Anyone else have other expensive hobbies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does that bov open when not under boost pressure?
It builds boost with RPM
Wether under load or not
Soon as you let off the throttle it dumps the boost out the 2 bovs…
If driving “normal” just running it thru the gears the POVs sound just like that every time you shift if you get into the throttle any where over normal driving you don’t hear them say pshhhhh it’s more of a flutter sound
If your really into it !!! And grabbing gears you won’t hear POVs at all …
It was tuned at STL mustangs just outside of St. Louis

It builds boost with RPM
Wether under load or not
Soon as you let off the throttle it dumps the boost out the 2 bovs…
If driving “normal” just running it thru the gears the POVs sound just like that every time you shift if you get into the throttle any where over normal driving you don’t hear them say pshhhhh it’s more of a flutter sound
If your really into it !!! And grabbing gears you won’t hear POVs at all …
It was tuned at STL mustangs just outside of St. Louis
The reason I asked is because I am running a ecs centrifugal charger with a 50mm tial on a c7 and my car doesn’t build boost under 0 load. If it builds any boost at all under 0 load my bov is so faint it can’t really be heard. Under boost it is absolutely prevalent. Mine was tuned by hienz racing in mooresville nc.
E7A767EF-3FBC-41B1-B92B-7C4574076010.jpeg

Last edited:
Reviving this thread …
My sons are “hobbies” as well
I had poop parents and love being a father .
My boys are mini pastranas / jackass in the making
They have been riding dirt bikes since very young
The youngest started riding his PW 50 at 2.5 yrs of age !
Couldn’t use the pooper !
But could ride a dirt bike !!!!
Currently building his custom KTM 50 SX PRO SR
(Pic below is color scheme he chose ) (at 6yrs old)
Hopefully have pics of build soon
They have redamdiculous go karts .
Youngest has Haase cadet kart with 6.5 predator it GETS IT !
I enjoy watching them do things and progress.
They are all frikin animals .
Like some times scare dad
I’ll get some vids up soon !!!!

091EE139-0613-4BFB-9392-BE2E9A021E92.jpeg

9yr old on 04 KTM 50 SX pro sr

Lil man on 6.5 predator yard kart :)

Last edited:
Lil man (6yr old) on the lil blue PW 50 !!! He’s gonna be SKETCHY on his custom white KTM 50 sx pro
First time lil man rode his middle brothers KTM 50
His first experience with a power band !!!
Yes … I lol !!!

I’ll keep them coming
The oldest is stepping up to 2stroke 85
Middle son to a 2stroke 65
And as mentioned above little man to his custom powder coated KTM 50
He IS a force to be reckoned with !!!!!!
And that’s just the bikes !!!!
The oldest wants a custom kart (all built by dad of course)
With a “crotch rocket “ engine!!!!
I mean …..
I’m in !!! Lol

Last edited:
Lil man (6yr old) on the lil blue PW 50 !!! He’s gonna be SKETCHY on his custom white KTM 50 sx pro
First time lil man rode his middle brothers KTM 50
His first experience with a power band !!!
Yes … I lol !!!

I’ll keep them coming
The oldest is stepping up to 2stroke 85
Middle son to a 2stroke 65
And as mentioned above little man to his custom powder coated KTM 50
He IS a force to be reckoned with !!!!!!
And that’s just the bikes !!!!
The oldest wants a custom kart (all built by dad of course)
With a “crotch rocket “ engine!!!!
I mean …..
I’m in !!! Lol
That’s awesome! You’re gunna need deeper pockets in a few years 😂

Your not wrong !!!
This custom KTM for my lil man
Is getting RRALLY expensive…
Just to keep it real
All the dirt bikes I purchased for my boys are used !!!!
And dad buys a lil plastic tool box (per child) with the appropriate tools to change clutch oil and preform standard maintenance!!!!!!
The maintenance fairy doesn’t come to our place !!!!
Honor Roll is to be maintained!
And Respect is paramount!!!!
He can givith and he can take it a wayith!!!!! Lol
Rule #1 at the Burgandy household
Dad is always rite !
Rule #2
If you ever question rule number 1 just refer back to rule number 1 !!!!
Lol
I WILL raise 3 fine young men .

The reason I asked is because I am running a ecs centrifugal charger with a 50mm tial on a c7 and my car doesn’t build boost under 0 load. If it builds any boost at all under 0 load my bov is so faint it can’t really be heard. Under boost it is absolutely prevalent. Mine was tuned by hienz racing in mooresville nc.View attachment 210760
If you guys will pardon the indecency but...we really need a boner reaction emoji. What would that look like without it being obscene? How about a Micky Mouse watch at quarter past five?

I have a thicker axle for lil mans kart
He will do donuts till the hollow axle flexes and throws the chain
They make some retainer desks but I figured it was kind of safety in the beginning…..
Thicker axle going on kart this week for more donut action !!!!
This youngen just turned 7
And has rode this kart with a slightly hopped up 6.5 since I put it together a couple years ago
We have another kart identical to it with an 80cc 2 stroke komer engine….
It’s alright
He’s not use to staying “in the pipe” on the 2 stroke
And honestly I’m a “brave” individual and I personally Have NOT taken that 6.5 predator to it’s top speed !!!
Like not even close !!
It’s got plenty of power !!!!!!
Giggles

Audio! 3 decades. from 2 watts to 400. Had so many different systems and closets full of gear i cant part with LOL

current listening room rig is Marantz Reference, KEF Reference, Denafrips T1, Modified Rega, Arcam FMJ... I have a few thousand $ in Power Cords and another few in wire and cables alone. Room treatment. Its the equivalent of a new Corvette in my living room.

ALL Solid State Again. Ive had all the tubes. Hahah, literally. Love tubes but Digital Solid State Class-D HypeX is IT!

Then there are the Records and Digital Files... Priceless.

Ken Ishiwata's Swan Songs, Rest in Peace Ken!
That Rega TT has a Wellington Carbon arm with one-piece wire from cart to amp. GrooveTech machined sub-platters, braces and so on. Topped with a AT-OC9XSL Moving Coil Cartridge.
IMG-1135.jpg

KEF Model Fours - Hand Made British Reference Speakers. Custom installed SEAS Tweeter in the KEF Uni-Q frame.
ZCable "Black Passion" Speaker Cables, 56 insulated wires per conductor, non-parallel design to reduce the RFI/EMI.
IMG_1077.jpeg

Denafrips Terminator R-2R DAC. Hand Made in China. Hand Build Latter Chain transistors to simulate Vintage BurrBrown DAC-IC.
Only a mental patient would do this, on this scale. Hard to beat Converter for under $10k!
IMG-1169.jpg

Bedroom System - Vintage Luxman from the 70's. Alon (NOLA) Arcadia Model 2 Speakers.

IMG-9736.jpg

Last edited:
Audio! 3 decades. from 2 watts to 400. Had so many different systems and closets full of gear i cant part with LOL

current listening room rig is Marantz Reference, KEF Reference, Denafrips T1, Modified Rega, Arcam FMJ... I have a few thousand $ in Power Cords and another few in wire and cables alone. Room treatment. Its the equivalent of a new Corvette in my living room.

ALL Solid State Again. Ive had all the tubes. Hahah, literally. Love tubes but Digital Solid State Class-D HypeX is IT!

Then there are the Records and Digital Files... Priceless.

Ken Ishiwata's Swan Songs, Rest in Peace Ken!
View attachment 226452

KEF Model Fours - Hand Made British Reference Speakers.
View attachment 226453

Denafrips Terminator R-2R DAC. Hand Made in China. Hand Build Latter Chain transistors to simulate Vintage BurrBrown DAC-IC.
Only a mental patient would do this, on this scale. Hard to beat Converter for under $10k!
View attachment 226454

Bedroom System - Vintage Luxman from the 70's. Alon (NOLA) Arcadia Model 2 Speakers.

View attachment 226456
You know your audio is good when you discover new instruments in a song you've been listening for years

You know your audio is good when you discover new instruments in a song you've been listening for years

SO TRUE!
The Marantz PM-10 is SO Revealing in my system its distracting. Volume is so clean that you don't realize just how loud it is at times. And Its so over the top at times that I prefer the model below it, the PM-KI Ruby. It has more soul and body and sill you can hear a gnat fart in the studio through it. Its allot like the Mark Levinson's. I also like the Mcintosh or Luxman sound. Maybe trade a Marantz in for a Luxman this Winter. Those KEF's are Vintage 1999 - the new model that replaces them are just too expensive today at over $25k. And these Vintage reference speakers are Very good and hard to beat and hard to find, few were made. Just also Hard to own in that they are Demanding. You cant just hookup any gear to them and make them sing. But when they DO!
I mean, at times these musicians are "in the room" with me. Jimi Hendrix and Janice come over for Lunch all the time. And whole Orchestras setup in the house for me. Crazy realism and nuance that trick your brain - even just for a few seconds here and there, that its real and not recorded. Makes your spin tingle.

Pick and choose - personal choice. New Sports Car or Truck or Stereo or Boat or Plane (they cost more!) Art! My buddy buys vintage movie posters from the 20's and 30's. Some are $80k and higher! Each - A Poster!! He has millions in Art on his walls, worth more than the home by far! To each his own.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back