What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed it is, funny thing is I’d decided about 10 mins before snapping the chassis I need to upgrade to the 6s Kraton. Just love these trucks!
And I’ve just sold my 2 remaining traxxas slash (no hate- I’m just Arrma 100%) Valentino Rossi edition and my brushed erevo ..... the good lads at LHS bought my Valentino edition and now I got a v4 Kraton en route......

Shock end broke on a bad cartwheel on my Kraton, still getting the hang of getting air on 6S!
20190917_172343.jpg

Sorry if daft question but, these Tekno ones will be fine on v4 shocks?
Cheers

Edit: Sorry this is for @dirrty , I clicked on Quote on your post but for reason unknown your post isnt' being quoted in my reply,

Sorry if daft question but, these Tekno ones will be fine on v4 shocks?
Cheers

Edit: Sorry this is for @dirrty , I clicked on Quote on your post but for reason unknown your post isnt' being quoted in my reply,
To quote you have to highlight what you're quoting. If you want the post to be copied, so you could reply, just hit reply.

To answer your question, yes, they'll work fine on the V4 shocks. Just remember to get the shock rod ends and the ball set. Cheers.

To quote you have to highlight what you're quoting. If you want the post to be copied, so you could reply, just hit reply.

To answer your question, yes, they'll work fine on the V4 shocks. Just remember to get the shock rod ends and the ball set. Cheers.
Excellent! Thanks for your help both with posting quotes and on the rod ends!
Cheers

@StChalky.. I see your in the UK, if your after Tekno bits these are the guys to go to..??https://www.rprcdistribution.com

AR330338 if you want standard Arrma part..??
Thanks for the link to RPC. Ordered the standard part yesterday morning to arrive today so I can get in a bash tomorrow, but if another end goes soon I'll get the Tekno ones from RPC, great to see there's a UK supplier, I was expecting them to be an import jobby
Cheers

@StChalky ..
Really great guy at RPC, I often bug him about Tekno upgrades on Arrma's, it's funny because he seems to know all what fits Arrma's ??
and they don't sell Arrma at all..!! They are pure racers..?

@StChalky ..
Really great guy at RPC, I often bug him about Tekno upgrades on Arrma's, it's funny because he seems to know all what fits Arrma's ??
and they don't sell Arrma at all..!! They are pure racers..?
Lol, soon as I read that the old R Whites, "secret lemonade drinker" advert sprung into my head, maybe he has got a secret cupboard full of Arrmas ?

@Notorious J ... What happened, did it catch fire, truck ok..??
It started smoking and I did the stupid thing which was rip off the body and separate the battery. Luckily it didn't catch fire and except for the broken piece from the center dif and a fried battery tray, everything else is okay. The tray broke free earlier in the run and I tried fastening it with some washers under the nuts that I've been using to hold it in. Broke free a second time, but must have rattled pretty hard before I noticed.I "Hello Jenny's, it's Johnny again. Yeah I know I just ordered a bunch of stuff Ted, but you see, I have a little problem".

@Notorious J ... That was a close call you did the right thing be it a bit stupid ? you unplugged it and saved your truck..??

I would have probably done the same thing..

You see that part of the battery tray with the sticky up bit that goes to cover the spur, well that part punched a big dent in my battery..?

20190919_133846.jpeg

@Notorious J ... That was a close call you did the right thing be it a bit stupid ? you unplugged it and saved your truck..??

I would have probably done the same thing..

You see that part of the battery tray with the sticky up bit that goes to cover the spur, well that part punched a big dent in my battery..?

View attachment 48773
When things cool down and I take the battery out of the lipo bag, I'll look to see if that's what happened. Saw your post on wrapping the battery and also wondered if it might have helped. Doubt it though. Soft cases are prone to this kind of thing, especially if your doing big air and not always landing it. Like me today. Doh!

It started smoking and I did the stupid thing which was rip off the body and separate the battery. Luckily it didn't catch fire and except for the broken piece from the center dif and a fried battery tray, everything else is okay. The tray broke free earlier in the run and I tried fastening it with some washers under the nuts that I've been using to hold it in. Broke free a second time, but must have rattled pretty hard before I noticed.I "Hello Jenny's, it's Johnny again. Yeah I know I just ordered a bunch of stuff Ted, but you see, I have a little problem".

That was close, good save. We all do stupid things when our babies are in trouble. (y)

Back