Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for that...

I actually ended up sending the actual company Hota an email with a few questions... and they have just sent me a response to my questions. Not bad customer service considering it is a Sunday!..

Anyway.. they also let me know the phone app is available now for Android and will be out soon for Apple.. I’ve got an apple iPhone as my personal phone and a Samsung as a work phone.. so I can just load it up and use my work phone until the apple app is released.
I'd say excellent customer service, same day response on Sunday and Father's Day. Glad you have the information you were looking for.

I know its a great charger. Some people on here has it and like it. Someone commented that while charging and being able to monitor the progress on phone was convenient feature. Got mine from smc-racing.net, send them a email, sure they'll answer all questions.
View attachment 40956View attachment 40957
Here are some specs on box and manual if you want to call it that.
One more thing to notice on that is that it's 1.6A balance, which is quite a bit. Has to help with those packs that get off a bit from cell to cell. I don't think any of my main chargers have that high of a rate. My Hitec D7 seems to fight for a long time on some of my packs.

One more thing to notice on that is that it's 1.6A balance, which is quite a bit. Has to help with those packs that get off a bit from cell to cell. I don't think any of my main chargers have that high of a rate. My Hitec D7 seems to fight for a long time on some of my packs.
I saw that too but wasn't sure if that was total per channel or what. Your Hitec D7 is listed as 300ma per cell and I have the Hitec X2 700 which is listed as 800ma per cell where the Hota D6+ is just listed as 1600ma x 2, but it does't say per cell. So I'm not sure if Hitec is actually per channel or what the deal is. It would be interesting to see the balancing difference between this and mine.

I tried to find another Hitec X2 400 a few times, most sell for the same price used that I paid for mine new.
Yeah, that one is twice the wattage, but the same current on both ports as the D7. Still, if you have the power supply to support it, you can charge a 5000mah 6S at 3C safely without hitting the wattage ceiling, if the pack can take it. Probably better to use as a parallel charger at least.

Hi everyone!

I am a new RC-enthusiast (bought an ARRMA Typhon 4X4 3S BLX Speed Buggy) from Europe and I am now in the need of a charger (and battery).
To be honest after reading through this thread I am a little overwhelmed by all the options.

So please recommend me a charger while keeping the following points in mind:
1. AC/DC - I don't have a PSU so I want to be able to plug it in the socket at home
2. 80-150€ price range
3. at least 2-channel with ability to charge 2S/3S 5000-6000mAh 50c batterys (at a reasonable speed ~1-2h?)

Thanks in advance! :)

PS: I found this charger (HTRC C240 Duo AC/DC 150W/240W 10A - 2-Channel)
https://www.banggood.com/HTRC-C240-...lance-Charger-p-1242905.html?cur_warehouse=CN is it a good one to start with ?

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I am a new RC-enthusiast (bought an ARRMA Typhon 4X4 3S BLX Speed Buggy) from Europe and I am now in the need of a charger (and battery).
To be honest after reading through this thread I am a little overwhelmed by all the options.

1. AC/DC - I don't have a PSU so I want to be able to plug it in the socket at home
2. 80-150€ price range
3. at least 2-channel with ability to charge 2 5000-6000mAh 50c batterys (at a reasonable speed ~1-2h?)

https://www.banggood.com/HTRC-C240-...lance-Charger-p-1242905.html?cur_warehouse=CN is it a good one to start with ?

I use a SkyRC T200 wich im very happy with..

2 channel
100w each
6amp each (when both used simultaniously)

Balance charges my 4s 5500 packs, from storage voltage to full in 25/30 mins @ 1c (5,5amph)

Its around 100€ but needs:
2 charge leads (pack connector to XT60)
2 balance boards (JST to XH)

So.. Around 125€ total

Where in EU youre from?

I use a SkyRC T200 wich im very happy with..

2 channel
100w each
6amp each (when both used simultaniously)

Balance charges my 4s 5500 packs, from storage voltage to full in 25/30 mins @ 1c (5,5amph)

Its around 100€ but needs:
2 charge leads (pack connector to XT60)
2 balance boards (JST to XH)

So.. Around 125€ total

Where in EU youre from?

I am from Germany - sadly I don't have a hobbyshop nearby. :)
The SkyRC T200 sounds nice - will look into it!

Hi everyone!

2. 80-150€ price range
3. at least 2-channel with ability to charge 2 5000-6000mAh 50c batterys (at a reasonable speed ~1-2h?)

If you want a 2 channel ac/dc charger get at least 300-400 watt charger. You do not want an underpowered charger when you get into high cell packs then have to buy a more powerful charger.

Read through this entire thread, plenty of information, you don't have to spend a fortune for a good charger. I have the hota D6+, nice charger, good price.

Anyone one have any reviews or input on the HTRC t240? Looking to use it for for 3s 5000mah lipos. It will be my first charger.
I was going to suggest that charger in your other thread. The reviews I have seen for it are decent. Just remember that on ac power it will only do 75w per channel @ 10a, but if connected to a sufficient dc power supply it will output 120w per channel but also @ 10a. It has a touch screen display, lipo cell meter and an IR meter, these are always a plus. Just change out the connector on the leads to your connector of choice and should be good to go.

I was going to suggest that charger in your other thread. The reviews I have seen for it are decent. Just remember that on ac power it will only do 75w per channel @ 10a, but if connected to a sufficient dc power supply it will output 120w per channel but also @ 10a. It has a touch screen display, lipo cell meter and an IR meter, these are always a plus. Just change out the connector on the leads to your connector of choice and should be good to go.

So if I understand everything correctly this charger will be fine to charge 2 s3 5000mah at 1c(5a each) (about an hour to charge) or I can charge 1 s3 5000mah at 2c (10a) (30 min charge time)

Anyone one have any reviews or input on the HTRC t240? Looking to use it for for 3s 5000mah lipos. It will be my first charger.

I love that charger, it's the one I use everyday at the track. 1 battery it can do 150W, which is plenty for up to 6S at 5.5A or so. 2 batteries will split 75W/75W, which is enough for 3S at about 5-6A.

I love that charger, it's the one I use everyday at the track. 1 battery it can do 150W, which is plenty for up to 6S at 5.5A or so. 2 batteries will split 75W/75W, which is enough for 3S at about 5-6A.

Oh nice, I didn't know you could do that with this charger.

So if I understand everything correctly this charger will be fine to charge 2 s3 5000mah at 1c(5a each) (about an hour to charge) or I can charge 1 s3 5000mah at 2c (10a) (30 min charge time)
A 3S 5000 at 1C takes 55w/5A, so should be good with charging 2 of those. 2C is twice that, so it can do 1 at 2C as well.

That is one sweet charger.
Will it handle my 24V 400watt PSU? Whats the Max input voltage for this HTRC?' I dual charge 6S 6000mah 50C bricks.
Tempted to get it as a travel charger.
Been using the Hobbymate D6 Duo Pro with the PSU with no issues.(Firmware updated)
Touch screen of this HTRC is great. (y) Nice review as always. To the point with no fluff.(y)

Last edited:
Back