What are the reasons you would recommend ARRMA over another brand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 12.57.05 PM.png

To change it, Click on Profile > Account details > Scroll down to Arrma RC's and check the box of the ones you have

I like RC's, Arrma's are the fav, but I own Trx. Losi. Tamiya, Team Associated, Corally, and some Chinese brands. It's about having fun. Doesn't matter the brand. If you're not having fun, either you're doing it wrong or sell it and find something else!

Honestly, this forum is a big reason to buy an arrma. No other brand-specific forum I've seen has nearly as open-minded users and is as active. You can find support here for just about any sort of repair on your truck, with lots of detailed walk throughs, guides, and tips/tricks. Plenty of modding and DIY support. Imagine having that kind of in-depth support for your 1:1, if hundreds of people could chime in with insight.

I know this isn't an arrma official website, but i'd say it's probably one of the best things going for it.

Not a lot of forums could you post a question about some random car and get dozens of replies within hours, most of the other general or brand specific forums it can take days to even get 1 reply. I know for a fact I could get more help here with my Ecx vehicles than I could over on the Ecx forums, why because there are maybe a handful of active people on there. I doubt that forum sees as much traffic in a month as this one does in a day.

Last edited:
Not a lot of forums could you post a question about some random car and get dozens of replies within hours, most of the other general or brand specific forums it can take days to even get 1 reply. I know for a fact I could get more help here with my Ecx vehicles than I could over on the Ecx forums, why because there are maybe a handful of active people on there. I doubt that forum sees as much traffic in a month as this one does in a day.
Well when you put it that way, it's almost like you're making a pitch just for the forum, not necessarily Arrma ;)

Don't get me wrong, I would have a hard time recommending one of my arrma's over one of my tekno's. But I'm much more likely to get a wide variety of solid answers on the Arrma forum about my Big Rock than my Slash. That specifically counts for Arrma.

This Forum for sure!

That being said we own tons of brand and enjoy most of them. Just had the Granite out at the skate park last weekend, took some nasty hits too!

You will get a lot of support from this Forum (even with other brands), Arrma is not perfect but has good support and some really fun vehicles. The last time I had the Kraton 8S out for a spin it was nothing but fun.

You can also search this forum for threads talking about the pro's and con's of different models and brands to help you get started. The consensus around here seems to be to start with the Kraton V5 BLX.

I've noticed ARRMA has brought many people who have been out of the scene for awhile back into it..me being one of them.

In my eyes their an exciting brand with some cool AF models.

I found the perfect platform for what i wanted and after being out of the hobby for awhile i was blown away by how much fun i had driving mine despite not pushing it anywhere near it's limits.

Because of this and reading other members reviews and seeing people on YT bashing the living crap of theirs i would rank ARRMA the #1 choice.

In my eyes the other brands have a serious case of ketchup. ;)

I'm not sure I would recommend Arrma over another brand. The 6s rtr line I would recommend over say a TRX or Corally. I feel the the Arrma (v5 rtr) represents a better value than either of those brands in 6s.. I think that will likely change though when Arrma releases v6 exb rtr's. My guess is $800 cream puffs (Talion EXB RTR) is what we'll see🤷‍♂️ They'll be better (v6) I think, but many will miss the $500-$550 v5 rtr's.. I know I will.

Buy cars based on the car, not based on the brand. Everyone makes some good cars and some stinkers, same as Ford, Chevy, etc.

I own-
Arrma
Traxxas
Kyosho
Team Associated
Losi
Axial
Tamiya
Maybe more. I'm at around 30 currently.

I don't care what brand it is, I look at the models individually and decide what I want.

My only gripe with any of them is with Traxxas and there are few reasons why.
I don't like how they run thier business. I don't like the quality they put out now. I think thier prices are ridiculous for a lot of thier stuff. Etc.
If you knew Traxxas plastic from 20+ years ago you'd know it was a lot better. The black plastic used in the 2wd was much stronger and resilient then the grey they use now. The grey is a harder and more brittle one that shatters rather then flexes (in comparison).
Buy whatever You want...

Last edited:
I own-
Arrma
Traxxas
Kyosho
Team Associated
Losi
Maybe more. I'm at around 30 currently.

I don't care what brand it is, I look at the models individually and decide what I want.

My only gripe with any of them is with Traxxas and there are few reasons why.
I don't like how they run thier business. I don't like the quality they put out now. I think thier prices are ridiculous for a lot of thier stuff. Etc.
If you knew Traxxas plastic from 20+ years ago you'd know it was a lot better. The black plastic used in the 2wd was much stronger and resilient then the grey they use now. The grey is a harder and more brittle one that shatters rather then flexes (in comparison).
Buy whatever You want...
Fair enough. Many say the same about Arrma after HH buyout.. I can't help but feel like HH and TRX become more alike with each passing day🤷‍♂️

Fair enough. Many say the same about Arrma after HH buyout.. I can't help but feel like HH and TRX become more alike with each passing day🤷‍♂️

You might be right, sir. I don't know.

I just got into arrma after mainly bashing Traxxas for the last 2 decades. I don't know the older quality of them first hand.
I really feel like its just going down hill in general for all goods. Not just rc. The companies are pinching pennies (understandable) and charging us more.
Things in general aren't made as well. Companies are having a hard time still after covid in my opinion and I think it shows all around.

I have a Hobbico era Outcast, while the plastics are different now I haven't noticed much if any difference in quality.

I'm just being an ass, I simply just don't like their bad business practices, trying to monopolize the industry, sneaky marketing tactics, and just their general lack of love for the competition/competitors.. I'm bias!! 🥴
There are a whole lot of people who agree with you about that.
My reasoning for being an Arrma fan boy…..
Parts combatitbility…….and I’m used to the conventions of how they are put together.

I have a few Losi rigs now, but Arrma is my go to.

(worked on the Losi super rock Rey today……giant pain in the arse)
IKR? The SBR and even the regular Baja Reys are a giant PITA to wrench on too. And the battery trays suck pond water. I will say though, maybe the easiest rig to work on that I own is my DBXL-E. I love that flip up body!
What I was going to say. If you asked this about Traxxas vs arrma on the trx forum, you'd probably get blocked by everybody🤣🤣 and your post would be removed🤣
Dude, for having sold roughly seven gazillion cars, the Traxxas forum is the biggest snooze fest in the entire RC world. I gave up on it years ago. There were only one or two guys on there giving advice that even knew what they were doing. It’s laughable. I’d bet that if I went back on right now I’d still have questions in posts that have remained unanswered for years.
It‘s funny that the best Traxxas information I ever learned was on the Arrma forum! 😂 And seriously, the Arrma Forum is chock full of guys with a huge amount of experience. We have some legit experts here, and they really go out of their way to help people in the hobby even if you’re asking questions about another brand. Best. Forum. Ever.
So yeah, reason enough to buy an Arrma! 😂

I'm going to break this down to it's simplest form....because they are cool. :cool:

But I also feel sorry for anybody who doesn't experience more than one brand for themselves. But as far as starting out, I'm glad I bought an Arrma first.

My first was a nitro powered Kyosho Burns, ran that for ages until the con rod went.

Then i went a Traxxas Stampede..that went into a box and eventually sold it, and then i did up a truggy and decked it out with new electronics, it was a beast and i regret selling it..and then i fell in love with the Mojave which is still sitting in it's box the poor thing...and then realised the Infraction would be a better platform for what i really wanted.

Traxxas became stale in my eyes where ARRMA kind of re-kindled my love for rc cars.

If i didn't live in a small single bedroom house I would like to get a Limitless and also get the Mojave running because every now and then i would love to have an off-road bash...but road bashing is all i want to do now....he. :devilish:

Oh after watching Moirae's videos i would love one of those Rovans, they sound mad.

Anyway ARRMA FTW y'all! :love::geek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back