What are the reasons you would recommend ARRMA over another brand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure I would recommend Arrma over another brand. The 6s rtr line I would recommend over say a TRX or Corally. I feel the the Arrma (v5 rtr) represents a better value than either of those brands in 6s.. I think that will likely change though when Arrma releases v6 exb rtr's. My guess is $800 cream puffs (Talion EXB RTR) is what we'll see🤷‍♂️ They'll be better (v6) I think, but many will miss the $500-$550 v5 rtr's.. I know I will.
Im Just waiting for those V5 rtr’s to come on one more sale before they go haha especially the Kraton.

Im Just waiting for those V5 rtr’s to come on one more sale before they go haha especially the Kraton.
@joostin420 just threw a couple up in the classifieds, $450!!! NIB!! 👍🤘😎😁🍻
I have a Hobbico era Outcast, while the plastics are different now I haven't noticed much if any difference in quality.
Good to know. I was outta the game during the pre HH years.. just that I've read here a few times of folks claiming things "were better back when.." some will say that about "anything" though..😂

Last edited:
I am considering different RC brands and was wondering how some of you all who seem to love ARRMA might answer this question: What are the reasons you would recommend ARRMA to a friend over another brand?

I am trying to understand what makes ARRMA special compared to maybe Traxxas or another RC brand. Thanks in advance.
I have corrally redcat and arrmas in my collection and I like them for many different reasons my drive for arrma I would say is they are still a younger company and newer company's have more drive to innovate traxxis has been around a long time so there drive to create when the already make proven models decresses innovation so its a two way street between old way verses new innovation vs wisdom and I love watching the growth of innovation assumed wisdom gives no room to grow
I have corrally redcat and arrmas in my collection and I like them for many different reasons my drive for arrma I would say is they are still a younger company and newer company's have more drive to innovate traxxis has been around a long time so there drive to create when the already make proven models decresses innovation so its a two way street between old way verses new innovation vs wisdom and I love watching the growth of innovation assumed wisdom gives no room to grow
Corally is made in Belgium high quality and making its voyage into American scene right now there 6s trucks are in the 4 hundreds as far as cost but they won't be that cheap long as they make a seat into American consumerism

Why? What makes ARRMA better?
I have a few pointers. Arrma has models ranging from moderately to insanely durable. Same with traxxas, but they all have their perks. Arrma has better warranty and customer service cuz Horizon hobby is over it. Traxxas has better diffs on their 3s models in my opinion. Arrma has crazy good plastic driveshafts on the 4s and 3s models that can last ages. Losi, Traxxas and arrma are all easy to work on usually. Arrma also has better electronics compared to many other brands. Traxxas usually can’t change many settings in the esc. When it comes to 6s and 8s be aware that metal chassis’s can bend. The Composite chassis’s don’t have that problem but things can be done to reduce the bending of Arrmas metal chassis’s. Also, a lot of traxxas, team Corally and arrma stuff can be found cheaper and in better bulk on Jennysrc.com

I have a few pointers. Arrma has models ranging from moderately to insanely durable. Same with traxxas, but they all have their perks. Arrma has better warranty and customer service cuz Horizon hobby is over it. Traxxas has better diffs on their 3s models in my opinion. Arrma has crazy good plastic driveshafts on the 4s and 3s models that can last ages. Losi, Traxxas and arrma are all easy to work on usually. Arrma also has better electronics compared to many other brands. Traxxas usually can’t change many settings in the esc. When it comes to 6s and 8s be aware that metal chassis’s can bend. The Composite chassis’s don’t have that problem but things can be done to reduce the bending of Arrmas metal chassis’s. Also, a lot of traxxas, team Corally and arrma stuff can be found cheaper and in better bulk on Jennysrc.com
I agree, I have destroyed the 3S driveshafts but they have been durable considering they are plastic.

Kyosho burns ftw!
Random info- did you know the inferno neo they sell today is actually an mp7.5 with some cheaper parts thrown at it?
I remember reading that on rctech I think it might have been on rc universe but either way one of those forums has a rather large thread about the Kyosho 1/8 Neo rtr buggy and truggy.

I remember reading that on rctech I think it might have been on rc universe but either way one of those forums has a rather large thread about the Kyosho 1/8 Neo rtr buggy and truggy.

They're actually really good buggies. Especially when they were at $350 rtr. I think they have gone up to 410? Crazy because the mp9 rtr is 499. I'd take the mp9 for the price difference. (I actually own both)

The neo uses plastic shocks, plastic spur, 2 spider gears diffs and no sway bars. They did all that to cheapen it (then raised the price).

I've got the neo but I've upgraded the diffs to the 4 gear, added sway bars and the steel spur. Still on the stock shocks but they are OK for what I use the buggy for. Otherwise it is an mp7.5 and all the upgrades work. Some mp777 parts fit.

20230730_000642.jpg

arrma's just seem to drive better the way there setup compared to the other makes I have. always feels much easier to drive one of my arrma cars after driving something else

They're actually really good buggies. Especially when they were at $350 rtr. I think they have gone up to 410? Crazy because the mp9 rtr is 499. I'd take the mp9 for the price difference. (I actually own both)

I feel bad, because the Neo 3.0 was $350 FOREVER AND EVER, then I made a video on it saying it was the best deal in RC, and then they raised the price $70. Coincidence? Well, they didn't change the price on anything else... 🤷‍♂️

I feel bad, because the Neo 3.0 was $350 FOREVER AND EVER, then I made a video on it saying it was the best deal in RC, and then they raised the price $70. Coincidence? Well, they didn't change the price on anything else... 🤷‍♂️

I know man I remember the timing of your video, it was like right after it. Now for the price difference I recommend the mp9. Better shocks, sway bars etc as well as being a newer more race supported platform for barely anymore then the neo. Its crazy.
You've got the mp9 also, havnt you?

The neo uses plastic shocks, plastic spur, 2 spider gears diffs and no sway bars. They did all that to cheapen it (then raised the price).

I've got the neo but I've upgraded the diffs to the 4 gear, added sway bars and the steel spur. Still on the stock shocks but they are OK for what I use the buggy for. Otherwise it is an mp7.5 and all the upgrades work. Some mp777 parts fit.

View attachment 314338

All the plastic and the Phillips screws are the main reasons I never bought a Neo. In that price range I still think the Hobao Hyper 7, Hyper SS and probably even the VS are a better deal out of the box. The Hyper 7 is just old as dirt, the SS and VS are getting up there as well. The new VS2 is rather expensive and their engines are a bit finicky I know razor rc and hybrid24789 or whatever his name is both had a tough time getting it started.

Last edited:
I know man I remember the timing of your video, it was like right after it. Now for the price difference I recommend the mp9. Better shocks, sway bars etc as well as being a newer more race supported platform for barely anymore then the neo. Its crazy.
You've got the mp9 also, havnt you?

Yeah I think the MP9 is a better value now. IMO, they should’ve kept the NEO to about $399.

All the plastic and the Phillips screws are the main reasons I never bought a Neo. In that price range I still think the Hobao Hyper 7, Hyper SS and probably even the VS are a better deal out of the box. The Hyper 7 is just old as dirt, the SS and VS are getting up there as well. The new VS2 is rather expensive and their engines are a bit finicky I know razor rc and hybrid24789 or whatever his name is both had a tough time getting it started.

For bashing around your probably right on the hyper 7. If not just purely because of replacement parts cost. You can get the hyper parts pretty cheap. Jrc even had the chassis for i think 7 bucks recently. Anything with inferno in the title is expensive to replace or upgrade. Really expensive.
The neo being an mp7.5 makes it a very old model also 😁
I always wanted an mp7.5 and couldn't at the time. It was kind of a dream rc when they were new, thats why I have and love the "neo".
Its slowly working up to mp7.5 specs 😅

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back