What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oopsies
20210323_141311.jpg

doesn't surprise me with the spektrum servo. Imo they shud be used as a spare🤷‍♂️
The sad thing is that I didn't even hit the servo. So I made a little rc crawling track out of the remains of that one time my dad drove around in mud season, anyways the axial was on top of a rock and I hammered the throttle domn in an attempt to get front end lift so that I would land flat on the rock 1 foot down... I hit the steering link with the wheel fully cranked to the left......

Doesn't surprise me. The spline output shaft is made out of Brass Monkey metal. I can't remember the last servo I ever saw with that. Maybe it was 20 years ago? Old school servos maybe? Spektrum servos suck. Not to hurt anyone's feelings.;)

By all means, the servo brass shouldn't snap but on other servos you might just burn out the motor or damage the gears.
Not impressed at all with the Spektrum servo that comes stock.

I see a problem with a servo's Metal output gear shaft snapping off, when in reality the Servo Saver should have been enough to prevent that in the first place. 🤷‍♂️ Seems Spektrum is purposely using undersized servos in the wrong application with heavy rigs and MT wheels for Bashing use. These servos belong in smaller and lighter 1/10 rigs. Less than 4 pounds with 1/10 buggy wheels and smaller.
The only ones I have ever cracked were old school plastic nylon output gears snapping. Many years ago.

Good point but I have a feeling the servo saver isn't set correctly or locked up for the crawler.
^^^ Good point, It's s a Crawler and they don't have a servo saver to begin with. Just an arm. All Crawlers. You can't Crawl with them. You can't navigate rocks etc. That's why Crawler guys like those$ Reefs 555$ servos. And run separate BECs for some of them.

Bec? Is that the tiny half inch servo?

Battery Eliminator Circuit. It’s the stepped down 6v-8v circuit the ESC provides to run your receiver, servo, and fans which can’t run on the full voltage your lipo puts out. A very powerful servo will take a higher voltage than the BEC circuit most ESCs provide, and they will draw more amps than the BEC circuit may be able to handle. Running a separate BEC powered from your main battery leads can provide higher voltage and more current to a good servo and avoid browning out the ESC’s BEC circuit when the servo is under heavy load.

Ok what did I brake today
Notorious
Front diff again busted upper front wishbone rear lower arm
I am not gonna mention body as this getting destroyed every day
Typhon generally destroyed completely in the process of rebuild
Infraction doesn't get abuse only low range speedruns around 100mph

IMG-20210325-WA0007.jpeg

Back