How many batteries per vehicle do you have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run 2x3S packs in my 6S trucks and 4S in my 2 smaller trucks. Whenever I go run, I take 2 trucks and enough packs to run 2 trucks twice. I only have 2 4S lipo's because I damaged one of my 3S pairs when breaking them down to build 4S packs, or I'd have 3 4S lipo's. 2 is usually enough to get me to a point where something is broken though... lol.

I bought a few lipo's over the past year or so just to try them out. 2 x CNHL black series 3S packs and 2 x liperior 65C. After getting the 2 liperior 65C, I found they were too thick to fit in my ERBEv2. When I buy 3S packs, I want them to fit all 3 of my 6s trucks. The CNHL's don't fit well in it either. So those two pairs of packs are for my outcast. I have 4 hrb 50c 5000mah that are nearly shot and 4 liperior 45C packs to replace them that fit in my ERBEv2 well.

The last time out, I ran both sets of hrb's and both sets of 45c liperior's in my ERBEv2 without really breaking anything for a change. Running them side by side really showed me how tired the hrb's are after 2 years. I get about 30% less run time (10-12 minutes vs 15-17 minutes) and their punch really dies off after about 5 minutes.

So, while I don't try buy pack's per truck, I have packs that I only run in the outcast due to fitment, packs I run in the revo and savage flux due to fitment/weight and now that I run 4S in my 1/10th trucks, they have their own. :(

Not much point in buying more until others die or they will just sit and time isn't great for any battery to just sit.

Dunno, 2 or 3 6s bricks, 6 or 8 3s bricks, 7 - 2s bricks, half a dozen micro 2s for the 24's, a few little 3s for the capra, and my friend stores his 2 - 6s bricks, 6 - 4s bricks, and 2 - 3s bricks here, too.
So, 25 -35 lipos total it they're all here at once

Plenty, many can be cross referenced with other rigs.

Dunno, 2 or 3 6s bricks, 6 or 8 3s bricks, 7 - 2s bricks, half a dozen micro 2s for the 24's, a few little 3s for the capra, and my friend stores his 2 - 6s bricks, 6 - 4s bricks, and 2 - 3s bricks here, too.
So, 25 -35 lipos total it they're all here at once
Haha, does your home insurer know? That's Boeing 777 dreamliner amounts of lipo packs.

As long as you're savvy and take the necessary precautions, I'm 99.33333333% sure you won't have an issue, but there's always that one time.

Haha, does your home insurer know? That's Boeing 777 dreamliner amounts of lipo packs.

As long as you're savvy and take the necessary precautions, I'm 99.33333333% sure you won't have an issue, but there's always that one time.
I have ammo cans for days...
And a detached garage makes it less catastrophic if they all decide to spark up simultaneously. don't worry, though, I keep them at least 6 feet from the primers and gunpowder 😉😆

I'm usually prepared with 2 sets of packs for whatever vehicle it is. Many vehicles share packs .. so that helps out some. :)

I have two 4S and 2 6S batteries. They are shared by my Mojave and Typhon (I run one or the other per session) I usually start with the 4S, then the 6S, I run all four packs whenever I go out.

Almost forgot, 1 battery for my SCX24.

I also have another 15 to 20 Lipo's for my RC Airplanes.

I have two 4S and 2 6S batteries. They are shared by my Mojave and Typhon (I run one or the other per session) I usually start with the 4S, then the 6S, I run all four packs whenever I go out.

Almost forgot, 1 battery for my SCX24.

I also have another 15 to 20 Lipo's for my RC Airplanes.
I have six 4's For the Kraton @ two 3s batteries for kraton fans and my Vintage Tamiya CR-01 land cruiser
20210325_152422.jpg
20210307_150025.jpg

Honestly I have too many batteries. That why I have 5 ammo cans. I've been selling off my old Traxxas and Redcat vehicles, and have included a battery for each sell. I'm on my 7th sell right now. Then I go out and buy a used Xmaxx off of offer up, and the guy gives me 2 more 4s 6000mah 65c batteries! Ugh! They are in good shape and health.

Rig (Number of batteries-cell count) brand

kraton- (2-6s) powerhobby
Infraction- (2-3s, 2-6s) smc
Lights and fans for infraction- (2-3s) towerhobby
Granite- (5-3s, 3-2s) smc
Xmaxx- (4-4s) smc
Maxx- (2-4s, 2-3s) Traxxas and smc
Drones- (3-3s) Traxxas

27 batteries as of right now. All stored in lipo bags, inside ammo boxes.

Running 3 chargers to keep up with my needs. Hahaha

I have 6 3S packs for 3 cars.

2 for the the Kraton 6S
1 for the Granite
1 for the Vorteks

2 spares for whatever is not broken after the first 4 packs. They usually go in the Kraton if nothing broke on it.

Have a few ...
8 - 2S
12 - 3S
20 - 4S

the 2 X-Maxx's in the winter will go through batteries - run time in freezing temps is greatly reduced.
The 2 Proboat Sonicwakes will get less than 5 minutes out of a battery (either a single 4S or pair of 3S)

Thanks to black friday, I now have 4x 6s packs. That's plenty of run time for me!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back