Kraton Exb quality control issues??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My kraton is all stock except for the bumpers, wheeelie bar and ear plugs in the center diff.

The manual doesn't tell me what density to put in the front or rear, says 100k in the center but not 100% what I should put in the front and back.
I believe @bicketybam uses 30K in the rear. I know that RTR's are 10kfr., 10krear. Also 100k Center. FWIW.
In your shocks?! Isn't that supposed to be 10k or something? Wouldn't that make them like peanut butter? So many questions and concerns! :eek:
800-900 CST ( Not weight) is about 70-80 weight. Not unusual for heavy 1/8 scale rig bashing. 1k cst is approx. 90w. I use that in my 6S Kraton and Noto. And I use the smaller front shock piston in the rear shocks with 1K cst. Gets me the right shock pack I want. A bit less rear chassis slap/damage, yet just enough chassis roll and rear traction. :cool: (y)

Last edited:
I hate to admit this , but I ran my 6s Typhon V4 , 6s Talion V4 , and both Mojaves out of the box without checking anything ( diff's ) , and never had a problem . Did go thru the diff's on the Typhon / Talion / and 1 of my Mojaves to re-do the diff fluids , nothing broken / out of place with them .
I guess I have been lucky ? My Arrmas have been living up their expectations .
But , that said , no offense to those who bought them , I'm holding off for a while in getting the EXB .

^^^In theory, a RTR or any pre assembled rig should be close to perfect out the box. You get lucky most of the time.
But once you get burned with immediate diff failures out the box, you tend to want to tear down and inspect all your new rigs. I just seen another video of the EXB. All 3 diffs appeared shimmed perfect no failures, no initial driving complaints....but disassembled before its first run, all 3 diffs were barely 25% filled with oil! FWIW. It's safe to say those diffs might not have lasted 10-20 runs with little oil in them, unnoticed.,:cool:

Edit: correction
In this video by Justinaz, he did inspect the diffs First before running it new out the box.

Last edited:
I hate to admit this , but I ran my 6s Typhon V4 , 6s Talion V4 , and both Mojaves out of the box without checking
When I got my Kraton 6s same thing. I did not do a thing to for 6months. Servo saver would loosen up along with the pillow balls,that’s it. I only started doing maintenance when I started on this forum, now a have nothing but trouble with all my rigs :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

When I got my Kraton 6s same thing. I did not do a thing to for 6months. Servo saver would loosen up along with the pillow balls,that’s it. I only started doing maintenance when I started on this forum, now a have nothing but trouble with all my rigs :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
As I have replied/posted in other threads , I am one of those who doesn't buy a rtr and immediately rip it apart to upgrade , rather I wait for something to break to fix/replace . So far I have never lost a servo , diff , esc ,or motor in any of my Arrmas !!! Been very happy with Arrma products so far , typical breaks for me have been the orig plastic chassis braces ( Typhon and Talion ) , wing mounts ( Typhon , Talion , and K8S ) , and arms . To be expected !!! LOL

:ROFLMAO:
Apparently there’s a shortage of diff oil in China lol
Call HH tell them the diffs were not filled correctly. They sent me oil and diff gaskets one time for my just released Noto when new. The center diff. leaked new out the box. Oil that leaked in the box, tipped me off initially. It was the center diff all wet on the chassis. Diff spur was loose. Gasket was torn. :cool:

Edit: just make sure HH sends you the correct diff oil. They sent me T. Losi 7000 CST because thats all they had. ( diff oil in short supply again back in 2018, Fall) I didn't specify or ask what oil for the center. I just use the 7K CST to mix down thicker oil. For the Track 7K would be fine for F/R. Not at the center diff!

Last edited:
Call HH tell them the diffs were not filled correctly. They sent me oil and diff gaskets one time for my just released Noto when new. The center diff. leaked new out the box. Oil that leaked in the box, tipped me off initially. It was the center diff all wet on the chassis. Diff spur was loose. Gasket was torn. :cool:

Edit: just make sure HH sends you the correct diff oil. They sent me T. Losi 7000 CST because thats all they had. ( diff oil in short supply again back in 2018, Fall) I didn't specify or ask what oil for the center. I just use the 7K CST to mix down thicker oil. For the Track 7K would be fine for F/R. Not at the center diff!
Wat horizon hobby is ao kind like that i have people recently tell me horizon never replies to them ?

I do the "phone call back" method. Yeah, I wait on hold for a while too. I always get the same guy calling me back. He knows me by now. Has my address and all. The phone number is your identity. They know every product you ever purchased from them with your phone number. I just throw him part numbers and a brief reason for the issue, and in all of 2 minutes he places the order. If in stock, Fedexed to me 3-4 days later, depending what day of the week I called.:cool:

I do the "phone call back" method. Yeah, I wait on hold for a while too. I always get the same guy calling me back. He knows me by now. Has my address and all. The phone number is your identity. They know every product you ever purchased from them with your phone number. I just throw him part numbers and a brief reason for the issue, and in all of 2 minutes he places the order. If in stock, Fedexed to me 3-4 days later, depending what day of the week I called.:cool:
But the blx120 esc have come back in stock and still did not ship

Short of obvious issues/adjustments to the naked eye when new, The phrase "leaving well enough alone" may be appropriate. Just playing devils advocate to the contrary here... ?‍♂️
But the blx120 esc have come back in stock and still did not ship
Im sure warranty requests for that ESC may be plentiful. Waiting in line for them to ship?:cool: IDK.

I don’t think that a call back is an option during Covid. I wasn’t given that option the few times I’ve called.

^^^ I agree. The call back option was announced on one of my calls, but would not prompt me further. Yet a subsequent call allowed it. I think it depends on what time of day or or day of week that you call. But my last CB did go thru somewhere in May if I am correct. ?‍♂️

As I have replied/posted in other threads , I am one of those who doesn't buy a rtr and immediately rip it apart to upgrade , rather I wait for something to break to fix/replace . So far I have never lost a servo , diff , esc ,or motor in any of my Arrmas !!! Been very happy with Arrma products so far , typical breaks for me have been the orig plastic chassis braces ( Typhon and Talion ) , wing mounts ( Typhon , Talion , and K8S ) , and arms . To be expected !!! LOL
This is the way to be...I'm starting to worry about self fulfilling prophies ;)

The only mods I do is what I've seen as weak points but even then I only buy the parts and don't swap them until it becomes a problem. That said, the Kraton doesn't have real bumpers so I put the RPM bumper on the front and back, added the outcasts wheelie bar and put ear plugs in the center diff to lock it because bashing is king for me...

Search amazon for mugen part# E0206 & Tekno # TKR1222. Looks like U got a bunch of links up above in the thread for fluid.
I have the EXB with Diff issues and tried those Mugen E0206 and the Diff outter drive is a different part number from the older diffs and does not fit

The EXB out drives are wider as someone said. Arrma EXB shims#'s are different. . Alternatively widen the E0206 shim holes??? Just an idea.

I have the EXB with Diff issues and tried those Mugen E0206 and the Diff outter drive is a different part number from the older diffs and does not fit
I'm glad you posted that as that was my concern. JonDilly has those shims in hand but hasn't said anything about them fitting. Maybe he's waiting for his new internal gears but you don't need those to see if they will fit or not. Hopefully you save some people some money.

The oudrives axle on the EXB are more big than the V4, you didn't see it? It is maybe 6mm instead of 5mm. If i remember well, INTEK used 6mm axle instead of 5mm on their buggy. That's why they can put a bigger pin to drive the sun gear on the EXB. So this new bigger pin should not break like on the V4.

So the inner diameter of the mugen shims must be too small for the EXB. And as it is what we call here "de la tole bleu", a blue steel which contain more carbon, so more hard than normal steel and it can be more hard to drill. Blue steel are more hard, hard to weld, hard to bent because it can break.

Out off the limited slip plates the differentials are really different than the V4. Without the diff. gear issue it should be really more strong.

Last edited:
I picked up the EXB because my Kraton V4 I got used was a little worn and the diffs needed work and I did not want to mess with it. A little bent up also. I was going to M2C or just bash it up with new tub and shock towers but then I let the sisters boyfriend drive the sweet Mojave I got used from the RC Shop used and he hit the wall full speed and had to M2C that one. Love that car! So Exb sounded like it made sense.... Now waiting on parts from HH. I ended up picking up a pair of pull off diff assembles for the V4 off ebay and waiting on those also. When I was blowing money on those Mugen shims(Which should work on the V4 diffs right?)I was so angry I ended up getting a new Typhon Mega and proceeded to slap the Kraton 4s ESC,Motor and Steel Spur into it.

I picked up the EXB because my Kraton V4 I got used was a little worn and the diffs needed work and I did not want to mess with it. A little bent up also. I was going to M2C or just bash it up with new tub and shock towers but then I let the sisters boyfriend drive the sweet Mojave I got used from the RC Shop used and he hit the wall full speed and had to M2C that one. Love that car! So Exb sounded like it made sense.... Now waiting on parts from HH. I ended up picking up a pair of pull off diff assembles for the V4 off ebay and waiting on those also. When I was blowing money on those Mugen shims(Which should work on the V4 diffs right?)I was so angry I ended up getting a new Typhon Mega and proceeded to slap the Kraton 4s ESC,Motor and Steel Spur into it.
The mugen shims will work on the V4 diffs but you really don't need them. They come with shims under the sun gears.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back