in the years to come. I would love to see them release an on-road vehicle or something in 1/5th scale.

I don't have a TC car, but am really impressed with their 2022 releases; the Kronos XTR and Sketer.
They are working on a new car (not my cup of tea though) that aims to be best in its' class.

My Team Corally Radix 6s arrived yesterday, so I can't comment on durability. I am impressed at how things are laid out and the ease of maintenance.

Team Corally parts support has improved in the US recently - RC Hobby Explosion is carrying a lot of Team Corally parts now, including the factory upgrade parts line called "Tuning", which seem to be comparable to the Losi TLR parts. Some of the Tuning parts are made of 7075 T6 aluminum, spring steel, or carbon fiber: the aluminum and steel parts are made in Switzerland or Italy. Upgraded parts like shock towers, chassis braces, chassis plates, suspension arm mounts, steering plates, outdrive cups, upgraded diffs, and 30mm aluminum fans are all available, and the prices on the Tuning parts are reasonable.

More to come after I've spent more time (and money) on my Radix.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back