What are the reasons you would recommend ARRMA over another brand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you would say that it's primarily cost, ARRMA is a bit more affordable on the front end so that is why you choose them and why you might recommend them?

Bang for buck it is hard to beat Arrma right now, Corally is getting there but their plastics aren't as good and their US distributor does not do the best job at keeping things stocked, also not a lot of aftermarket support for them yet.

I say go buy a Traxxas or 3 like I did. Get frustrated with repair after repair and then their crap 90 day warranty vs 2 years. I sold all 3 with in 6 months and never looked back. So go waste money and time like I did. ;) Arrma isn't perfect but stand behind their products.

Arrma and Horizon Hobby have really spoiled us with their 2 year warranty outside of HH(not all HH brands offer a 2 year warranty), Team Corally and HPI Racing none of the other brands offer a 2 year warranty.

Redcat Racing = 1 year.
Ecx( a HH brand) - Horizon Hobby, LLC, (Horizon) warrants to the original purchaser that the product purchased (the “Product”) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the date of purchase.
Team Associated ????
Traxxas - 90 days.
Tamiya - 90 days.
Kyosho - 90 days.
Cen Racing - 30 days.
Hobao - 90 days.

Bang for buck it is hard to beat Arrma right now, Corally is getting there but their plastics aren't as good and their US distributor does not do the best job at keeping things stocked, also not a lot of aftermarket support for them yet.

Arrma and Horizon Hobby have really spoiled us with their 2 year warranty outside of HH(not all HH brands offer a 2 year warranty), Team Corally and HPI Racing none of the other brands offer a 2 year warranty.

Redcat Racing = 1 year.
Ecx( a HH brand) - Horizon Hobby, LLC, (Horizon) warrants to the original purchaser that the product purchased (the “Product”) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the date of purchase.
Team Associated ????
Traxxas - 90 days.
Tamiya - 90 days.
Kyosho - 90 days.
Cen Racing - 30 days.
Hobao - 90 days.
ECX warrantied a part on one of their crawlers like 30 days after purchase for me.

ECX warrantied a part on one of their crawlers like 30 days after purchase for me.

I've never had to warranty anything from my Ecx vehicles.

So you would say ARRMA offers more ability to mod and reconfigure, more customization over a Traxxas? But I get the feeling maybe this isn't every ARRMA model? I see the price differences between the models, does that translate to the parts as well?
I specifically said arrma '6S models', maybe expand it to blx models, but certainly don't go for any arrma mega models.
I'd say stay away from arrma entry models (below $300).

Starting on a tight budget? Go for some of the few, highly recomended 100$ chinese models and get hooked to the virus of RC. Or get the kit building experience of tamiya

Budget not a problem, go for a arrma kraton 6S, probably one of the best allround rc cars. Even when you own 15+ RC cars (like me), you will keep bringing it along to every bash.

Many arrma parts are interchangable and thus cost the same for every car. The car specific parts (ex. chassis, body, shocktowers,...) can be more pricy. Especially if they have a 'EXB' tag . But you gotta do extreme stuff to break expensive parts.

My reasoning for being an Arrma fan boy…..
Parts combatitbility…….and I’m used to the conventions of how they are put together.

I have a few Losi rigs now, but Arrma is my go to.

(worked on the Losi super rock Rey today……giant pain in the arse)

I specifically said arrma '6S models', maybe expand it to blx models, but certainly don't go for any arrma mega models.
I'd say stay away from arrma entry models (below $300).

Starting on a tight budget? Go for some of the few, highly recomended 100$ chinese models and get hooked to the virus of RC. Or get the kit building experience of tamiya

Budget not a problem, go for a arrma kraton 6S, probably one of the best allround rc cars. Even when you own 15+ RC cars (like me), you will keep bringing it along to every bash.

Many arrma parts are interchangable and thus cost the same for every car. The car specific parts (ex. chassis, body, shocktowers,...) can be more pricy. Especially if they have a 'EXB' tag . But you gotta do extreme stuff to break expensive parts.
What's wrong with the megas, or any of the lesser models!?🙄

I'd recommend Arrma over other brands for the simple fact parts are pretty much allways available,and they are very easy to work on ,and let's not forget durability 👍😁

Under ARRMA RC'S you've got Infraction instead of Felony. ;)
I don't know how to fix that. Oops my bad. I kinda feel dumb. With that said, the Felony is by far my favorite.

Honestly, this forum is a big reason to buy an arrma. No other brand-specific forum I've seen has nearly as open-minded users and is as active. You can find support here for just about any sort of repair on your truck, with lots of detailed walk throughs, guides, and tips/tricks. Plenty of modding and DIY support. Imagine having that kind of in-depth support for your 1:1, if hundreds of people could chime in with insight.

I know this isn't an arrma official website, but i'd say it's probably one of the best things going for it.

Honestly, this forum is a big reason to buy an arrma. No other brand-specific forum I've seen has nearly as open-minded users and is as active. You can find support here for just about any sort of repair on your truck, with lots of detailed walk throughs, guides, and tips/tricks. Plenty of modding and DIY support. Imagine having that kind of in-depth support for your 1:1, if hundreds of people could chime in with insight.

I know this isn't an arrma official website, but i'd say it's probably one of the best things going for it.
I toatly agree 👍 I don't know any other forum better than this one 🤷

What I was going to say. If you asked this about Traxxas vs arrma on the trx forum, you'd probably get blocked by everybody🤣🤣 and your post would be removed🤣

Their 6S component designs are universal and 1/7-1/8 scale is the dynamic sweet spot between performance/weight/durability on a race or bash RC.

You can literally build 9 different RTRs or create hybrids for one-off development.

I'll be honest, I use my Arrma's less and less these days as something stupid always seems to break and ruin a bash. With limited time to get out these days, 9 times out of 10 I'll grab the WideMaxx or XRT and leave the Outcast and Talion at home.

But saying that, when I do take them out I love how they drive, especially the Talion which is like a scalpel compared to the XRTs sledgehammer

I'll be honest, I use my Arrma's less and less these days as something stupid always seems to break and ruin a bash. With limited time to get out these days, 9 times out of 10 I'll grab the WideMaxx or XRT and leave the Outcast and Talion at home.

But saying that, when I do take them out I love how they drive, especially the Talion which is like a scalpel compared to the XRTs sledgehammer
i just had my kraton 8s which i've only driven a handful of times so far have two of the wheel nuts loosen and fall of when i was driving it. one instance the tire flew off, hit a parked car and few up 5-6 feet in the air and left a tire mark on the car.

i lost that nut so i'll get another one, and i did put loctite on the one before after it fell off. they were all mounted properly from the factory with the serrated side towards the tire.

my mini maxx has not had this happen and takes tons of beating. the back of the body is so horribly torn up and has so many sharp edges though.. but there is a new body in the closet.. sitting there.. waiting for it to be painted.. eventually..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back