What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got out today for a little Sunday bash with another member. Took the Kraton EXB, K8, and O6S. The only one that came home without damage was the K8.

O6S - Ecoboost servo done and T-bone bumper busted

Kraton EXB - snapped the wing off, the ripped the rear tower out of the diff case 🤷‍♂️

Had some fun though! (y) :ROFLMAO:

BC80A350-483A-46E7-AEAA-48EF4AAD78EB.jpeg

FDB6FA8D-CA8B-494F-BE33-391D30CDF0A0.jpeg

27A99525-1BD2-4D51-BBA2-7C8EC07931B8.jpeg

350AA68D-AA36-4FF9-B917-A40D9DAC8305.jpeg

Last edited:
Another bad rear-end landing and wingmounts are still ok. Rods were bend a little but took 30s to straighten it all back out. No lasting damage.
This one was bad enough to poke a hole into the wing. Without support it would have been busted as usual.

20210307_115035.jpg

20210307_115011.jpg

110mph😜 and even got told good luck from one of the local CHP's (California Highway Patrol, for those of you non Californians 😂)on breaking my PB was awesome! Almost wanted ask him to clock me on his radar 😂 but anyways didn't break my 112mph PB but got the rig going straight as an arrow consistently at 110-111 😁

The only one that came home without damage was the K8.

Kraton EXB - snapped the wing off, the ripped the rear tower out of the diff case 🤷‍♂️

Had some fun though! (y) :ROFLMAO:
Well that's a bonus to hear about the K8 no clips removing themselves..!!👍🏼

As for the rear tower, go look at my build thread to see what I do with towers #13 have a look at the last pic 😎👍🏼

Well that's a bonus to hear about the K8 no clips removing themselves..!!👍🏼

As for the rear tower, go look at my build thread to see what I do with towers #13 have a look at the last pic 😎👍🏼
Thanks @BashingBrian👍🏼 That’s what I was actually thinking of doing. Probably need a new gearbox case though. I messed this one up pretty good. EXB tower is slightly bent too!🤑

Cracked a homemade rear bumper/skid for my ERBEv2 this weekend. Also something odd going on between the motor/spur in my stampede 4x4. The motor moved on a hard flat landing at the skate park. I moved it back, then had a weird whine show up a few times. Guessing the spur got chewed up. I have a steel one to replace it... need to bump the center diff oil up to 1M anyway, 750K still wasn't enough to calm the front unloading down.

Ugh damnit! Just bought new Mojave arms for the TyphCast and snapped another rear A arm second pack playing on the track in progress. Think I'm going to go to the K6s arms and driveshafts as the Mojave arms don't allow chassis slap at all with the backflip LP's. Now just need a front turnnbuckle and front driveshaft for the K6s to do it.
IMG_20210320_155404447.jpg

Another rear exb arm broke at the hinge pin. I really need to stop cart wheeling this thing. Lol
View attachment 132996View attachment 132997
EXB arms are too brittle. Spoke to many who have one and they all seem to fail in the same place. Could be the plastic they use now, but definitely a weak point. Gonna switch to RPM when my EXB spares run out. Will need to switch the sway bar to the original. EXB and V5 use a shorter sway bar.

EXB arms are too brittle. Spoke to many who have one and they all seem to fail in the same place. Could be the plastic they use now, but definitely a weak point. Gonna switch to RPM when my EXB spares run out. Will need to switch the sway bar to the original. EXB and V5 use a shorter sway bar.
Also will need the v4 shock pins as they are longer on the EXB arms👍

Back