Limitless Edough's RC Limitless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s come a long way since it’s first 102mph pass! Crazy. You’re about to hit the 150 club soon!
Thanks bro! Ya your telling me lol I started in January at a whopping 64mph with my SWB basically stock Typhon. Planned to never go above 120mph 🤣 but we see how that went. Got hooked worse than a heroin junky to speed running especially after getting the Limitless and rest is history! Not bad though first year running and 145mph club with open wheel so far😎🏎💨

Dude, that’s the bomb!!! I am trying my hardest to not get sucked into speed passes or drag racing…. LMAO

But you guys just keep sucking me back in!!

Way to go!!! 150 I’m sure will be your next pass…
darkside.jpg

OK so got my Perfect Pass adjusted back down on the delay so should get a good 3-4 seconds at 100% next pass instead of barely 1🤦 going to try and run in the morning tomorrow and see how much the shorter delay helps. Hoping a few mph more and would be absolutely elated to see that 150 mark especially as it's my daughter's birthday tomorrow😍 Also Kenny at RC on a budget reached out to me today and is going to send me some ceramic bearings for my spools so have to see if that adds any improvement after they are installed. Hoping being a week day and I'll be out a bit earlier shouldn't have the traffic issues like last pass. Sucks as temps will only be in the 40's which is a bit colder than I'd like. I'll be starting back to work Sunday so runs will be harder to get in for a few weeks until I go to swing shifts so I gotta run if I'm able to. Wish me luck everyone🤞🏼 I'll post the results in the AM👍🏼
Screenshot_20211014-214842_Messenger.jpg

OK so got my Perfect Pass adjusted back down on the delay so should get a good 3-4 seconds at 100% next pass instead of barely 1🤦 going to try and run in the morning tomorrow and see how much the shorter delay helps. Hoping a few mph more and would be absolutely elated to see that 150 mark especially as it's my daughter's birthday tomorrow😍 Also Kenny at RC on a budget reached out to me today and is going to send me some ceramic bearings for my spools so have to see if that adds any improvement after they are installed. Hoping being a week day and I'll be out a bit earlier shouldn't have the traffic issues like last pass. Sucks as temps will only be in the 40's which is a bit colder than I'd like. I'll be starting back to work Sunday so runs will be harder to get in for a few weeks until I go to swing shifts so I gotta run if I'm able to. Wish me luck everyone🤞🏼 I'll post the results in the AM👍🏼View attachment 174180
I just got a set of the orange Boca bearings for my spool too. Not cheap.

I just got a set of the orange Boca bearings for my spool too. Not cheap.
Nice, ya Boca definitely are some spendy bearings for sure. What did the orange run like $25 a bearing?

Well no dice today on a PB unfortunately but another two 140+ passes under my belt. Limitless ran great, stayed on the road and came home in one piece so can't complain one bit. First pass got a bad start and got on it late pulled 142, second pass was better but as log shows again not the best start and lower voltage so pulled a 144. Need to start bringing tools as I'm having to guess on the PP delay and not able to adjust before another pass like I need to. More sag than I want for sure so will try the 9500's next passes and see if there's much difference over the G+ 6000's.
Screenshot_20211015-114422_GNSS PA.jpg
second pass didn't drive back as had one of my wife's riding lesson parents stop and pick it up while I was waiting for traffic to go by before driving it back to me even though it was out of the way he wasn't sure if I lost range as he does RC as well lol.
Screenshot_20211015-111130_GNSS PA.jpg
20211015_121720.jpg

Got tired of all the extra wire and fighting getting the wires to sit just right to get the body on so soldered up series plugs off the XLX2. Should also help with less resistance with a lot less wire length and the extra connection using the series harness I've been running. Now I need to solder up a QS8 loop for 6s passes or 4s passes.
20211015_210447.jpg

You mentioned 40F temps. Keep the lipos warmer than 40F if you can.
Lipo Performance will take a hit at lower temps.
Ya I will probably start trying to do that as today was about 48° and I just get everything strapped in and ready before I leave my house never have done the whole warming thing. Lol thought about putting some hand warmers on them which would work for the short drive from the house as I don't have a heating pad or anything either. Will be a lot easier now also getting rid of the extra wiring as I had to get everything in there just right to get the body on and why I did it before heading out.

Sometimes I put my rig or lipos in the front of the car with the heater on high for my drive over. They will be warm enough for the first few passes. No issues.

Sometimes I put my rig or lipos in the front of the car with the heater on high for my drive over. They will be warm enough for the first few passes. No issues.
Lol ya Lim won't fit in my front seat of the Dart. I'd have to just put the lipos on the dash by the windshield and turn on the defroster 😂 been thinking about it just haven't bothered as I don't feel I'm to the point I need to do everything possible to gain that one more mph yet. Nothing against the guys that warm there packs cough @jondilly1974 cough😂 just haven't felt it's necessary is all. Like I said hopefully loosing a ton of extra wire length and now a direct connection to the ESC should help some as well. Also going to take Raz's advice to me and gear up some more for next pass also and see how it goes👍

+1 on warming the LiPos (110-120 F is a sweet spot for performance and safety) Also you may want to look into insulating them. They will shed that heat very fast once in the car.

Also remember that cooler temps = more dense air (AKA more aerodynamic drag). The car would have gone faster with 70-80 F. ambient temps.

Got the new spool bearings Kenny sent me today. Any special care or oil needed with the ceramic hybrids? Never ran any so not sure and would like to make sure I don't destroy them quick especially running 140+
20211018_173528.jpg

Got the new spool bearings Kenny sent me today. Any special care or oil needed with the ceramic hybrids? Never ran any so not sure and would like to make sure I don't destroy them quick especially running 140+View attachment 174919
Did they send you oiled or greased bearings? Pull off a seal and check if you’re unsure. If they’re greased, I would clean and oil them instead. If they’re oiled, they should be good for life. At least that’s what Boca says.

Did they send you oiled or greased bearings? Pull off a seal and check if you’re unsure. If they’re greased, I would clean and oil them instead. If they’re oiled, they should be good for life. At least that’s what Boca says.
I'll check when I get home from work but they seemed pretty dry to me so I'll clean and oil them up thanks!

Gone Bananas Racing Skinz came in today and man do I love the orange disk wheels🤩😍 The foam seems a bit harder compared to the BSR purples I've been running and is rougher/not as smooth as the BSR's. Wear on my BSRs is almost nothing so hoping it's the same with the new Gone Bananas Racing Skinz and they handle the same🤞🏼 first pass will be a 6s parallel run which should be a new 6s PB at 127+ to see how they feel and run. Have the next couple days off but getting rain so no go tell maybe next week or Sunday if rain clears up by then.
20211020_185830.jpg
20211020_212523.jpg
you can see the difference in foam here, BSR's are in the front with the line down the center and a lot smoother, GB's in rear lot rougher foam. Also can see the super light wear on the BSR's as these have been ran guessing close to 30+ passes or more with last 6 being at 142-145mph so really good life and wear. Think I'll throw them on the Typhon maybe🤔
20211020_214529.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back