What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tekno tough always wins?
Lol. It hit at probably 20-30mph. Square on left arm/wheel. Shattered inner hinge pin, sheared the ear off shock tower as well as the stand off and finally camber link rod end. Arm is egged a bit but still keep around for a spare. That’s all the damage. Not bad considering. I’m surprised the diff case shock and drive shaft survived :)

no vehicle would have survived. It was quite hilarious thinking back on it now. Wish I caught it on camera lol

Took the K6s out for a test spin after the chassis swap and some wheelies broke the wing mount the rest of the way it was halfway cracked already though. Man think it's been a good few months at least though it's lasted so not too bad
IMG_20210325_190857556.jpg

My spoiler....First official run of the Senton S6 ended disastrous due to a very rookie mistake. Forgot to tighten horn/bellcrank link. But man...she flew.
Maiden run hit 68 mph, and was still gaining at just under 400 feet...and cartwheeled maybe 50-70 feet..
And I couldn't be happier! Only thing broken was the spoiler! Shame all the paint came off, took alot of work
20210325_223734.jpg

20210325_220131.jpg

20210326_093941.jpg

E-revo 2.0 driveshaft and front lower typhon a-arm... took a damn huge amount of abuse to finally bust a typhon arm, that rig is nearly indestructable..

View attachment 134842
E-revo 2.0 driveshaft and front lower typhon a-arm... took a damn huge amount of abuse to finally bust a typhon arm, that rig is nearly indestructable..
Dude. Snapped and splintered. That's a deluxe edition driveshaft break. You get the "what did you break today" break of the month award. This thread officially needs a sticky @WoodiE @Mr.Duke and @slick2500
lt04027254_quantized.png

I was not aware that metal could splinter like wood. That's a new achievement.
That's why he got the prize. That baby was bent way before it broke. Must have been whaling like a skipping rope before it snapped.

Ok what did I brake today
Notorious
Front diff again busted upper front wishbone rear lower arm
I am not gonna mention body as this getting destroyed every day
Typhon generally destroyed completely in the process of rebuild
Infraction doesn't get abuse only low range speedruns around 100mph

View attachment 134640
Nothing yet...lol

Dude. Snapped and splintered. That's a deluxe edition driveshaft break. You get the "what did you break today" break of the month award. This thread officially needs a sticky @WoodiE @Mr.Duke and @slick2500
View attachment 134843
hahaha holey moley, I'm flattered and can start the weekend in peace and contentment now :D. Off to planning next month's breakages while framing this certificate and putting it onto my wall. Thank you very much! :LOL:

I was not aware that metal could splinter like wood. That's a new achievement.
I've had a few look that way when they broke from my savage's. The center shafts on those things are tiny compared to the big beefy ones to the wheels on the later models. I break them often enough that I carry a few spares in my pit bag... although, haven't driven my flux in over a year... so the axles have been holding up really well!

I've had a few look that way when they broke from my savage's. The center shafts on those things are tiny compared to the big beefy ones to the wheels on the later models. I break them often enough that I carry a few spares in my pit bag... although, haven't driven my flux in over a year... so the axles have been holding up really well!
Haha yea. Reducing mileage has the side effect of reducing wear for sure. It's odd how that works.

Keep trying my friend. There's always next month. Little tip between you and me. Try to keep the really bad ones posted around the end of the month. I'm old and can only remember what I saw two hours ago.

The "what did you buy" thread is great, but after my last run, I felt a spot to tell what you broke might be fun. This list comes after only the second full run with the new Notorious. After things got too ugly, I brought it in and removed the broken wing mounts, shaved them, and reattached the wheelie bar in a stubby style, so the body takes a little less abuse. The body is cracked in a couple of places, but some drywall tape and Goop should help keep it around for a while. Along with that, rear body mounts, wing and a slight bend in the rear shock tower.
Whoops...

16167811452833027089828047243290.jpg

Ok what did I brake today
Notorious
Front diff again busted upper front wishbone rear lower arm
I am not gonna mention body as this getting destroyed every day
Ok I was sure you were going to nail that tree....

That said - I counted about 6 times you did something I would expect to break a diff. Landing on power, landing on full brake, trying to self-right... all tough on the diffs. If you are going to do that stuff I would look at going to EXB diffs, but even then...

Keep trying my friend. There's always next month. Little tip between you and me. Try to keep the really bad ones posted around the end of the month. I'm old and can only remember what I saw two hours ago.
I love your idea of break of the month. Should add a miracle of the month too. My 6s crash was so spectacular, and I was so pissed I didn't catch it on video, that I'm going to buy a GoPro to ensure I never missed another! Can't believe I only broke the spoiler. But I DO have better reinforcing on my body than Mad Max had on his car.

Back