IMPULSE BUYING 🤔 HAVE YOU BEEN Infected WITH THE VIRUS CALLED RC ADDICTION 🤣🤣🤣🤣

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impulse buying goes way back here to 2005. Have at least 3 large Rubbermaid totes with tons of new nitro stuff. Engines, glow plugs, tires/ wheels, probably 20 new bodies on the shelf, new jato in box, parts parts and more parts. Been a RC fiend for a long time, gave up on myself a long time ago. 🤷‍♂️

Impulse buying goes way back here to 2005. Have at least 3 large Rubbermaid totes with tons of new nitro stuff. Engines, glow plugs, tires/ wheels, probably 20 new bodies on the shelf, new jato in box, parts parts and more parts. Been a RC fiend for a long time, gave up on myself a long time ago. 🤷‍♂️
Never give up bud ..you are a RC veteran 😁👍

Not sure if this is an impulse buy or not, as I DID need a cap pack for the XLX2. So in a sense, it's a necessity much like food and shelter
However, I COULD have bought a used KillMode alot cheaper and the LHS has Powerhobby's in stock for $30 cheaper. To me, the statement, "Only used it two or three times" is hobby-speak for "Ran it hard every weekend, but kept it clean". And there is something about PowerHobby, don't know what, that just makes me a bit uneasy. Some Captain Industry BS or another.
So FOR ONCE I actually used the Forums search thingy, did some homework, and settled for what seemed the popular choice, RippleKiller. Now the wait begins...

Anyone want to impulse buy this..?o_O
The price has to be a typo surely.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hur...ods/arrma-gt-limitless-infraction-/1309732251

Screenshot from 2023-03-28 17-37-22.png

e13a6afc-4bef-4478-862e-e7f2ff31f2f7.jpg

b9722f65-8bd3-48d6-9437-24d62e561a2f.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if this is an impulse buy or not, as I DID need a cap pack for the XLX2. So in a sense, it's a necessity much like food and shelter
However, I COULD have bought a used KillMode alot cheaper and the LHS has Powerhobby's in stock for $30 cheaper. To me, the statement, "Only used it two or three times" is hobby-speak for "Ran it hard every weekend, but kept it clean". And there is something about PowerHobby, don't know what, that just makes me a bit uneasy. Some Captain Industry BS or another.
So FOR ONCE I actually used the Forums search thingy, did some homework, and settled for what seemed the popular choice, RippleKiller. Now the wait begins...
May I ask why you need a cap pack for your xlx2? I've heard that they aren't really necessary for them

May I ask why you need a cap pack for your xlx2? I've heard that they aren't really necessary for them
Trying to break 130mph and the build is strictly for speed runs. I heard the same, that the XLX2 controls ripples better yet haven't seen or heard anyone say you don't need a cap pack. But for someone new to Castle like I am, it may be necessary until all those squiggly lines on the charts make any amount of sense to me and I tweak settings accordingly.

Good choice in the buy..hope you get it soon .post pics here when you get it .👍😁good luck with your bran new ripplekiller
May I give it a name if it doesn't already have one ?? I'd love to call it
THE REEPER.🤟😆👍

Screenshot_20230328-095805.png

Last edited:
Last week was a very bad week of impulse buying for me. I just blame it on my birthday coming up. Everything on the shelf besides the yellow boat, was purchased last week. Including the shelf itself. The wife is not so pleased with me at the moment. And now the batteries and servos and what not are coming in 😭

View attachment 288077

No, no! You just need more shelf space :)
You'll enjoy the black jack.i had one it's a boat load of fun😆👍

So do you still run nitro ? or did you just gave up on it?.

I'm another heavy researcher because I don't have a lot of disposable income, want to make sure I'm absolutely sure before I buy... however my very first RC coming into the hobby last December was the Losi Mini T 2.0 - The last time I drooled over RCs was in high school and those Losi's looked so awesome, I didn't even think about the fact that it would only run on hardpack or pavement and not through grass - ended up trading it for a SCX24 Gladiator around the same time I was gifted my Granite from the wife for bday/xmas - now I'm not too into the crawling thing anymore and I'm probably going to try and trade it for one of the wltoys drifters. This hobby is strange in that there are so many ways to express yourself and customize!

That being said I probably would call my WLToys 144010 brushless an impulse buy, the speed and the price just kind of slapped me in the face, when I could have just spent a little more for something with a little more... shall we say... longevity? Still a super quick little buggy, just have to remind myself it's not an Arrma and not give it too many big sends!

20230304_191755[1].jpg

My doctor told to buy two more and call him in the morning for my RC infection. My other infection/rash will take a couple weeks to get over.

Back