Do you actually use all your RC's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always had an RC something my whole life but never more than 1or 2 at a time. You guys that have 10, 20, 25.....do you actually use them all and how often? Those quantities blow my mind!
I used to have 6 at one point. But Nah… the crawler was for winter time only. The rest yeah… now that I’m down to two speed runners. Sometimes both are ran same day.

I have 9. I'm about to retire the old 1/10 HPI touring car I have because I can't get parts for it anymore....the rear diff is falling apart and the chassis has a couple cracks in it. It'll be a shelf queen, because carbon fiber.
The JRXT limited edition will be very limited indoor use and a shelf queen....I got it for novelty.
The other 7 I will be using and have used accordingly, how the conditions apply. For example, my Limitless is my speed run car. When the conditions are good for speed running, I'll use that. My 2 crawlers I can take to the trails pretty much any time and use. My traxxas sledge I take out whenever I feel like bashing or thrashing. My DBXL-E goes with me to the dirt pit, which is only 10 minutes away. My traxxas revo I'm waiting til the summer to use. The engine doesn't seem to like cold weather. My TLR Typhon i just got will be my race buggy and I plan to start racing this year. But I'll probably use it if I just want to rip around too.
Did I miss any?

My current inventory :
Stampede 4x4 VXL
Xmaxx
UDR
Mojave V2 RTR
Mojave EXB ( new in box )
Senton 6s V3 ( new in box )
Senton 6s V3 pretty much new , roller now
Senton 6s converted from TLR Typhon
K8S EXB (new in box with electronics installed , never ran )
Fireteam ( new in box )
Talion V4 , now a roller
Losi SBR 2.0 , currently for sale
Losi SCTE 3.0 , race use
AE SC6.1 , race use
Xray SCX , race use

last bashers used were the Talion and Xmaxx back in Oct 22 , TLR Senton 6s in May 22 , all others haven't been used since 21 . I use the race vehicles more .

I got around 8 I think, 2 are old Tamiya's that were given to me, they don't work so they are just shelf queens, I have 4 speed run cars (I wish they all worked) 1 is retired 2 are in the building phase and the last one works, I just ran it tonight. I have 3 bashers my slash I use a lot, it is always ready to go and takes a beating. The 6S Emaxx I don't use much and I kind of would like to sell it and my stampede is just a brushed 2wd and that is if I want to run RCs with friends and or family that does not have one, that truck I have never broken since it goes 20mph and I have RMP arms and metal shock caps that I installed when I got it. So that comes out to 9 (well I have one other one that was my 1st hobby grade that is a roller at this point since I could not get parts for it and I used the electronics and tires on the stampede) so 10 all together (I did not know I had that many lol) Right now 4 run, the 3 bashers and the 1/7 road car.

I've always had an RC something my whole life but never more than 1or 2 at a time. You guys that have 10, 20, 25.....do you actually use them all and how often? Those quantities blow my mind!

"Use" is a very broad term...
It's like asking Jay Leno does he use all his vehicles in his collection / garage..

I have several RCs for many different venues, weather types, bashing types, goals. Currently have 6.

Every RC of mine has a purpose. Bashing in the rain (wet and will need lots of repair or easy maintenance), bashing at the skatepark (needs to take severe abuse), big jumps and sending it, grass and fields, speed running, street bashing, going to the track. Currently most of my RCs are "dual purpose ". I would love to add some more "granularity" to my list in the future if you catch my drift ;)

If I don't have a use for an RC, and I find myself not driving it for a while, I'll sell it to make room and money for another one I would drive. And i have done that before.

"Use" is a very broad term...
It's like asking Jay Leno does he use all his vehicles in his collection / garage..
Indeed, let me clarify. Install battery, nitro fuel, gas, or rubber band and propel said RC in a forward motion, utilizing the charged battery in the apparatus to motivate the motor.

7 is the most ive had at one time. I'm down to 4. I sell what I don't use. I'm starting to build my rigs for particular purposes. Granite for skatepark, Kraton for dirt/bmx park, Mini t 2.0 for garage/driveway bash and TLR Typhon as a speed runner.

**Edit**

^^Exactly what @Hector_Fisher just said. Lol

Last edited:
I use all my rigs in different ways. I’m in to kratons if you can’t tell.

Kraton EXB beefcake (shelf queen parades)
Kraton EXB (sons)
Kraton EXB (jump rig M2C’d out)
Kraton EXB XL( M2C’d out all around rig)
Kraton EXB XL (being build now)
Kraton EXB (new in box) future build
Fireteam (M2C’d out all around rig)
Fireteam (new in box) future build
3 infractions (sons)(my basher)(speed rig)
Tekno short course truck
Axial wraith crawler (from 2009)
3 axial 1/24 rigs

My current inventory :
Stampede 4x4 VXL
Xmaxx
UDR
Mojave V2 RTR
Mojave EXB ( new in box )
Senton 6s V3 ( new in box )
Senton 6s V3 pretty much new , roller now
Senton 6s converted from TLR Typhon
K8S EXB (new in box with electronics installed , never ran )
Fireteam ( new in box )
Talion V4 , now a roller
Losi SBR 2.0 , currently for sale
Losi SCTE 3.0 , race use
AE SC6.1 , race use
Xray SCX , race use

last bashers used were the Talion and Xmaxx back in Oct 22 , TLR Senton 6s in May 22 , all others haven't been used since 21 . I use the race vehicles more .
Even more impressive is you have 4 in box still!!! I would absolutely have to run them.
I use all my rigs in different ways. I’m in to kratons if you can’t tell.

Kraton EXB beefcake (shelf queen parades)
Kraton EXB (sons)
Kraton EXB (jump rig M2C’d out)
Kraton EXB XL( M2C’d out all around rig)
Kraton EXB XL (being build now)
Kraton EXB (new in box) future build
Fireteam (M2C’d out all around rig)
Fireteam (new in box) future build
3 infractions (sons)(my basher)(speed rig)
Tekno short course truck
Axial wraith crawler (from 2009)
3 axial 1/24 rigs
12 rigs....slipped in past wifey, 3 at a time! ;)

Last edited:
I try to run or wrench on em all, it takes effort tho that's for sure. There's never a time I'm not upgrading or swapping around at least one or up to a few at a time. I definitely slack on other parts of my life to have the time, and I'm not proud of that but life is still good. It's all just a balancing act.

Getting High Smoking Pot GIF by Cappa Video Productions

Even more impressive is you have 4 in box still!!! I would absolutely have to run them.

12 rigs....slipped in past wifey, 3 at a time! ;)

Like a BOSS!

1678507931428.png

Don't they all have awesome nicknames? :ROFLMAO:

I've spent way too much money and I'm currently on timeout after the TC Asuga. I seriously don't even have anywhere else to put another rig at this point. A lot of these rigs definitely overlap each other if I'm being honest. I debated posting this pic because I didn't want people to think I was trying to brag or something. In actuality, Looking at this list has depressed me, I have a serious problem. :cry:

At least I do use most of them and having a small youtube chan definitely helps with that because no one wants to see the same rig all the time. Some for sure get used more than others though. I went months without driving the outcast or kraton 6s. If you told me I had to get rid of 5 of them I'd still struggle to decide. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 284487

I've spent way too much money and I'm currently on timeout after the TC Asuga. I seriously don't even have anywhere else to put another rig at this point. A lot of these rigs definitely overlap each other if I'm being honest. I debated posting this pic because I didn't want people to think I was trying to brag or something. In actuality, Looking at this list has depressed me, I have a serious problem. :cry:

At least I do use most of them and having a small youtube chan definitely helps with that because no one wants to see the same rig all the time. Some for sure get used more than others though. I went months without driving the outcast or kraton 6s. If you told me I had to get rid of 5 of them I'd still struggle to decide. :ROFLMAO:

Look how organized You are!
That's not bragging.

View attachment 284487

Nice list.

Nice list.

Like an Accountant. 😁

Actually, have y'all seen the movie "The Accountant" Ben Affleck?
It's actually an entertaining flick.

Look how organized You are!
That's not bragging.
The wifey was nice enough to setup that google doc for me. Mainly for the pinion/spur info because I was LOST trying to remember everything for every single rig. Before that I was trying to count teeth without removing the pinions :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back