Limitless Edough's RC Limitless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New 63mm Basherqueen side skirts came in today from Kimberly for the Limitless. As always perfect fitment and amazing quality, and an absolute perfect fit with the Delta Plastiks Toyota GT one body. Now have to figure out securing the rears of the skirts as I removed the outsides of the battery trays for the wider CNHL G+ packs. Also still have to figure out the placement for the XLX2 as the center mount I was running won't work with the new body. May try and make some thin brackets that will attach to the chassis and side skirts and also a plate that sits on top of the center diff cover for the XLX2 to be mounted on. Appreciate any ideas and suggestions if you have any! Definitely will be a while before I can run again with being winter so plenty of time to get it figured out atleast.
20211230_182044.jpg
20211230_182237.jpg

So finally got my can of white to finish backing the front and finish the painting after an 18 day wait🤦 Today finished getting decals added to the body and of course will probably add a few more. Now just have to decide on layout of the XLX2 and decide on side skirts/battery tray. Also have to decide if I'm going to leave the 1717 1650kv or go to the new 1721 2400kv or the 2028 1100kv over winter. Have plenty of time which is nice but absolutely love how it turned out and can't wait to start running the new GT body🤘🏼View attachment 183350View attachment 183351View attachment 183352View attachment 183353
That paint job looks absolutely sick bro! Great job on it. Colors are bad a$$!
Just showed my son the body and car he's drooling🤤 . He told me to text you and ask you to send it to him haha. Great job brother!

That paint job looks absolutely sick bro! Great job on it. Colors are bad a$$!
Just showed my son the body and car he's drooling🤤 . He told me to text you and ask you to send it to him haha. Great job brother!
Thanks bro! I'm definitely happy how it turned out and can't wait to be able to send it again. Be a good long while though as we got a good foot of snow on the ground still and more coming next week.

New 63mm Basherqueen side skirts came in today from Kimberly for the Limitless. As always perfect fitment and amazing quality, and an absolute perfect fit with the Delta Plastiks Toyota GT one body. Now have to figure out securing the rears of the skirts as I removed the outsides of the battery trays for the wider CNHL G+ packs. Also still have to figure out the placement for the XLX2 as the center mount I was running won't work with the new body. May try and make some thin brackets that will attach to the chassis and side skirts and also a plate that sits on top of the center diff cover for the XLX2 to be mounted on. Appreciate any ideas and suggestions if you have any! Definitely will be a while before I can run again with being winter so plenty of time to get it figured out atleast. View attachment 189410View attachment 189413
why not put it between the radio box and the battery tray?

why not put it between the radio box and the battery tray?
That is one option I'm considering also and have already cut away the ESC tray from an extra I had so it will fit. It is really tight though with the GT one body the XLX2 sits up against the body on that side. Also considering the 2028 1100kv or the 1721 2400kv for next season so again not sure yet on placement for everything.

That is one option I'm considering also and have already cut away the ESC tray from an extra I had so it will fit. It is really tight though with the GT one body the XLX2 sits up against the body on that side. Also considering the 2028 1100kv or the 1721 2400kv for next season so again not sure yet on placement for everything.
I don't know much about those 2 motors but I would use the 1721 2400kv. The only problem I could see coming would heat but you have those SanACE fans so shouldn't be too bad. isn't the 1721 the new motor that raz hit like 191 with?

I don't know much about those 2 motors but I would use the 1721 2400kv. The only problem I could see coming would heat but you have those SanACE fans so shouldn't be too bad. isn't the 1721 the new motor that raz hit like 191 with?
I'm leaning twords the 1721 but also the low breaking power worries me as even with the 1717 I have almost ran out of room on the big end breaking. Also want to see more use and testing to see how it hold up and does as it's soo new. 1100kv has been tried and tested a long time but also has its limits so again just not quite sure yet. And ya definitely not worried about heat highest temps I've seen even at 145 is barely over 100° with the 1717 and XLX2.

Ok so she's finally done and ready to go for this season. Pretty much same setup as last year, XLX2 and 1717 1650kv to start with anyways then will more than likely go to the 1721 2400kv. Will be running GT this year with fresh new Banana skins.
20220325_011949.jpg
20220325_012225.jpg

First test passes went great even in the wind. Even more awesome was the old man that stopped and wanted to watch. His reaction was priceless as the car was approaching us about 80mph you just hear him say "Holy $hit" 🤣😍 made my whole day. Next passes will be 6s maybe even a couple 6s parallel passes to see what gain running parallel packs gives. Anyways here's a short of the second pass with the old man's reaction. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbqUQ8tlsli/?utm_medium=copy_link

First test passes went great even in the wind. Even more awesome was the old man that stopped and wanted to watch. His reaction was priceless as the car was approaching us about 80mph you just hear him say "Holy $hit" 🤣😍 made my whole day. Next passes will be 6s maybe even a couple 6s parallel passes to see what gain running parallel packs gives. Anyways here's a short of the second pass with the old man's reaction. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbqUQ8tlsli/?utm_medium=copy_link
Awesome. Car looks good. First time out with my Limitless I ran 111mph. These two kids (I say kids, in their 20’s) drove by from out of town and pulled over because they saw my shakedown run. Then when it hit 111 they were flipping out and couldn’t believe it. Lots of colorful language. I told them check out YouTube to see what guys have been at it for awhile were running. Lol

Awesome. Car looks good. First time out with my Limitless I ran 111mph. These two kids (I say kids, in their 20’s) drove by from out of town and pulled over because they saw my shakedown run. Then when it hit 111 they were flipping out and couldn’t believe it. Lots of colorful language. I told them check out YouTube to see what guys have been at it for awhile we’re running. Lol
Thanks bro! Ya I'd have ran a faster 6s pass in the low 120's but it was windy. I just wanted to make sure she was still running on rails and everything ran smoothly. All went well so be starting the PB climb before too long🤘🏼

Thanks bro! Ya I'd have ran a faster 6s pass in the low 120's but it was windy. I just wanted to make sure she was still running on rails and everything ran smoothly. All went well so be starting the PB climb before too long🤘🏼
Good luck! I’m hoping to be in the 140’s within the next few weeks.

Good luck! I’m hoping to be in the 140’s within the next few weeks.
Good luck to you as well! I'll be hopefully picking up from my 145mph PB from last year🤞🏼

Had a good day with low wind so got the Limitless out for a 6s test pass. Was thinking 124 to 125mph and sure enough hit 125mph so happy with the pass for sure. Also to note I had the front end scraping (picture below) during the pass due to the downforce running the GT body so could have ran a couple mph's more for sure. Very happy though to see such hard downforce as that's going to help prevent blow overs with my goal of 160+ this year. Going to make some adjustments to the front shocks so they are not squatting from the downforce but otherwise shes tits👌🏼 I'll probably run another 6s test pass to make sure the front doesn't squat then it's on to 8s for some new PB's 🤘🏼 Going to try and get video edited up and posted later of the pass but couldn't be happier to get back out for sure!
Screenshot_20220504-110858_GNSS PA.jpg

Splitter was scraping pretty bad for sure as you can see here
20220504_134329.jpg

Log from today's pass, everything looks great just a bit more sag than I'd like but not horrible.
20220504_121058.jpg

Had a good day with low wind so got the Limitless out for a 6s test pass. Was thinking 124 to 125mph and sure enough hit 125mph so happy with the pass for sure. Also to note I had the front end scraping (picture below) during the pass due to the downforce running the GT body so could have ran a couple mph's more for sure. Very happy though to see such hard downforce as that's going to help prevent blow overs with my goal of 160+ this year. Going to make some adjustments to the front shocks so they are not squatting from the downforce but otherwise shes tits👌🏼 I'll probably run another 6s test pass to make sure the front doesn't squat then it's on to 8s for some new PB's 🤘🏼 Going to try and get video edited up and posted later of the pass but couldn't be happier to get back out for sure!View attachment 215567
Splitter was scraping pretty bad for sure as you can see hereView attachment 215569
Log from today's pass, everything looks great just a bit more sag than I'd like but not horrible. View attachment 215568
Wait wait wait. So now I have to try to hit 160 this year? Man!!!!What happened to the one fiddies?!?!?!?! Best Wishes! I'm gonna break out my ride this weekend if the weather holds. I gotta take a break from aircraft before I go broke.

Wait wait wait. So now I have to try to hit 160 this year? Man!!!!What happened to the one fiddies?!?!?!?! Best Wishes! I'm gonna break out my ride this weekend if the weather holds. I gotta take a break from aircraft before I go broke.
Lol well one fiddies will be first goal but overall I'd really like to push up to 160 or higher this season. I mean I started last year speed running at 64mph and ended at 145 so I don't think another 15mph this year is aiming too high lol. Well good luck if your able to get out man, keep it planted and on the pavement👍🏼

Had a good day with low wind so got the Limitless out for a 6s test pass. Was thinking 124 to 125mph and sure enough hit 125mph so happy with the pass for sure. Also to note I had the front end scraping (picture below) during the pass due to the downforce running the GT body so could have ran a couple mph's more for sure. Very happy though to see such hard downforce as that's going to help prevent blow overs with my goal of 160+ this year. Going to make some adjustments to the front shocks so they are not squatting from the downforce but otherwise shes tits👌🏼 I'll probably run another 6s test pass to make sure the front doesn't squat then it's on to 8s for some new PB's 🤘🏼 Going to try and get video edited up and posted later of the pass but couldn't be happier to get back out for sure!View attachment 215567
Splitter was scraping pretty bad for sure as you can see hereView attachment 215569
Log from today's pass, everything looks great just a bit more sag than I'd like but not horrible. View attachment 215568
Are you running the stock springs? I bought the stiffer springs from Saga. Loosened up the collar since they were so stiff until I could find the sweet spot. I'm able to get it pretty low in the front without scraping during a run. Take that with a grain of salt since I crashed last time out (not suspension related..lol). But it was running great for a few passes suspension wise.

Today's pass
Are you running the stock springs? I bought the stiffer springs from Saga. Loosened up the collar since they were so stiff until I could find the sweet spot. I'm able to get it pretty low in the front without scraping during a run. Take that with a grain of salt since I crashed last time out (not suspension related..lol). But it was running great for a few passes suspension wise.
Ya just stock springs cranked most of the way down which was perfect for open wheel last season. Now with the GT body I'm getting a lot of front downforce so I've got to either crank them all the way down or I may just put some stops on the shafts so they don't travel at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back