New 1/8 MT from Associated! Looks interesting. Rival MT8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a habit of trying to preserve my favorite higher priced rigs especially the ones with a lot of money in upgrades, from needless abuse and wear. I tend to not toss my tekno stuff or built arrmas in my work truck to get banged around all day until I find a little time to burn a few packs, or take them out in really muddy conditions or drive them through deep water. There not shelf queens, I do take them out and run them hard but i like to have specific beaters i don’t worry about at all.
I've never related to something more in my entire life than this.

The more I see the MT8, the more I want one 😂

So has anyone bought the Rival MT8? I was thinking about getting the MT10 instead. Some people are putting lower Kaiju arms because they're MT8 lower arms break too easily??

Can I then assume that the rpm arms for the mojave will also fit ?
But how will that fit? The arrma mojave has pivotballs and the mt8 C hubs🤔🤷🏻‍♂️
I don't have an MT8, but do have a kaiju. I have mojave rear arms on both front and rear of my kaiju..I have seen people using kaiju arms on the MT8 so I would have to guess the mojave arms will work with the MT8?
Keep in mind, they're not a direct bolt on. You will need 4mm hinge pins,drill the MT8 pivot blocks and hubs out to 4mm from stock 3mm. Also, some material will need to be removed from the mojave arms for the C hubs to clear at the front. Overall, it's relatively simple as long as you are willing to spend the time fitting them.
The strength of the Mojave arms over the Redcat is undeniable.

Can I then assume that the rpm arms for the mojave will also fit ?
But how will that fit? The arrma mojave has pivotballs and the mt8 C hubs🤔🤷🏻‍♂️
I believe that it's all rear Mojave arms all around

I picked 1 up a few weeks ago & couldn’t be happier! Absolutely love how the MT8 drives, really easy to control in the air & man is it fast! Other than my V1 Shogun it’s easily the fastest RTR I’ve seen…. All 3 diffs were basically dry, filling with 30/500/10 made a huge difference. The front wheels don’t instantly turn into pizza cutters now!

All-n-all it’s a fantastic little truck & worth every penny IMO

I picked 1 up a few weeks ago & couldn’t be happier! Absolutely love how the MT8 drives, really easy to control in the air & man is it fast! Other than my V1 Shogun it’s easily the fastest RTR I’ve seen…. All 3 diffs were basically dry, filling with 30/500/10 made a huge difference. The front wheels don’t instantly turn into pizza cutters now!

All-n-all it’s a fantastic little truck & worth every penny IMO
How's your MT8 holding up? I've seen people take one bad jump and it breaks easily, while others beat the crap out of it with little issues. I know that the lower control arms are a problem. Hehe.

How's everyone MT8? Im thinking of getting one. Is it different than the OG Kaiju? I have one of those already.

How's everyone MT8? Im thinking of getting one. Is it different than the OG Kaiju? I have one of those already.
It performs way better in the driving department than the Kaiju. The upper arms are not too weak, but the lower control arms are weaker than the Kaiju. Some people install lower Kaiju arms. The motor mount on the MT8 is way better than the Kaiju one. The front bumper too. I haven't seen anyone mention bending the meal chassis on the MT8, but I haven't seen people doing insane jumps either. Overall it's like a Kaiju 2.0. I don't have one, but that's what I have gathered from Razor and others. You do have to land it on the wheels every time. One small side landing, and it probably will not survive like my Maxx V2 does (after upgrading it though 🤣). The front hubs and c hubs, bulkheads seem to be the same as the Kaiju. Out of all those, the C hubs and front hubs are kind of weak, even on the lighter Kaiju.

It performs way better in the driving department than the Kaiju. The upper arms are not too weak, but the lower control arms are weaker than the Kaiju. Some people install lower Kaiju arms. The motor mount on the MT8 is way better than the Kaiju one. The front bumper too. I haven't seen anyone mention bending the meal chassis on the MT8, but I haven't seen people doing insane jumps either. Overall it's like a Kaiju 2.0. I don't have one, but that's what I have gathered from Razor and others. You do have to land it on the wheels every time. One small side landing, and it probably will not survive like my Maxx V2 does (after upgrading it though 🤣). The front hubs and c hubs, bulkheads seem to be the same as the Kaiju. Out of all those, the C hubs and front hubs are kind of weak, even on the lighter Kaiju.
I don't really do too many jumps. Before I was thinking of a 4s Kraton or Outcast, but with a coupon code, this only cost about $10 more. Can run 4s and 6s. With a center diff. Seem like a win, win.

I don't really do too many jumps. Before I was thinking of a 4s Kraton or Outcast, but with a coupon code, this only cost about $10 more. Can run 4s and 6s. With a center diff. Seem like a win, win.
Oh yeah. If I had to choose, I would definitely go with the MT8 just because of the center differential. And 6s capable for only $10 more? That one is a no brainer. The value and performance is definitely there. I believe that the 4s Outcast is longer. Not sure about wider though.

I totally agree. My all time favorite video is the EXB K8S video. It's actually my favorite commercial video of all time for anything. I went and bought the damn rig the next day 🤣. This one
Wow! Yeah, I agree, awesome vid!!! I just bought 4 of them!!! (J/k-I wish!) 🤣 😁 ✌️

Wow! Yeah, I agree, awesome vid!!! I just bought 4 of them!!! (J/k-I wish!) 🤣 😁 ✌️
I went crazy with the Xmaxx at one time. I had 4 of them at once. I sold two, gave one to my step dad and I kept one of my X-Maxx trucks for me 😂

Last edited:
KT didn't like the MT8 at all. Not that I would jump it and land it on concrete like he does though. Most of us don't do that. Heck some of us don't even jump our rigs 😂

KT didn't like the MT8 at all. Not that I would jump it and land it on concrete like he does though. Most of us don't do that. Heck some of us don't even jump our rigs 😂

Yeah I didn't think his assessment was totally fair. Not every car is going to be used in the way that he uses it, so really only a handful of cars will long term stand up to his abuse. Most other reviews I saw focused on the good handling, lots of power, and some breakages here or there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back