What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
RC LiPo companies come and go (rip SPC) and RC LiPo batteries are constantly changing and improving.

So to stay current, we are doing an annual thread and what to know what you thank are the best RC LiPo batteries. Tell us which LiPo batteries have offered you the best performance, lifespan and price.

If you see a LiPo battery already mentioned, be sure to up vote that reply!
1611703993154.png

If you're looking for suggestions on a lipo charger, be sure to read Recommend me a battery charger. If you're unsure about how to store a LiPo battery, then check out How to store a LiPo battery.

Get previous years recommendations in the original What's your "budget" LiPo of choice? thread.

That said, what are the best RC LiPo batteries for 2021?

Interessting no one seems to know Swaytronic. Have been using them for years and so far just had to send in one. And i have abouz 20 cars. Not that i buy for all of them batteries, i do use some in several cars. :cool: :)

I've used many but SMC has been my go-to the last few yrs. I do have a pair of HRB 4S packs for my x-maxx, but its only because I was too impatient to wait 5-8 days for SMC. Damn you Amazon, you have ruined me with your 2 day and next day shipping!!!!

I run SMC 9400's in my K8S, sure they are heavy but I get stupid long run times and they provide tons of power. I'm going to be getting me a 2nd set of their newer 9700's.

RC LiPo companies come and go (rip SPC) and RC LiPo batteries are constantly changing and improving.

So to stay current, we are doing an annual thread and what to know what you thank are the best RC LiPo batteries. Tell us which LiPo batteries have offered you the best performance, lifespan and price.

If you see a LiPo battery already mentioned, be sure to up vote that reply!
View attachment 122593

If you're looking for suggestions on a lipo charger, be sure to read Recommend me a battery charger. If you're unsure about how to store a LiPo battery, then check out How to store a LiPo battery.

Get previous years recommendations in the original What's your "budget" LiPo of choice? thread.

That said, what are the best RC LiPo batteries for 2021?
The BEST lipos per $1 for me have been CNHL! I like Zee and even YouMe when not overpriced. SMC V2 is great if you are speed running for 150mph goals. But, the new higher mAh CNHL appear to hang right with them. I have the 120C 240C burst and mine last longer than Zees and have a huge punch.

The BEST lipos per $1 for me have been CNHL! I like Zee and even YouMe when not overpriced. SMC V2 is great if you are speed running for 150mph goals. But, the new higher mAh CNHL appear to hang right with them. I have the 120C 240C burst and mine last longer than Zees and have a huge punch.
Have you got a link please? I'm in the UK, but my Kraton keeps killing batteries. The last one it just took out was a Voltz 3S 5000mah 50C. Split the hard plastic case open after a gentle 1C charge. It was cool when I charged it, and nowhere near fully discharged, as I snapped a steering tie rod, which stopped that session. Now looking for a 6S 50C 5000mah with EC5 connection. Thanks 👍🙂

I just ordered a Socokin 6S Lipo Battery 6000mAh from amazon and will test it out and update everyone. I have seen it pop up like once on this forum and from the reviews from seller seems to be a good batt. They are similar to hoovo and maybe similar to CNHL possibly. I was going to get a hoovo which I know are solid, but decided to give the socokin a try to be a guinea pig.

socokin.jpg

I just ordered a Socokin 6S Lipo Battery 6000mAh from amazon and will test it out and update everyone. I have seen it pop up like once on this forum and from the reviews from seller seems to be a good batt. They are similar to hoovo and maybe similar to CNHL possibly. I was going to get a hoovo which I know are solid, but decided to give the socokin a try to be a guinea pig.

View attachment 125424
I was finally able to test the socokin battery. Very punchy battery and I was pleased with performance. Good battery for the price and I would recommend. I would definitely buy another. Next time I'm getting a higher capacity though, unfortunately they don't offer any higher capacity that I know of. I will be testing another battery brand with something 9000 mah +. Could also get another socokin 6000mah and carry 2-3 batts with me.

My favorite to date is the Turnigy Graphene Panther, but that said, I’m a lipo whore.

Here is a list of brands I own:
  • Turnigy
  • CNHL
  • SMC
  • Yowoo
  • HRB

How are you fitting the Panthers into your EXB? They are 51mm wide while the tray is only 48. Same for the Yowoo and HRB. Those are listed as 48mm wide, plus 0-3mm variance. So Yowoo and HRB may also be 51mm.

I'm looking to get good batteries for my EXB, but I don't want to risk getting batteries that don't fit due to variances.

I can just avoid that risk and get some SMC Extreme Graphene V2 batteries, as those are hard case and known to be 48mm wide.

Edit: I do have on panther on its way, I'm just curious as to if I need to do anything or modify anything to make it fit the EXB.

Last edited:
How are you fitting the Panthers into your EXB? They are 51mm wide while the tray is only 48. Same for the Yowoo and HRB. Those are listed as 48mm wide, plus 0-3mm variance.

I'm looking to get good batteries for my EXB, but I don't want to risk getting batteries that don't fit due to variances.

I can just avoid that risk and get some SMC Extreme Graphene V2 batteries, as those are hard case and known to be 48mm wide.

I am running HRB 5,000 mAh soft case batteries in the Notorious and the EXB. No width issues. I have the 6,000 mAh Zeee batteries as well, fit just fine. Do you mean hard case?

I am running HRB 5,000 mAh soft case batteries in the Notorious and the EXB. No width issues. I have the 6,000 mAh Zeee batteries as well, fit just fine. Do you mean hard case?
The HRB 5000 mAh batteries are listed as 48mm width, plus 0-3mm. It sounds like your are actually 48mm which is good.

Turnigy Graphene Panther 5000 mAh are listed as 51mm wide, meaning they wouldn't fit into the 48mm battery holder in the Kraton. However, JonDilly has said his fit snug, and another person measured their's with a digital caliper and it was 49mm wide and fit, very snug.

I don't want to "roll the dice" on width variations with HRB, Yowoo Graphene, or the Panthers... But I did buy one panther and I'm crossing my fingers. I want to get 3 more so I'm trying to find information about how wide the Panther packs actually are and what their variance is, but other than one person saying 49mm, I can't find anything.

All of the above are soft case. The SMC Extreme Graphene V2 batteries are hard case and are 48mm in width. They aren't quite as good as the Panthers, but appear to be on par with Yowoo and HRB. So... If Panthers won't consistently fit due to vsriance, I'll just get a bunch of the SMC hard case Extreme Graphene V2 batteries.

The HRB 5000 mAh batteries are listed as 48mm width, plus 0-3mm. It sounds like your are actually 48mm which is good.

Turnigy Graphene Panther 5000 mAh are listed as 51mm wide, meaning they wouldn't fit into the 48mm battery holder in the Kraton. However, JonDilly has said his fit snug, and another person measured their's with a digital caliper and it was 49mm wide and fit, very snug.

I don't want to "roll the dice" on width variations with HRB, Yowoo Graphene, or the Panthers... But I did buy one panther and I'm crossing my fingers. I want to get 3 more so I'm trying to find information about how wide the Panther packs actually are and what their variance is, but other than one person saying 49mm, I can't find anything.

All of the above are soft case. The SMC Extreme Graphene V2 batteries are hard case and are 48mm in width. They aren't quite as good as the Panthers, but appear to be on par with Yowoo and HRB. So... If Panthers won't consistently fit due to vsriance, I'll just get a bunch of the SMC hard case Extreme Graphene V2 batteries.

I have just bought batteries that looked like a good deal and I haven’t even looked at the width. They all fit my 6S Arrmas. 🤷‍♂️

Zop power 5000mah 2s 120c, accelerates like a 3s but not so much top end, and zee 5200mah 80c, good well made and don't cost the earth.
If you didn't know, the same company that sells the zeee also sells socokin Lipos. They are probably same battery. Just FYI if you find your go-to zeee's are ever out of stock.

Hrb hardcase 6000 3s stacked is a very very tight fit in the noto. The height is what is tight. Hard to get the front holddown slide to stay latched without finaggling it. I leave my batts in as much as possible
Just need longer vel. straps. Good lipos BTW. Made by Yoowoo, a favorite of mine.
If looking for longer Velcro straps. I found that the Lim. batt straps are longer than others.

Just need longer vel. straps. Good lipos BTW. Made by Yoowoo, a favorite of mine.
If looking for longer Velcro straps. I found that the Lim. batt straps are longer than others.
Not the velcro its the plastic holddown at front side of batt tray. Thing that slides up. Straps are plenty long enuf. I have to make sure it locks in place or my truck will go one way and batts the outher way. I found this out on my first 6s run😂😂

I recently got 2 3S Spectrum Smart 5000mah 50c batts, they have been awesome, so much so that between them and my NIXE I think I'll be sticking with the Spectrum's great charge and ballz 2 the wall power, my Not so Mega has been going hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back