How many batteries per vehicle do you have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainger40

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
As my number of rc’s go up so do my number of batteries. I’m ready to order a couple more for my new exb build and saw that I’m getting quite the pile of lipos. I like to have at least two runs worth of packs for every rc I own just in case multiple are going at same time with wife/kids driving one too. Got me thinking some of y’all gotta have lipo mountains haha, so what’s your rule of thumb for your battery stashes?

As my number of rc’s go up so do my number of batteries. I’m ready to order a couple more for my new exb build and saw that I’m getting quite the pile of lipos. I like to have at least two runs worth of packs for every rc I own just in case multiple are going at same time with wife/kids driving one too. Got me thinking some of y’all gotta have lipo mountains haha, so what’s your rule of thumb for your battery stashes?
At least 2 a piece...run one charge the other...obviously a little break due to motor temps but ya definitely at least 2 for each👌🤙

Generally I have 2 batteries per model. Maybe more accurate to type that I have 2 batteries per battery type, except for quad batts, of which I have a pile.

Just the one...
Screenshot_2021-03-24-18-23-03.png

Hey,

Most of my cars are 1/10 so 2s packs for racing but for my typhon mega, I either get out my Y connector and stack 2 racing packs in serial, like a really big 1/10 saddle pack, or 1 of 2 4s packs which all give 14.8v and is good exercise for my racing lipos or, I whip out the single 6s 7000mah pack and rip up the tarmac and gravel only because things get a bit toasty on grass and the slipper is just about done.

Next purchase, 3s slipper, already got the pinions for it.

Hey,

Most of my cars are 1/10 so 2s packs for racing but for my typhon mega, I either get out my Y connector and stack 2 racing packs in serial, like a really big 1/10 saddle pack, or 1 of 2 4s packs which all give 14.8v and is good exercise for my racing lipos or, I whip out the single 6s 7000mah pack and rip up the tarmac and gravel only because things get a bit toasty on grass and the slipper is just about done.

Next purchase, 3s slipper, already got the pinions
Hey,

That 7000 must be speedy...

Hey,

That 7000 must be speedy
!

That 7000 must be speedy
!
Aye, its a bit silly but I need to finish off this chassis so I have a reason to put the new one on!

I'll gaffer tape my mobile to it one day for some GPS speed runs, gaffer tape being much cheaper than a purpose designed speed meter 🤣

I have 1 vehicle (had two, sold one). My only car is a Typhon 3S with a set of Proline MX tires and a set of Proline MX28 tires. I currently have eight 3S batteries. I'll get a second vehicle soon, just waiting for the right one.

Maybe a Big Rock since it shares almost all parts with my Typhon.
Maybe the new Vortex (spelling?) when it gets announced.
Maybe one of the new 4S vehicles when they are announced. Hopefully they have a center diff instead of a slipper, and I'd increase the pinion size so that I can run it at 50mph on 3S.

I hate to say it, but I'm not a huge fan of the Arrma 6S line. The wing mounts are terrible, break too easily, and are hard to replace since they are load bearing and getting everything to line up is difficult. They aren't much faster than the 3S line out of the box. They are not tanks like the 3S line is. They have a ton more torque, but it just doesn't seem worth it to me. The 6S also don't handle as well as the 3S in my experience, and in the space my friends and I have at the park, the 3S is more fun since they are more agile.

Of all of the 6S, the Typhon interests me most, but I have a Typhon 3S already.

So for now.... 1 car, 8 batteries :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back