Arrma vs Traxxas and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like pet rocks
I like pretending that sticks are lightsabers and guns.
When you cant buy parts? Because such company was taken down because of bs by X company
WHen i said pancake i was referring to flat chasis
I know that. I was just being my off topic self.
We all have our likes and dislikes, doesn't make either of us wrong, just particular on what we want and like. It is entertaining listening to all of you though. Like which is better Ford or Chevy, Apple or Android, does the toilet paper go over the top or back behind. We all have our own likes and dislikes and it's interesting to hear people try to explain their own points of view.
Remember this trick for toilet paper. mullet = bad, beard = good. I have a meme of this on my other computer (the one which is being warrantied by a company with an actually good warranty *ahem arrma).

"Everybody has a butthole and they all stink." -Kevin Talbot
What do you think of Kevin Talbot...

They made the nero platform go extinct and thats enough for me to not like them. They killed hpi also over some bogus radio box seal also
I'm not trying to be an ass but dude stop reading the Facebook posts about this poop.

Arrma straight up copied patented designs from another company when they made the Nero that is why the Nero platform went extinct, you can't just willy nilly go around copying designs that are under a patent and then expect the patent holder to not sue you.

Traxxas didn't kill HPI HPI killed HPI they were already on the way to file bankruptcy long before they were ever sued same goes for Hobbico, too much mismanagement of their finances. Too much of the upper management giving themselves bonuses for doing nothing.

Last edited:
Arrma didn't invent the truggy. All they did was make it popular for bashers. All 1/8th scale truggies are going to have a similar look/style to each other. Name one thing that arrma truggies have, that no other stock pre-arrma truggies had. I have yet to see arrma take the truggy platform and change it enough to call any other truggies with similar designs copies. Traxxas realized that the 6s truggy had a lot of money in it. Of course, they tried to profit off of the market. In business, that is the best way to make a profit.
As far as your comment about the e-revo, the e-revo is limited to 1/8th because of weak parts and high complexity. I have never heard anybody say the e-revo is their most durable rc car. It has too many weak points.

This post has been removed for legal reasons. :ROFLMAO: -Not the traxxas legal department:poop:
A poopy servo saver and the dumbest wing mount design I have ever seen.

And my short haired, thin coated Catahoula, wears a hoodie during the winter.

Traxxas has brought a lot of new people into the hobby. Outside of that I see no value in most of their products. Lots of plastic, hard to work on, and phony electronics. Those vxl systems are the pits. Just reminds me that we complain about spektrum stuff……light years better than the TRX stuff. Got rid of my last trx a couple months ago.
My Rustler, Stampede and Bandit 2wd are seriously the easiest rc cars to work on that I own. I could rebuild all 3 of them 10 times over in the amount of time it takes to rebuild 1 of my Arrmas.
The nero is a big deal because its was a complete new platform from A to Z it didnt have a change to grow. The nero gang was small at the time and the brand too. Now we are stuck with pankake chassis With reshells of typhons/kraton/infraction. In a smaller scale and big scale. The mojave was a nice addition to almost a complete new truck but not a new line.
The Nero was not really a completely new platform, they literally took all the designs from the Savage and Revo and combined them into 1 truck. Nothign original about a twin vertical plate chassis, nothing original about an rc car with laydown shocks either.

And about the Traxxas saying that people would mistake the Nero for a Revo of course they are going to say that. Have you ever followed any patent infringement lawsuit for anything? They all say that as part of their lawsuit filings.

Last edited:
Didn't mean to start a fight.🤷‍♂️🤐
We just play’n. it’s all love on here.
And my short haired, thin coated Catahoula, wears a hoodie during the winter.
we have a be
A poopy servo saver and the dumbest wing mount design I have ever seen.
🤣 I said that because we have a basenji and they have no undercoat so my wife feels bad for the 🐩 in the winter (we live in Arizona) so it gets maybe low 30’s at night (dogs a indoor dog) wife still puts dog in a jacket

🧐 sheeeit… toilet paper goes over the top, everybody knows that!

In case anyone was wondering this is the original patent filing for a roll of toilet paper.

1675995756771.png

I'm not trying to be an ass but dude stop reading the Facebook posts about this poop.

Arrma straight up copied patented designs from another company when they made the Nero that is why the Nero platform went extinct, you can't just willy nilly go around copying designs that are under a patent and then expect the patent holder to not sue you.

Traxxas didn't kill HPI HPI killed HPI they were already on the way to file bankruptcy long before they were ever sued same goes for Hobbico, too much mismanagement of their finances. Too much of the upper management giving themselves bonuses for doing nothing.
Because the radio box looked too similar to the ones traxxas made? or the seal dimention has a similar shape and dimention? Ima pattent a rectangle se i want to own the rectangle and anyone making a similar shape should come to me for approval? If arrma releases a new nero with no infringements on patents they are going to be sued non the less. Traxxas does not own the F1 suspension either

Even my hobbyshop doesn't understand why theres still suspension oarts for the nero when the whole lawsuit was mostly because of the lay down suspension. He seems to know a lot more about rc he races and is all on this legal stuff. He told me the suspension parts once they sell the remaining parts you wont be able to get them again. I domt believe that is true personally. The groups i am on facebook do not talk about traxxas bad and stuff
When i say a new platform im talking about a new arrma line that doesn't use any parts of their current 6s line. Arrma would have 2 line sof 6s trucks the nero branch and the kraton branch. Right now they have one branch of 3s trucks one branch of 6s trucks and one branch of 8s trucks.

I like true diversity. After owning 2 6s trucks they are the same trucks just behave slightly differently. Thats why even if the nero i now own sucks its something special and out of the norm that arrma currently offers, i know theres nothing special about TVP plates. The innovation has it it limit almost in rc now its usings the current and pass innovation and create unique products.

Arrma has not a monster truck line they are all buggies truggies and aka Muggies. You can make a HIgh Center of gravity chassis and make it handle great. I want to see something other than a pancake chassis with different arms and body shells. 8 years of almost the same thing it gets a bit boring. Their lines exept the 8s line are almost at their peak of their performance. They should bring back the raider in some way same for the nero with TVP

Last edited:
Because the radio box looked too similar to the ones traxxas made? or the seal dimention has a similar shape and dimention? Ima pattent a rectangle se i want to own the rectangle and anyone making a similar shape should come to me for approval? If arrma releases a new nero with no infringements on patents they are going to be sued non the less. Traxxas does not own the F1 suspension either

Even my hobbyshop doesn't understand why theres still suspension oarts for the nero when the whole lawsuit was mostly because of the lay down suspension. He seems to know a lot more about rc he races and is all on this legal stuff. He told me the suspension parts once they sell the remaining parts you wont be able to get them again. I domt believe that is true personally. The groups i am on facebook do not talk about traxxas bad and stuff

No because they straight up copied Traxxas' patented design for a waterproof receiver box https://patents.google.com/patent/US8315040B2/en

If they released a new Nero with no infringements on patents there is no grounds for a lawsuit so no they would not get sued again.

Of course Traxxas doesn't hold a patent for the F1 suspension, their patent specifically states the vehicle mounted spring and shock assembly https://patents.google.com/patent/USD567886S1/en

The whole lawsuit was not mostly because of the laydown suspension, it isn't even the first thing listed under the lawsuit filing. They also copied the Integrated Center Point Steering Mechanism For A Model Vehicle https://patents.google.com/patent/US7793951B2/en Arrma copied this to a T they just changed the size of the parts so they weren't exactly the same and the Protective Enclosure For Model Vehicle https://patents.google.com/patent/US8315040B2/en which was in laterally every Arrma vehicle at the time and every single Arrma vehicle is listed in the lawsuit filing not just the Nero.

If they indeed bring TVP back ima be pissed if the parts are not compatible. But at least i can admire them making soMething new Other than a reshell with 80% recycled parts
No because they straight up copied Traxxas' patented design for a waterproof receiver box https://patents.google.com/patent/US8315040B2/en

If they released a new Nero with no infringements on patents there is no grounds for a lawsuit so no they would not get sued again.

Of course Traxxas doesn't hold a patent for the F1 suspension, their patent specifically states the vehicle mounted coil spring assembly https://patents.google.com/patent/USD567886S1/en

The whole lawsuit was not mostly because of the laydown suspension, it isn't even the first thing listed under the lawsuit filing. They also copied the Integrated Center Point Steering Mechanism For A Model Vehicle https://patents.google.com/patent/US7793951B2/en Arrma copied this to a T they just changed the size of the parts so they weren't exactly the same and the Protective Enclosure For Model Vehicle https://patents.google.com/patent/US8315040B2/en which was in laterally every Arrma vehicle at the time and every single Arrma vehicle is listed in the lawsuit filing not just the Nero.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US7793951B2/en it doesn't look like the nero radio box at all. Its 2 parts the traxxas radio box has 3 parts. might be wrong but when i took mine apart its 2 parts. Also the steering assembly was also violated? That part is discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back