Limitless Edough's RC Limitless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good catch on the bearing! That could have been catastrophic if not caught 🤯
Definitely glad I noticed, would have been super sh!tty first pass with the XLX2 something to happen. She's all good to go now though just need the series connector I ordered for an 8s pass so be a maiden pass on just 6s with the 1260kv. Expecting about 110mph as tallest pinion I have is 34t with 29t spool unfortunately.

Definitely glad I noticed, would have been super sh!tty first pass with the XLX2 something to happen. She's all good to go now though just need the series connector I ordered for an 8s pass so be a maiden pass on just 6s with the 1260kv. Expecting about 110mph as tallest pinion I have is 34t with 29t spool unfortunately.
Last thing you need is a driveshaft going ape sh!t

Last thing you need is a driveshaft going ape sh!t
And AGAIN none the less 😅 at least now with the setup it wouldn't kill my motor and the ESC is shielded by the brace mount 🤓

And AGAIN none the less 😅 at least now with the setup it wouldn't kill my motor and the ESC is shielded by the brace mount 🤓
Yep that ESC mount looks bad ass too 🤘

Yep that ESC mount looks bad ass too 🤘
Thanks again for dropping the link👊 I contacted the sellers on two or three others like it and none seemed they would work with the stock body. Even this one I had to raise the rear posts a bit but thinking I should still be ok. Just adds more rake to the body so I'd figure a bit more down force would be the result. I'll find out tomorrow as I have like 2mph winds 😁

Thanks again for dropping the link👊 I contacted the sellers on two or three others like it and none seemed they would work with the stock body. Even this one I had to raise the rear posts a bit but thinking I should still be ok. Just adds more rake to the body so I'd figure a bit more down force would be the result. I'll find out tomorrow as I have like 2mph winds 😁
I got 2-4mph depending on how early I get out 🤘🏻

1BA18A07-26A2-4F39-BFA1-E439590DE4FE.png

Got the Limitless put back together from stripping it down yesterday. Put stock chassis braces back in as they seem to have better clearance for the Scorched shafts and to eliminate possible rubbing and anything that hinders the shafts spinning smoothly. Also put some tubing in the cups to tighten up the center shafts again to help stop extra vibration and allow them to turn as smooth as possible without rocking back and forth loosely in the cups. New bearings on spool also went to 34t instead of the 29t new rear input bearings also. Going to recalibrate throttle again just to scratch that off the list of possibilities. My new replacement 1717 1650kv will be here anytime so get 8mm bullets soldered on it for the XLX2 and should be good to go.
IMG_20210812_112448522.jpg
IMG_20210812_112503872.jpg
IMG_20210812_112433572.jpg

Got the 1717 1650kv 8mm bullets soldered up and some wire covering for the leads installed in the Limitless. Now to see how it runs, going to make some 6s PB pushes to start then go for an 8s pass and hope I don't get the de-sync issue again. Geared at 34/34 to start see if I can break 127+mph for a new 6s PB.
IMG_20210812_135738528.jpg

Well first pass with the 1717 1650kv went great😁 ran a 6s pass at 120mph with no issue at all. So be gearing up and going for a new PB on 6s here soon, just be shooting for anything above 126mph as that's my current 6s PB
Screenshot_20210814-104428.png

Log from today's pass, odd there's a dip about 1/3 into the pass so going to adjust Perfect Pass and recalibrate again. Otherwise was great 4.8v sag, only .64v ripple and also only 280A on a 120mph 6s pull with the XLX2 and 1717 1650kv👍
IMG_20210814_144545587.jpg

Ok so finally got back to the upper 130's today😍 Little disappointed couldn't pull a PB but pass was rough as I was all over the road. Also after inspection rear input bearing gave again so definitely time for a Pinocchio spool as I'm thinking that's been part of my problem is the long rear shaft just having too much vibration and movement. Happy with today's results though as only got 2 sec full throttle and was all over so definitely potential for 140 next pass out on a longer clean pass. Think I'm going to hold off running until I can get the new spool and shorter rear driveshaft and also will need to replace rear gearbox I believe.
Screenshot_20210824-100017.png
GOPR0262_1629826474518.JPG
IMG_20210824_104505286_BURST000_COVER.jpg

The ash does make it a bit slick, I noticed with my Typhon just parking lot bashing, can't imagine speed runs.

Last edited:
Ok so after diving deeper into my build and going back in my passes etc. noticed the Scorched shafts were added and then started having the "de-sync" issue. So hoping all along my issue has in fact been running the stock length titanium Scorched center driveshafts as also have noticed some issues and damage after recent passes from the driveshafts. Disappointed as last 3 months of headache and frustration could have possibly been taken care of if I'd have just looked deeper and changed out my driveshafts possibly. Not saying for sure this is the main issue but at this point it's about all that hasn't been changed or replaced as have had damage due to the shafts bad vibration and movement recently so 90% sure this is in fact the issue. Ordered a custom CF and steel Pinocchio spool to replace the Scorched shafts and really thinking this should have huge improvement in my system running smoother and getting some new PB's soon and more importantly stopping the damn "de-syncing"!!
Screenshot_20210825-095600.png

Here's the video of my last pass running the Scorched shafts and will be the last pass with the scorched shafts. As you'll see road was way dusty/ash covered so did not get an ideal pass in and let off with only 2 sec full throttle or think it would have been a PB damnit! Hopefully the new spool should help tremendously but need to get a clear and calm day to run and see.

Here's the video of my last pass running the Scorched shafts and will be the last pass with the scorched shafts. As you'll see road was way dusty/ash covered so did not get an ideal pass in and let off with only 2 sec full throttle or think it would have been a PB damnit! Hopefully the new spool should help tremendously but need to get a clear and calm day to run and see.
Could you explain what you mean by De-syncing issue ? I unfortunately don't know what that means in the context that you are using it. Thanks.

Could you explain what you mean by De-syncing issue ? I unfortunately don't know what that means in the context that you are using it. Thanks.
It's hard to describe but I'll try, so the motor will cut out in a sense and not keep climbing in rpms and stay in sync with the ESC. If you watch my previous 8s passes you'll hear the motor climbing in rpms then right at or just after full throttle it almost sounds like it bogs or cuts out and doesn't keep that high pitch sound as it is not staying in sync with what the ESC is telling it to do. @rotauq may be able to describe it better as he's who told me that's what the issue is. Here is a good example of it happening if you listen you can clearly hear when it happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back