What did you drive today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talion, BigRock and Grom!

IMG_3481.jpeg

IMG_3487.jpeg

Last edited:
What happened photos please
The truck has already been scrubbed, sorry.
The motor seized and overloaded the ESC. Hobbywing Max6/1650kv G1. It had a good run so I can't complain. I have already ordered a G2 replacement for it. The truck should be up and running by next weekend.

Last edited:
Here's the picture. My apologies my camera doesn't do close up very well. The motor doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it. It's still suspect and I'm going to toss it along with the ESC.

20240218_164455.jpg

Here's the picture. My apologies my camera doesn't do close up very well. The motor doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it. It's still suspect and I'm going to toss it along with the ESC.

View attachment 349518
Dam das the motor turn and the bearing is there play up down or side to side

You push the truck and it immediately comes to a stop, pick it up by the front wheels and pull it along and the back wheels drag across the ground. The spur gear can be wiggled back and forth so the gear mesh isn't too tight. The motor shaft doesn't wiggle and I can spin it with my fingers. The motor wrap shows signs of wear but still is in reasonable condition. Without the motor my Kraton rolls like a skateboard.??

You push the truck and it immediately comes to a stop, pick it up by the front wheels and pull it along and the back wheels drag across the ground. The spur gear can be wiggled back and forth so the gear mesh isn't too tight. The motor shaft doesn't wiggle and I can spin it with my fingers. The motor wrap shows signs of wear but still is in reasonable condition. Without the motor my Kraton rolls like a skateboard.??
How long have you had that motor and esc
I’m not sure what wrap you are talking about the wrap on the rotator

How long have you had that motor and esc
I’m not sure what wrap you are talking about the wrap on the rotator
Hobbywing Max6/1650kv combo G1, I've been running it for about two years. The rotor wrap I'm referring to is the fiberglass thread they wrap the rotor with. It might be carbon fiber, I don't know.

Hobbywing Max6/1650kv combo G1, I've been running it for about two years. The rotor wrap I'm referring to is the fiberglass thread they wrap the rotor with. It might be carbon fiber, I don't know.
I’m not sure but I don’t think you should see any separation of the fiberglass wrap but I think you got the use out of it 👍

I took out my new Asuga for its first-ever 6S run. This also happened to be my first-ever 6S run. Up till this point, I've only run 3S capable Arrmas and my Sketer and Asuga on 4S. They're all plenty fast and powerful. But the Asuga REALLY comes to life with the 6S power. She's fast, but it's not unmanageable, even for a bad driver like me ;) The extra power keeps the nose up on the jumps and just makes her a joy to drive.

She's all stock, except for Sketer wheels/tires, a motor fan, and some gorilla tape on the body. That's all she needs, in my book. I'm loving this rig!

1709172554335.png

Back