What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some new shoes for 571
They are for that trx? but you can drill out the centre to get them on no problem. Belted as well ?
IMG_20200911_194355_915.jpg

Ooh, what you building..??

You must now own most of the MMX8's ESC's that were built this year..????
Replacing the taco chassis on my Typhon 6s and upgrading my motor mount on my stretched Typhon GT so I can use a larger pinion. The 46t pinion fits a stock mount, but I can only get a single screw in. I just needed another @PPS-RC mount. Bob looks like he’s over there having too much fun. I thought he needed some more work ??
@jondilly1974 and @FlipSide
you are killing me with that shiny aluminium motor/diff mount!?
Would that happen to fit an 4985 and do you recall were to buy it? Please say no and no...???
Yes and yes @PPS-RC

https://practicalproto.com/products/v4mount

@jondilly1974 and @FlipSide
you are killing me with that shiny aluminium motor/diff mount!?
Would that happen to fit an 4985 and do you recall were to buy it? Please say no and no...???

I can confirm that the 4985 does in fact fit with the PPS mount.
20200226_234927.jpg

You didn’t get doors or sides to your rack? Isn’t that really noisy?
No noise at all. The 2 5000 watt amps wit loud fans for the subs are in the basement and I turn them on with my phone when needed. The big Amp in the bottom of the rack and the receiver are passively cooled. The UPS fan only goes on if there is a power outage.
I have a special fan unit that is sitting on top of the bottom Amp that is temperate controlled. It runs silent on low unless the Amp temp hits a user specified temp and then it ramps up.

IMG_20200911_175026.jpg

h.jpg

@Kingpin - With that system you don't even need force feedback chairs! :ROFLMAO: There might still be enough room in there for a backup generator! :unsure: ? Cool set up. (y)
Yeah its pretty tactile. The subs are able to hit 6hz no problem and 12hz @ 132db.

No noise at all. The 2 5000 watt amps wit loud fans for the subs are in the basement and I turn them on with my phone when needed. The big Amp in the bottom of the rack and the receiver are passively cooled. The UPS fan only goes on if there is a power outage.
I have a special fan unit that is sitting on top of the bottom Amp that is temperate controlled. It runs silent on low unless the Amp temp hits a user specified temp and then it ramps up.

View attachment 99791

View attachment 99792

Yeah its pretty tactile. The subs are able to hit 6hz no problem and 12hz @ 132db.
Wait you have a rack and the items are just stacked on the shelf? Where’s the rack ears? Sorry but this is kind of what I do for a living and I’m a stickler for details.

Wait you have a rack and the items are just stacked on the shelf? Where’s the rack ears? Sorry but this is kind of what I do for a living and I’m a stickler for details.
The bottom amp sits on heavy duty shelf as it's 100lbs,The Blue amp, UPS, SIlver faced surge protector, are all rack mount.
The unit on top of the bottom amp sits flush on it to pull the heat away and the hot air exits out the back.
The rest of the items are on their own ventilated shelves that are screwed into the rack.
I'm not worried about the receiver getting hot because I only use it as a processor so the amps inside are not used.
This image shows the mounting better.

IMG_20200911_235415.jpg

You have more amp power and equipment than my local cinema..!! ????

Quote.. "The subs are able to hit 6hz no problem and 12hz @ 132db"
I used to work in car audio spl and your system for a home cinema is JUST WOW..!! ??

You have more amp power and equipment than my local cinema..!! ????

Quote.. "The subs are able to hit 6hz no problem and 12hz @ 132db"
I used to work in car audio spl and your system for a home cinema is JUST WOW..!! ??
Home theater DIY is a different animal then car audio. Well SPL comps anyways. Those guys burp at 50hz I think. In the DIY circles for home subs we call that mid bass. ?
When I had those sibs in my basement they were in 2*3*5 foot ported boxes tuned to 11hz.

Back