And out of boredom comes greatness....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LipoShirly

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Voltage
well, maybe not greatness... but my grandsons love it.

Not bored with the truck, just bored at work one day. Also felt I hadn't been spending enough money on Amazon lately , so I added this to my LMT digger. Over engineered it is not, everything is zip tied in. Total time spent on assembly was about 4 Hrs.

PXL_20230821_222812398.MP.jpg

The nozzles were 3D printed, they sorta match the body tie downs so they don't look out of place.

PXL_20230821_222825834.MP.jpg

A view of the back of the nozzle and plumbing job.

PXL_20230821_223803041.MP.jpg

Water is stored in a bladder. One that a hiker or backpacker would use. It easily holds 12oz. It gets folded and jammed into the cabin of the truck.

PXL_20230821_223809686.MP.jpg

The heart of the project is this cheap ($14) diaphragm pump from Amazon. Its rated for 12V and will shoot water 15 or 20 feet at that voltage. Unfortunately at the moment I'm limited to the BEC voltage of 8V as I'm simply using one of those $5 amazon receiver switches (most people use them for LEDs) to control the pump remotely. Next step is to increase the pump voltage to increase the range, though that means I will give up duration.... right now 12oz takes nearly 2 min to fully empty. I need to mount a go-pro on it to collect reactions.... my favorites so far are those that see the water dripping out of the nozzles (the bladder sometimes gets squished) and bend down to get a closer look.....

well, maybe not greatness... but my grandsons love it.

Not bored with the truck, just bored at work one day. Also felt I hadn't been spending enough money on Amazon lately , so I added this to my LMT digger. Over engineered it is not, everything is zip tied in. Total time spent on assembly was about 4 Hrs.

View attachment 318438
The nozzles were 3D printed, they sorta match the body tie downs so they don't look out of place.

View attachment 318439
A view of the back of the nozzle and plumbing job.

View attachment 318440
Water is stored in a bladder. One that a hiker or backpacker would use. It easily holds 12oz. It gets folded and jammed into the cabin of the truck.

View attachment 318441
The heart of the project is this cheap ($14) diaphragm pump from Amazon. Its rated for 12V and will shoot water 15 or 20 feet at that voltage. Unfortunately at the moment I'm limited to the BEC voltage of 8V as I'm simply using one of those $5 amazon receiver switches (most people use them for LEDs) to control the pump remotely. Next step is to increase the pump voltage to increase the range, though that means I will give up duration.... right now 12oz takes nearly 2 min to fully empty. I need to mount a go-pro on it to collect reactions.... my favorites so far are those that see the water dripping out of the nozzles (the bladder sometimes gets squished) and bend down to get a closer look.....

So Very Cool.

All you need is to add a turret like on a fire engine where you can rotate/control the direction of spray!

I ran a small tube up my car antenna
I feel another Amazon order may be in my future....

add a turret like on a fire engine where you can rotate/control the direction of spray!
I have enough trouble keeping the truck on 4 Wheels and not running into things, adding something else to control is not a good idea for me.... I'm thinking about simply adding more sprayers, it would look like one of those fireboats that spray water all directions.

I feel another Amazon order may be in my future....

I have enough trouble keeping the truck on 4 Wheels and not running into things, adding something else to control is not a good idea for me.... I'm thinking about simply adding more sprayers, it would look like one of those fireboats that spray water all directions.

Add some misters and you're rig will be able to drive through fire...
Similar to that APC in the movie "Reign of Fire"

If you like contraptions such as that i have another 1 i did you might like.
Took an extra washer tank and mounted it in the engine bay. Ran copper piping to the exhaust header. Filled the tank with caster oil...
Insta James bond smoke show when you pump the oil in with a hot header/manifold 🤣

I do not recommend this as it will damage your exhaust/ cause fires potentially. I had straight pipe exhaust without cats or a muffler. 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back