What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have oak in my house. Classic grey/weathered oak mix
4E65D0C6-0F90-46B6-B054-1894271281D1.jpeg

You want my address?
You need hardwood flooring in a closet? Because that is about all you will be able to do with a tad under 20sq feet.

Not a fan of wood in the bathroom, but that's just a matter of taste. I sell porcelain and natural stone for a living, and there are beautiful wood "look" porcelains that would suit any taste.
Yeah, if I ever redo it, definitely going with tile.

Yeah, wood is nice but no bueno for water. Is swells too easy
Supposedly bamboo is more resilient to water than other woods. But it is super easy to scratch, one of the reasons I didn't want to do bamboo again.

The worst is oak with a sand and stain w water based poly. I’ve done a few houses in bamboo and even had someone leave a door open all night while it rained on bamboo and it barely swelled. So, yeah, I agree with that for sure. It’s dense.

You need hardwood flooring in a closet? Because that is about all you will be able to do with a tad under 20sq feet.
Starts in the closet, work my way out. Should take about 2 and a half years?

Not a fan of wood in the bathroom, but that's just a matter of taste. I sell porcelain and natural stone for a living, and there are beautiful wood "look" porcelains that would suit any taste.

When I bought my house 18 months ago I had all the existing wood floors sanded and then stained dark. Took the carpet out of the large family room and put hardwood floors in there as well. Last thing I had done was wood shaped tile in the foyer. I love the way it came out and I don't have to worry about water and muddy feet when people come in.

20190106_075214.jpg

I used to install hardwood for a living, my back is now perm fiddlesticked from being bent over all the time doing that work, but when we were done it was just amazing!

And ^^ Yeah I was never a fan of water based poly either never understood why anyone would want that crap, Polly the screen sand and poly and screen sand and poly and screen sand you get the idea, It was lot more work but the end result was worth the protection.

Ohh and im headed to Costco today to buy a few bags of limes, nothing beats a homemade margarita.

When I bought my house 18 months ago I had all the existing wood floors sanded and then stained dark. Took the carpet out of the large family room and put hardwood floors in there as well. Last thing I had done was wood shaped tile in the foyer. I love the way it came out and I don't have to worry about water and muddy feet when people come in.

View attachment 26663
Very nice.

Especially when u spend all your money on arrma... lol
I spend all my money on so many things. Last month I bought a whole bunch of parts to do some maintenance on my Tahoe, I still have more money in parts for my Outcast than I do for the Tahoe though lol. I have spent less than $500.00 on replacement parts for my Tahoe. I lost track of how much I have spent on the Outcast.

Back