TLR Tuned LMT Monster Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Is anyone else confused by this thing?

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/tlr-tuned-lmt-4wd-solid-axle-monster-truck-kit/LOS04027.html

1677764464786.png

Why would the TLR racing division tune a monster truck? Maybe I’m out of the loop - do people race those things?
Big time!! My lhs hosts huge races strictly for monster trucks. They have an indoor carpet track setup just like a course you would see at a Monster Jam event and 40-50 guys with multiple trucks each, show up to race multiple classes. Usually 2 and 3s brushless setups and they absolutely rip, and fun to watch.
Check out some YT videos, I've been tempted to get into it but I already have enough unfinished projects lol

Why would the TLR racing division tune a monster truck? Maybe I’m out of the loop - do people race those things?
solid axle monster truck racing and freestyle competitions are huge. If i didnt buy 2 LMT's last month I would get this roller for sure.

Big time!! My lhs hosts huge races strictly for monster trucks. They have an indoor carpet track setup just like a course you would see at a Monster Jam event and 40-50 guys with multiple trucks each, show up to race multiple classes. Usually 2 and 3s brushless setups and they absolutely rip, and fun to watch.
Check out some YT videos, I've been tempted to get into it but I already have enough unfinished projects lol
Well I feel like a dummy 🤣

That sounds amazing! It would be fun to either spectate or race. I wish there was something like that near me.

IDK what's actually different between this TLR LMT and the recently discontinued LMT roller, but I think this is it's replacement? With a bigger price tag to justify the TLR badge of course, LOL.
Super cool truck, glad to see it's available again👍

At first glance I see lots of different things …

Chassis is different design as stock LMT.
Chassis material is CF, stock is AL.
Links are different, shock position is different.
AL knuckles and lockouts, stock is plastic

Probably a few more to see as well … I think it looks cool.

At first glance I see lots of different things …

Chassis is different design as stock LMT.
Chassis material is CF, stock is AL.
Links are different, shock position is different.
AL knuckles and lockouts, stock is plastic

Probably a few more to see as well … I think it looks cool.
My untrained eye didn't pick up on those things, thanks for pointing them out👍
I've never seen one in person.
Can't say I'll likely own one but it's cool.
BTW, what's with a limited quantity release? Seems like they're trying to create excitement, pathetic IMO. 🤷‍♂️

Fire and ice bodies were released as well. I think the ice body would look great on my son uva digger and i'm liking the demolisher tires as well. asshole tower hobbies cancelled my demolisher order when they were on sale last week.

1677773831793.png

1677773850510.png

IDK what's actually different between this TLR LMT and the recently discontinued LMT roller, but I think this is it's replacement? With a bigger price tag to justify the TLR badge of course, LOL.
Super cool truck, glad to see it's available again👍
Jokes on them. My LHS has a new lmt roller.

So are there other brands of trucks or all Losi?
I was just checking out Trigger King on YT.. pretty cool👍

So are there other brands of trucks or all Losi?
I was just checking out Trigger King on YT.. pretty cool👍
I'm not super knowledgeable on the monster truck scene, but I believe they use the LMT, SMT, heavily modded clod busters and pretty much any variation of a straight axle monster truck.. it's really cool to see 50 or 60 trucks all lined up on tables and check out the different setups

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back