What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goin fishing w/ that?😆
Nope. This is the 3rd one that those died… awfully strange that the SRD ones don’t give me a problem… my CHNL don’t either.. I’m not going to use my onyx until next season… since it’s been cold and I want to break them in properly. Time to order more CHNLS

Thought I'd take the Budweiser Buggy for a rip between games, waiting for the turkey to get cool. Smashed into his mailbox post @ nearly full throttle😬 Looks like just a lower a arm & a shock standoff😁😆

20221124_150422.jpg

Thought I'd take the Budweiser Buggy for a rip between games, waiting for the turkey to get cool. Smashed into his mailbox post @ nearly full throttle😬 Looks like just a lower a arm & a shock standoff😁😆
Shouldn't have had all those beers beforehand! ;)

View attachment 258274
Jeezus brother, do we need a "What Did Josh Ludden Break Today?" thread?🤪
Shouldn't have had all those beers beforehand! ;)
But where's the fun in that? :LOL:

Man yer havin some luck there Josh! Ping me yer address and ah'll sort ye a skid plate stiffener thingy. Ah'm no under any illusions it'll prevent owt goin fully tits up, but it should keep ye rollin longer between rebuilds! 😄View attachment 258296
Yes dude!! I love your work 😍

View attachment 258274
Good God man this isn't a competition 🤣

Jeezus brother, do we need a "What Did Josh Ludden Break Today?" thread?🤪

But where's the fun in that? :LOL:
Do you REALLY bash bro??!!😍😆🤣
He’s gonna have to make you a crown! 👑
🤣😉🤙
Hey, they're arrma tough, but I'm a bit rougher than that!!🙃 I try to run something every day so the odds are definitely against me 😆🤪👍🤘

Broke the outdrive (Traxxas calls it a differential output yoke) on my Stampede today. Wasn’t even a big jump, darn it. Four feet of air tops, and a good four point landing. I think it’s the only spare part I don’t have. :sneaky:

View attachment 258314
The universe knows all.

View attachment 258274
Jesus man… has your luck ran out?!?! 😂
If you keep going you’re going to catch up with me!

Broke the outdrive (Traxxas calls it a differential output yoke) on my Stampede today. Wasn’t even a big jump, darn it. Four feet of air tops, and a good four point landing. I think it’s the only spare part I don’t have. :sneaky:

View attachment 258314
Go with the Hoss driveshafts, you will need to move the rear camber ljnks to the upper position on the shock tower and shave off a little bit of plastic from the shock tower to get them to work though.

IMG20221126141951.jpg

Broke rear bulk head on the old dbx, hit a curb, it did a flip and snapped, together with the 3d-printed body post, and esc mount.... Now it sits in the bathroom, drying a little before a teardown tonight. And wait for parts. LuckilyI found a local shop that had spares for this old thing.

Actually NOT me driving this time!!!😉😄 Got the Budweiser Buggy up & running, gave the controller to Jay w/ the throttle set @ 50%. He's really tentative still & ALL of his inputs are just too jabby/twitchy. Somehow got it pointed @ himself, pinned the throttle & being a combination of too fat/slow/buzzed he decleated himself, spun up into the air & plopped rather clumsily onto the ground!!!🤣😆🤣🤣 To add insult to injury (literally!) while he was lying on the ground, w/ both of us laughing hysterically, he hit the throttle again, this time reversing straight into his ass!!!😆😅😆🤣🤣😂🤣🤣 God, really wishing I had video!!! Good news, other than his shin, nothing else broken 😃👍🤘

20221126_164219.jpg

Actually NOT me driving this time!!!😉😄 Got the Budweiser Buggy up & running, gave the controller to Jay w/ the throttle set @ 50%. He's really tentative still & ALL of his inputs are just too jabby/twitchy. Somehow got it pointed @ himself, pinned the throttle & being a combination of too fat/slow/buzzed he decleated himself, spun up into the air & plopped rather clumsily onto the ground!!!🤣😆🤣🤣 To add insult to injury (literally!) while he was lying on the ground, w/ both of us laughing hysterically, he hit the throttle again, this time reversing straight into his ass!!!😆😅😆🤣🤣😂🤣🤣 God, really wishing I had video!!! Good news, other than his shin, nothing else broken 😃👍🤘

View attachment 258671
Poor guy! Don't know what would hurt more, the cut and bruise or pride...

Got to my favorite parking lot and was wondering why the FatRock wouldn't wheelie. Did a test hit and only ran a top speed of 52 mph. Brought the car back up to me and noticed only the front wheels were being driven. My guess is the gasket failed (you can see it in the background of the first pic), so it leaked fluid taking out the center bearing in the diff which of course, took out the rest of the diff. Oddly, the plastic input and crown gears were still fine after a ton of abuse.

I've got a 4s metal geared diff on the way.

IMG_5529.JPG

IMG_5530.JPG

Back