What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broke the wing.. damn 6s.. And the pillow ball I tried to tighten it this morning but the threads were stripped already.. someone who assembled this stripped it out and now I have to pay for a new A-Arm...

This is the EXACT same thing that happened with my Revo 2.0 . . . Da fiddlestick is it with people putting these together and stripping out the threads in the plastic. . . UGH!

Attachments

• DSCN0086.JPG
    DSCN0086.JPG
    415.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN0089.JPG
    DSCN0089.JPG
    438.7 KB · Views: 42
Broke the wing.. damn 6s.. And the pillow ball I tried to tighten it this morning but the threads were stripped already.. someone who assembled this stripped it out and now I have to pay for a new A-Arm...

This is the EXACT same thing that happened with my Revo 2.0 . . . Da fiddlestick is it with people putting these together and stripping out the threads in the plastic. . . UGH!
The cold is rough on the plastic. I noticed you have your rc in a tub. I’m guessing your waiting for the snow to melt if so I recommend get a compressor and blow off all the snow and standing water or else say bye bye to your bearings

The cold is rough on the plastic. I noticed you have your rc in a tub. I’m guessing your waiting for the snow to melt if so I recommend get a compressor and blow off all the snow and standing water or else say bye bye to your bearings

Got 30$ worth of sealed bearings coming had planned on replacing them all

And yeah cold sucks but its not even cold today is over 40 and melting snow.. This was stripped long before I took it outside as I said I went to tighten it down this morning and the threads were stripped, pulled its self free after a few jumps.. No biggie cheap fix. Just annoying.

Threaded the pillow ball back in, 1 jump and the damn thing came flying out completely... Next up locktite and if that don't hold then i'll replace the upper arm.

Anyone got any suggestions for limiting straps or anything?

Seriously thinking 6s maybe too much power for my taste and i'll go back to 4s I like the handling a lot better and less prone to breaking poop lol

Threaded the pillow ball back in, 1 jump and the damn thing came flying out completely... Next up locktite and if that don't hold then i'll replace the upper arm.

Seriously thinking 6s maybe too much power for my taste and i'll go back to 4s I like the handling a lot better and less prone to breaking poop lol

I'm just curious if you have set your dropped screws are all. Not that it would prevent the pillow ball from popping off. And 6s can be pretty violent in these trucks. Maybe find a happy medium by going 4s and gearing up a bit.

I'm just curious if you have set your dropped screws are all. Not that it would prevent the pillow ball from popping off. And 6s can be pretty violent in these trucks. Maybe find a happy medium by going 4s and gearing up a bit.

Bout the only thing I really set was the servo saver tightened that up, Not messed with the Droop screws naa. But yeah I think imma stick with 4S and save my 3s batterys for my bigrock. 4S was plenty fast enough and still did wheelies but not out of control wheelies like 6s is doing lol

Bout the only thing I really set was the servo saver tightened that up, Not messed with the Droop screws naa. But yeah I think imma stick with 4S and save my 3s batterys for my bigrock. 4S was plenty fast enough and still did wheelies but not out of control wheelies like 6s is doing lol

You might want to check the drop screws. It will help keep your shocks from over extending. I set mine so that I have to compress the shock just a tiny bit to get the screw back in the bottom shock eyelet. If you need further explanation let me know ?

You might want to check the drop screws. It will help keep your shocks from over extending. I set mine so that I have to compress the shock just a tiny bit to get the screw back in the bottom shock eyelet. If you need further explanation let me know ?

yeah I think some visual aids might help lol

Loctite does nothing between metal and plastic. Try some CA glue that you use for your tires. Pour it in the hole or on the pillow ball shaft. Might not be permanent, but should keep you going. It's worked for screws on the bottom of my Slash, when waiting for a new bulkhead.

The droop screw is on the A-arm near the body. If you lift the A-arm up you'll see the screw sticks out below. There is a metal tab that sticks out from the chassis that the screw hits to stop travel.

aarm.png

^^ how tight should it be??

Loctite does nothing between metal and plastic. Try some CA glue that you use for your tires. Pour it in the hole or on the pillow ball shaft. Might not be permanent, but should keep you going. It's worked for screws on the bottom of my Slash, when waiting for a new bulkhead.

If it comes out again CA glue was next on my list lol

fiddlestick... upon looking for that droop screw I noticed my dog bone had come out of its socket as well...…………………...

so not in the mood to deal with this poop tonight i'll fix it in the morning when I've had my kratom and im in a better mood...

^^ how tight should it be??

I think pretty much just enough to prevent full extension of the shocks. I don't have much experience yet, so someone else might have better insight as to what is "right". I think my screws have about 3 or 4 threads exposed at the bottom.

I think pretty much just enough to prevent full extension of the shocks. I don't have much experience yet, so someone else might have better insight as to what is "right". I think my screws have about 3 or 4 threads exposed at the bottom.

Mine as AT LEAST that much exposed, Not even sure how imma get to the damn screw without taking 1/2 the suspension off....

and the dog bone fell out so I gotta put that back in too.. I'll just take it all apart tomorrow and CA glue the thread back in place..

Thanks guys imma bounce and go relax playing some BF5

cold weather is the worst on the plastic... normal crashes that you walk away from in summer end up breaking multiple things in fall/winter...

I am able to get at the screw from the top with my hex driver without taking apart the suspension. I am running RPM A-arms, so not sure if the same is true with stock A-arms. Even if you do have to tear the suspension apart, it's very easy.

I am able to get at the screw from the top with my hex driver without taking apart the suspension. I am running RPM A-arms, so not sure if the same is true with stock A-arms. Even if you do have to tear the suspension apart, it's very easy.

Dunno there seems to be everything in the way lol

lol.. i was able to get to them on the stock ones with a long hex driver... i have rpm now also so couldnt say how..

I think I still have my stock upper A-arm, I'll compare it to the RPM when I get home and I can take a picture of how I thread the driver in if it's the same.

I think I still have my stock upper A-arm, I'll compare it to the RPM when I get home and I can take a picture of how I thread the driver in if it's the same.

You can get at them on the stock arms. You just need a hex driver.

Back