What did you do today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lesson learned!! So last week I was driving Paula's Typhon down this road I built and wandered into the oncoming lane just barely avoiding a head on with what appeared to be a Kraton doing about 80 mph. Paula didn't see it but I did! I found it necessary to properly stripe my road so I can stay in my lane. Everyone knows that flat and straight roads are particularly dangerous so I'm considering also adding guard rails. Please be safe out there and stay in your lane!:rolleyes:

IMG_20230502_135924414_HDR.jpg

I woke up and took out the trash. Will walk dog a few times, tease bulldog, open up shocks on both rigs and replace shock oil. That's a full day and don't want to over do it and risk injuring myself.
What are you replacing the shock oil with and why. I recently replaced the big rocks oil with 40wt and it handles much better than before, better off jumps too.

I'm replacing the shock oil with 40wt as pictured. Why? Cuz I never opened them up since purchasing and there probably not full enough, also it gives me something to do. I was going to use log cabin syrup that my gf found in my pantry that expired in 2003 but since she offered to buy the shock oil, Im going this route. Glad to hear it's working for ya on your Big rock!

IMG_20230503_102936721.jpg

I woke up and took out the trash. Will walk dog a few times, tease bulldog, open up shocks on both rigs and replace shock oil. That's a full day and don't want to over do it and risk injuring myself.
Update...accomplished everything above today! As expected, shocks were low on fluid and soft.. Seems less springy and firmer. Will see how it performs when I jump her. :unsure: 😆

Update...accomplished everything above today! As expected, shocks were low on fluid and soft.. Seems less springy and firmer. Will see how it performs when I jump her. :unsure: 😆

I was kinda thinking how good that maple syrup was going to smell on a hot day, but I guess oil will work too.

This just happened now and then im going to bed. I walked into hobby room and forgot why...came back out, sat down and remembered, so got back up and walked in room and forgot again...This is real!!! I don't know if it's the edible or what?!!. Anyway I hope I can findy my bed cuz I had a eventful day.

This just happened now and then im going to bed. I walked into hobby room and forgot why...came back out, sat down and remembered, so got back up and walked in room and forgot again...This is real!!! I don't know if it's the edible or what?!!. Anyway I hope I can findy my bed cuz I had a eventful day.
lulz, I do that multiple times daily. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yesterday mom and i got the second to last load of 40 plus year of my parents business out of storage. Been in there for almost 15 years since they shut the business down. Been pretty emotional since dads been gone almost 10 yrs and all this stuff brings back a ton of memories. Still have an 8 ft belt sander and a couple shelves to go today. Will be such a load off my mom not having to think about paying storage for 90% junk. Lol.

View attachment 296446
I noticed you haven't been on the forum since Sunday and you have some pipe bombs in your car! Far left, middle box just fyi! Hoping you took turns slowly and your ok?

Last edited:
Back