What are the reasons you would recommend ARRMA over another brand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbylsma

Reaction score
I am considering different RC brands and was wondering how some of you all who seem to love ARRMA might answer this question: What are the reasons you would recommend ARRMA to a friend over another brand?

I am trying to understand what makes ARRMA special compared to maybe Traxxas or another RC brand. Thanks in advance.

Don't you ever compare it to that filth..

what-why.gif

Why? What makes ARRMA better?

Meh some people on here get butthurt when you talk about brands that aren't Arrma and to some Traxxas is like saying the F word......

The initial cost of the car is all I can think of. Look at the Sledge vs the Kraton 6s, the Sledge is $700 while the Kraton is $550. You getter better bang for buck out of the box. Both cars have their issues so after the initial purchase the cost of owning both will go up.

IMHO Arrma isn't any better or worse than any other brand that is currently on the market, but having said that I think the 1/10 platform are the most overhyped piles of garbage, I would rather buy a HSP or BSD Racing car before I ever touch one of those cars again.
So many possibilities with interchangeable parts between models. Lot's of ways to configure your rigs. (y)
You can do the same thing with any other brand. This is nothing unique to Arrma. Look at Tamiya, they have maybe a dozen different platforms but hundreds of cars. Every manufacturer of pretty much anything does this. Look at GM, Ford, Toyota, Samsung, LG, Toshiba, Mitsubishi ect.

Meh some people on here get butthurt when you talk about brands that aren't Arrma and to some Traxxas is like saying the F word......

The initial cost of the car is all I can think of. Look at the Sledge vs the Kraton 6s, the Sledge is $700 while the Kraton is $550. You getter better bang for buck out of the box. Both cars have their issues so after the initial purchase the cost of owning both will go up.

IMHO Arrma isn't any better or worse than any other brand that is currently on the market, but having said that I think the 1/10 platform are the most overhyped piles of garbage, I would rather buy a HSP or BSD Racing car before I ever touch one of those cars again.

You can do the same thing with any other brand. This is nothing unique to Arrma. Look at Tamiya, they have maybe a dozen different platforms but hundreds of cars. Every manufacturer of pretty much anything does this. Look at GM, Ford, Toyota, Samsung, LG, Toshiba, Mitsubishi ect.
So you would say that it's primarily cost, ARRMA is a bit more affordable on the front end so that is why you choose them and why you might recommend them?

Arrma 6S models are good, solid build, decent electronics, lots of room inside. Many good aftermarket offerings.
Traxxas for example uses a lot more plastics which can be good in certain cases (lighter and can flex back) but they leave no room for reconfiguratioin, like thight battery compartments.

On most class/discipline/size there are some good non-arrma alternatives. But in general arrma makes affordable, tough, maintenance friendly cars.

Arrma 6S models are good, solid build, decent electronics, lots of room inside. Many good aftermarket offerings.
Traxxas for example uses a lot more plastics which can be good in certain cases (lighter and can flex back) but they leave no room for reconfiguratioin, like thight battery compartments.

On most class/discipline/size there are some good non-arrma alternatives. But in general arrma makes affordable, tough, maintenance friendly cars.
So you would say ARRMA offers more ability to mod and reconfigure, more customization over a Traxxas? But I get the feeling maybe this isn't every ARRMA model? I see the price differences between the models, does that translate to the parts as well?

Extreme overlap between models, well engineered, exceptionally well aftermarket supported in any direction you want to go. And not bad out of the box either.

The Sledge is made out of the same recycled beer cans as a BLX is. If they cost the same I might have more respect for the Sledge.

Last edited:
It’s a matter of preference to be honest. Like choosing a redhead, blonde, or brunette. I’m a sucker for a brunette.. with ink… maybe a piercing or two. Sigh.

Where was I again? Oh ya! Got sidetracked.

For me, Arrma RCs are brunettes, but I’ll still look at the occasional redhead or blonde. In the end, no matter which RC company (or woman) you choose, your wallet is gonna take a beating.

I am considering different RC brands and was wondering how some of you all who seem to love ARRMA might answer this question: What are the reasons you would recommend ARRMA to a friend over another brand?

I am trying to understand what makes ARRMA special compared to maybe Traxxas or another RC brand. Thanks in advance.
I think they are all pretty good however I think ARRMS's are easy to work on once you find the right instructions . They are fast out of the box and seem to be pretty rugged. They also seem to be a easier to use aftermarket stuff like batteries in particular. At the end of the day whatever pleases your eye and pleases your pocketbook is what you're going to go with.

Right out of the gate referring to 6s models , cheaper , better electronics , metal driveshafts . I started out with Traxxas , E-Revo ...... broke it way to many times and a PIA to repair , Slashes / Stampede ..... constantly breaking the plastic slip driveshafts , Maxx ...... flipped over just staring at it / body popping off / from knuckles popping off / twisted the cheap again plastic slip driveshafts . Xmaax is GREAT !!!!!
Losi , only basher Losi I had was the Super Baja Rey 2.0 , what a TANK !!!!! Very durable except front bumper ! LOL
That said , Arrma Mega , no offense to has them , but I fell for the Senton Mega and tried to upgrade to brushless , torn everything apart , don't waste your time go right for the 3s brushless if that is your budget , but again , can't stand slipper clutch .
I am / and have been tempted to buy a 4s V2 , but haven't yet as I don't bash virtually anymore .
My favorite Arrma is the Senton 6s and Talion 6s .
Because I'm to familiar with Arrma , I won't do Hobao / Team Corally / etc .
And have to ad , ( BLX versions ) I have never blown an ESC or motor , I actually have never blown any Arrma 6s diffs either !! Servos , that's another story .

I say go buy a Traxxas or 3 like I did. Get frustrated with repair after repair and then their crap 90 day warranty vs 2 years. I sold all 3 with in 6 months and never looked back. So go waste money and time like I did. ;) Arrma isn't perfect but stand behind their products.

The little blue Kraton in the picture I've broken or bent every part on it including the diffs. The sheer quantity of t6 7075 on it reflects the periods of frustration I go through with that truck. The beauty of Arrma is if I want to build a brick I can, and there's plenty of aftermarket to support it. Arrma, build it your way!

They are build tuff, and are fast. :cool:
I was thinking of being a premium member. But all my cars are Traxxas, except for my Felony.
Buying a premium membership supports this glamorous and exceptional forum and giveaways .etc, no need to have any arrmas....

Also, get some benefits like no ads which is sooooo nice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back