What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a new set screw for my wheel balancer... and it's still crooked. Guessing the threads are screwed up or something, but really, the thing I bought doesn't have enough heft to it to balance MT tires and it's not made right for it. So, I ordered some axle extensions for a revo or stampede axle as I have spares of those laying around, but with a 30mm extension/17mm adapter, then I can key it up on a wheel properly. I hope.

Stupid tires.

Don't buy this for 17mm wheels:
https://www.amazon.com/Associated-1498-Factory-Universal-Balancer/dp/B076X6S94N/

If the hub extension thing doesn't work... not sure what I"ll try next. Issue is, half my tires are traxxas, which have the keyed hex's, which makes balancing more annoying.

The thing I put above worked ok with prolines wheels as the "nut" that holds the tire on would touch all 5 main points of the hex, but on traxxas wheels, it's a bit iffy. And now that it's damaged... I'm not spending another $40 on something that is "iffy" on half my tires. lol!

Last edited:
As far as what I worked on yesterday/today..

- got lights on the infraction, fogs, side markers, 22mm halos, brake lights and waiting on the light bar.
- got lights on/off working through new Noble NB4 w/ a wireless receiver switch,
- 3D printed an engine cover for the infraction since I moved to center mount and the bed hits the top of my Max 5 (plan on cutting a hole in the bed and using neo magnets or just vhb tape to hold it on. Haven't decided yet)
- 3D printed new 30mm fan deflectors

a week or two ago I added esc center mount, front and rear braces, all PPS stuff for center diff/motor, ordered scorchedparts ti drive shafts and skid plates, balanced my tires, upgraded servo to Futaba 9352HV, HR horn / etc, added Max5, redid all my wires to 8awg and castle 6.5 polarized. (and whoever posted that thread on using authentic Hakko tips. Thanks. It made it a lot easier putting them together)

Hopefully printing my last rear tower for the Typhon speed runner as my last crash damaged the GPS tray. I redesigned it so it’s better protected. Also lowered the rear ride height 20mm so I could fully preload the rear shocks and still maintain under 10mm chassis clearance.

Hopefully printing my last rear tower for the Typhon speed runner as my last crash damaged the GPS tray. I redesigned it so it’s better protected. Also lowered the rear ride height 20mm so I could fully preload the rear shocks and still maintain under 10mm chassis clearance.

Did you get out there today?

Did you get out there today?
I didn’t have time to do a speed pass but I did test the K4S. I ended up getting called out on service calls. Always happens when I get a good weather day. Gotta pay the bills.

I didn’t have time to do a speed pass but I did test the K4S. I ended up getting called out on service calls. Always happens when I get a good weather day. Gotta pay the bills.

I hear ya on that for sure. I’ve had 4 days off since New Years. Took the weekend before last off because I was getting burned out and was about lose my mind lol.

I hear ya on that for sure. I’ve had 4 days off since New Years. Took the weekend before last off because I was getting burned out and was about lose my mind lol.
Being self employed is great at times but has its drawbacks too. I like my work, but too much of anything isn’t good.

Added an HDPE sheet to the ramp deck

787F263E-3438-4D02-A6EF-38664C937DA6.jpeg

Finally switched out to a new rear stock bulkhead on the Kraton this afternoon. I've never done it so it took me a long time. Next time I'll be faster.
I blew it out months ago after I installed new M2C standoffs.... towers, and Voltage braces were already on from the start. Bulkhead couldn't take my confidence when I tried to abuse it showing off at the park. If it happens again I'll spend the $70 for the real fix from Mitch and be bulletproof.
I also expect the front dogbones to pop out from the front and told myself I'd wait til it happens again before I put on the Hot Racing blocks. I can do that in the field.
I had an XMAXX friend contact me and wants to bash this Sunday if I can get away from work so I'm trying to get some trucks tightened up. He'll have to wait on the Mojave but the Kraton, Talion, Noto and even Typhon are ready to roll. I'll probably need to supply him with a truck before the day is over because all he's bringing is his 8s XMAXX ?
I'll get video if we end up going.

1583543121002.png

Added an HDPE sheet to the ramp deck

View attachment 68594

How did you cut that stuff? Does it try to shatter? I want to find some and do it too.

Finally switched out to a new rear stock bulkhead on the Kraton this afternoon. I've never done it so it took me a long time. Next time I'll be faster.
I blew it out months ago after I installed new M2C standoffs.... towers, and Voltage braces were already on from the start. Bulkhead couldn't take my confidence when I tried to abuse it showing off at the park. If it happens again I'll spend the $70 for the real fix from Mitch and be bulletproof.
I also expect the front dogbones to pop out from the front and told myself I'd wait til it happens again before I put on the Hot Racing blocks. I can do that in the field.
I had an XMAXX friend contact me and wants to bash this Sunday if I can get away from work so I'm trying to get some trucks tightened up. He'll have to wait on the Mojave but the Kraton, Talion, Noto and even Typhon are ready to roll. I'll probably need to supply him with a truck before the day is over because all he's bringing is his 8s XMAXX ?

View attachment 68608

How did you cut that stuff? Does it try to shatter? I want to find some and do it too.
You can cut it with a skil saw no prob. It flexible like a arm material no shattering

View attachment 68608

You can cut it with a skil saw no prob. It flexible like a arm material no shattering
Yep I just used my Milwaukee M12 Fuel circular saw.

Come and get it ?? In fact drive over Sunday for the Michigan bash. ?
I’d love too!! If it weren’t 10+ hrs. ☹️
Trust me, I thought about it!!

Finally getting around to cleaning, reoiling the diffs in the Typhon. Oh yea and changing the pinion gear to a 20t! :woot:

Hope you have some alternate tires! ? Those look like they'll cry on 20t.

I'm turning them into slicks!! ?

Oh yea, have stocked up on some tires recently. (y) Keep a watch on those GRP tires on Ebay and sometimes you can catch those deals where they discount when buying more sets of tires (4) at once. If I got that across coherently, :LOL:

Back