What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• IMG-20200127-WA0044.jpg
    IMG-20200127-WA0044.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG-20200127-WA0045.jpg
    IMG-20200127-WA0045.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 48
Wow... I was surprised to see it. Sent this photo to the shop and guys told that shock tower from the photo is one for Talion v3 and Russian towers are different. I will attach the picture they gave me.

Please tell me if you bought those Russian towers from here? https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-titani...9?pageci=590301fd-fd59-404c-93a9-a0ebe2f32bd2
It's Russian and for a Talion your right. I'm not sure if I got it from you if that's your shop? The guy i got them from over a year ago doesn't make them anymore as I can't find him. Stress not about it please as I know they are really tough. I couldn't beat it straight like aluminium towers I've bent so it must be good. Hit anything at that speed it's probably going to bent or break trust me.

Went to a skate park yesterday to run the Noto, but the servo horn slipped and stripped. No biggie. Decided to take the T3 out and had a blast. Front right and rear left arms got busted, but when you see how I was jumping around, it's a surprise that's all that broke. Front arm damage wasn't enough to stop it. Rear one was total separation. The 3s is actually a very durable truck. I expect to break stuff at a skate park, but just a couple of arms, that's pretty amazing. And fyi for all the doubters and haters. My chassis repair has held up very well. I've been ripping through and over snow banks, jumping a new homemade ramp, and now completed a full skate park bash. Still holding without issue.
Well a lot happened since this morning. If you rate smiles per damaged item, then I got my money's worth
IMG_20200129_135606_283.jpg
IMG_20200129_135606_282.jpg
20200129_130042.jpg
20200129_135102.jpg
20191030_223436.jpg
20191030_223327.jpg

Last edited:
Went to a skate park yesterday to run the Noto, but the servo horn slipped and stripped. No biggie. Decided to take the T3 out and had a blast. Front right and rear left arms got busted, but when you see how I was jumping around, it's a surprise that's all that broke. Front arm damage wasn't enough to stop it. Rear one was total separation. The 3s is actually a very durable truck. I expect to break stuff at a skate park, but just a couple of arms, that's pretty amazing. And fyi for all the doubters and haters. My chassis repair has held up very well. I've been ripping through and over snow banks, jumping a new homemade ramp, and now completed a full skate park bash. Still holding without issue.
Well a lot happened since this morning. If you rate smiles per damaged item, then I got my money's worthView attachment 63013View attachment 63014View attachment 63015View attachment 63016View attachment 63011View attachment 63012
Where is the front shock tower and why is there a metal plate attached to the shocks?

Where is the front shock tower and why is there a metal plate attached to the shocks?
Tower snapped on an upside down landing on concrete. Hit lvc on the way up the jump. Metal brace is made from cutting down a 6s tower.
20200106_120857.jpg

Interesting... the response I got wasn't nearly as friendly, and they've made it clear that this is a one time exception. I feel like they misunderstood my explanation and photos of cracked wheels:
Update on the cracked wheel... Horizon Hobby came through big time. They sent me not one, not 2, but 4 (2 sets) of dBoots Copperheads mounted on rims. Talk about going above and beyond!
20200131_111419_HDR.jpg

Well a lot happened since this morning. If you rate smiles per damaged item, then I got my money's worthView attachment 63013View attachment 63014View attachment 63015View attachment 63016View attachment 63011View attachment 63012
I had a t bone skid plate that seemed to work good. I can’t find the damn thing now. I’m thinking of ordering some more.

Update on the cracked wheel... Horizon Hobby came through big time. They sent me not one, not 2, but 4 (2 sets) of dBoots Copperheads mounted on rims. Talk about going above and beyond! View attachment 63248
Maybe @bicketybam should shoot them an email after his 8S shenanigans recently!

TLDR - my ESC.

Put my new center diff with 200k fluid in today. While I had the motor out I put the hobbywing fan and heatsink in. Put a freshly charged battery in to test it out.

Made a couple passes on the street in front of my house when suddenly while on the throttle the truck stopped. I had steering, so I immediately thought a motor wire had come disconnected.

Brought it in the garage and all wires were connected. Had the dreaded ESC blinking green 4 times. Googled it. Replaced batteries in transmitter, tried to do a resink, reset, disconnect and reconnect motor wires, tried a different battery, all giving same result.

Called Arrma, new ESC coming in 2-4 business days.

Back