What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a new bumper frame. Didn't last long. Luckily I have 2 ordered from 3d-rc. Hopefully they last longer than OG part.

20221214_120529.jpg

That was a new bumper frame. Didn't last long. Luckily I have 2 ordered from 3d-rc. Hopefully they last longer than OG part.

View attachment 262565

Yeah that part is like glass. I feel kind of mixed with the 3DRC one, it didn't really break but it ripped. Looks like old leather or Vinyl that is weather aged.

1670994415913.jpeg

Evidently did not fix the frayed wires on my charger properly as they pulled out again!! Went to Lowes and got some terminal wire connectors. All seems good now but to late in the day to run. Day 12 of not running my new senton, but as they say, " the sun will come up tomorrow".;)

IMG_20221214_163106872.jpg

Evidently did not fix the frayed wires on my charger properly as they pulled out again!! Went to Lowes and got some terminal wire connectors. All seems good now but to late in the day to run. Day 12 of not running my new senton, but as they say, " the sun will come up tomorrow".;)

View attachment 262652
Phhheeewww...12 days?! Gotta have my daily fix at this point. 😬

The gear that come out of my motor cane out. Does anyone know what could of happened ? This is the 3rd time I've ever ran my Kraton. I don't have time to break it down to find the root cause.
Do you mean the pinion gear keeps coming loose. If thats it then just use locktite. Blue.

Well arrma fam, there was some carnage from today's swamp buggy bashing. Blew 3 of the 4 tires off the inside of my mojave knock-offs & one of the foams just disappeared/disintegrated?😄 Might be time to retire this set, they've served me well. Broke 1 of the wing mount bolts flush w/ the shock tower again, even though I drilled & tapped it for a bigger one (m4?)🤕😡 Also managed to stretch/deform all 4 of the pills in the rear suspension blocks. I'm kinda regretting putting these tlr blocks in this basher, thinking I'll probably take the ones on the Toe Cutter (plain aluminum gpm) & swap them out w/ the tlr's. I don't need the adjustability for bashing but I could use it more in the speed runner. Last & probably least I broke one of the sway bar end thingies 😁🤷‍♂️😆

20221214_165134.jpg

20221214_205330.jpg

20221214_205437.jpg

20221214_205943.jpg

I guess this is what a shredded ball bearing looks like? Wheel is completely locked and driveshaft has come loose from outdrive.

Dumb thing is I replaced stock bearings with JimsBearings thinking I was “upgrading”.
Plus bearing is almost new. 🤕

What else could have caused this other that bad bearing? Wasn’t running OC real hard and grass wasn’t too deep… 🤷🏼‍♂️

View attachment 259239
Check for bent cv? The slightest bent can wreck a bearing pretty quickly.

Check for bent cv? The slightest bent can wreck a bearing pretty quickly.
Wow. Thanks for the tip, hadn’t thought about that. Took it out for a run after replacing the bearing and it didn’t shred, so I’m thinking all is well in CV land.
Well arrma fam, there was some carnage from today's swamp buggy bashing. Blew 3 of the 4 tires off the inside of my mojave knock-offs & one of the foams just disappeared/disintegrated?😄 Might be time to retire this set, they've served me well. Broke 1 of the wing mount bolts flush w/ the shock tower again, even though I drilled & tapped it for a bigger one (m4?)🤕😡 Also managed to stretch/deform all 4 of the pills in the rear suspension blocks. I'm kinda regretting putting these tlr blocks in this basher, thinking I'll probably take the ones on the Toe Cutter (plain aluminum gpm) & swap them out w/ the tlr's. I don't need the adjustability for bashing but I could use it more in the speed runner. Last & probably least I broke one of the sway bar end thingies 😁🤷‍♂️😆

View attachment 262716

View attachment 262717

View attachment 262718

View attachment 262719
Is there anyway I can block your posts? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: JK
Your perseverance and resilience are inspiring and admirable, but seeing the carnage is always painful. :cry:🤕

Last edited:
Wow. Thanks for the tip, hadn’t thought about that. Took it out for a run after replacing the bearing and it didn’t shred, so I’m thinking all is well in CV land.

Is there anyway I can block your posts? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: JK
Your perseverance and resilience are inspiring and admirable, but seeing the carnage is always painful. :cry:🤕
Believe me, I don't like breaking stuff but my driving "style" may lend itself to those consequences! Good thing I don't mind wrenching 😉😆

And here's a Christmas bonus for you all. Along with the coveted certificate, I will award the winner with one set of @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts of their choice. Shipping is on me too, no matter where you are in the world. The rules, cause you know we need rules, are this:

-The damage has to be current to the month of December. Please don't be that person who finds a pic from earlier on and posts it for a prize. I'm going to say I'm using the honor system here, but if I think somethings fishy, I'll make you email the original photo with it's time stamp. So please don't make a $20 prize giveaway turn into a fiasco where I have to cancel the whole thing. @joshludden already got a set in November, so he's going to keep posting but will not be included in the final for this month. That means that the rest of you have a chance.
-There has to be photos. A lot of people post about the damage, but forget to include photos. It's all about the visuals in this thread gang. Videos are always appreciated too, but not a requirement.
-There are no extra marks for personal injury, so don't go injuring yourselves hoping for a prize. By all means, post if you do, but it doesn't count towards a victory.
-This is all for fun, and as much as we all love those @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts, don't wreck your rides on purpose. This thread was intended to be a place where we could share some of the crap that happens each month, and basically helps you vent some of the frustration. I wreck way less now and happy to say so. Yes, there's still some brutal crashes that happen, but I'm a lot more careful about my "send it" structure now, and like having my rides ready to go at anytime. You should too.
-The winner will be chosen by me on December 31st and we will try to get those wing mounts out to the winner soon after.

So get out there and bash if you dare. Baby it's cold outside, and that means the plastic is a little more brittle, and the parts like to snap a little more easily. Snow can be a killer too, so keep an eye on those expensive electronics. I'll be hammering away through the winter months myself, so hopefully, I'll be adding to the action too.

Good luck everyone. The "WDYBT" Christmas contest is officially open!
Bumpity bump for those who don't know

Back