Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After going through this whole thread (whew!) and looking at my "current" needs and requirements, and giving myself some room for growth, I just ordered one of these.

Besides, I like the multicolor display.....:)
Yeah, this thread is so long. Great choice, its a good charger and the price is good for what you get. With so many to choose from I've also weighed the differences and decided on this one. Like you said it gives you room for growth, I have so many chargers and hate to keep updating them. You will be surprised by its compact size and think you will be pleased with its performance! ?

I have a ac dc x1 and i cant charge my 4s lipo more than 3.3amp i just have 2 4000mah 4s tho so its not a big deal but when i will need a charger idk what im going to pick yet
Im on a tight budget

Yeah, this thread is so long. Great choice, its a good charger and the price is good for what you get. With so many to choose from I've also weighed the differences and decided on this one. Like you said it gives you room for growth, I have so many chargers and hate to keep updating them. You will be surprised by its compact size and think you will be pleased with its performance! ?

Yeah, it definitely checked all the right boxes for me. I bought a better charger when I bought the Senton, a Dynamite Prophet Sport Mini, and it's a doggone good little charger to start with.

And I bought a 2S Venom 4000 LiPo to try. If/when the original NiMH hump pack dies, I'll go all 2S LiPo. I was going to get the 5000 pack, but sheesh, it was $60, which sent me to the battery threads here, which led to the charger thread, which led to.....you get the picture, I'm sure!

Eventually I'll probably put in a brushless conversion, but for now, run time is more important, which is why I wanted the 4000 LiPo vs the 2400 NiMH pack.

Added an iCharger on a custom stand
AE9AA0ED-EA01-45C9-A81D-1271EB0668EB.jpeg
FD226DD1-B433-4C73-AC50-48888B1E7E2C.jpeg

I used to have AC chargers but after my 3rd 100 dollar charger i changed to DC. In the end it's even cheaper per watt charge power:
- More power
- Better chargers
- Less heat in the charger
- If a component fails it's cheaper to replace it

20190915_113715.jpg

2 Hota's D6 and 750w power supplies for less than 250 dollars. This setup easily charges 4x6s at 2c.

I used to have AC chargers but after my 3rd 100 dollar charger i changed to DC. In the end it's even cheaper per watt charge power:
- More power
- Better chargers
- Less heat in the charger
- If a component fails it's cheaper to replace it

View attachment 49585

2 Hota's D6 and 750w power supplies for less than 250 dollars. This setup easily charges 4x6s at 2c.

Where did you get your power supply(ies)? I'm looking for 24v and using one Hota charger.
Nice setup. Or, maybe @slick2500 can point me in the right direction. I can only get 8 amps from both channels total now with AC and need more because I charge 6s packs at 10a often.

Where did you get your power supply(ies)? I'm looking for 24v and using one Hota charger.
Nice setup. Or, maybe @slick2500 can point me in the right direction. I can only get 8 amps from both channels total now with AC and need more because I charge 6s packs at 10a often.
Thanks, I found them on Banggood but they are not available anymore.

I never got a notification for this.
I bought mine off ebay but it was only 12v. 24v psus are not as readily available and more expensive than 12v.

Back