What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cheapest break yet ?. Broken GPM Turnbuckle end. Replaced with Tekno ends.

My first and only Youtube vid. Show me some love y'all, don't forget to like and subscribe. I promise more carnage to come. I brake it on every run??. THX

I broke both left side wheels on my Kraton 8S. I'm calling HH tomorrow for warranty.
20200120_182906.jpg
20200120_182911.jpg

I'm curious to hear how that goes. I cracked a stock wheel on a 6S doing nothing at all crazy... Is this typically something that they would warranty?

And, would venting tires violate a warranty claim on a wheel?

Last edited:
I'm curious to hear how that goes. I cracked a stock wheel on a 6S doing nothing at all crazy... Is this typically something that they would warranty?
Well I had the same issue with my Super Rock Rey last winter. I must have broke 5 wheels bashing in the cold. HH warrantied all of them for me so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with these. I'll keep you posted.

Well I had the same issue with my Super Rock Rey last winter. I must have broke 5 wheels bashing in the cold. HH warrantied all of them for me so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with these. I'll keep you posted.
That's great to hear... Sounds like they have good customer service. What is your preferred method to contact them?

That's great to hear... Sounds like they have good customer service. What is your preferred method to contact them?
Phone. Definitely phone.

If you use the email address listed on their site, be sure to limit attachments and keep file size as small as possible. Anything over a certain size goes straight to their junk mail folder. I had this issue in the past. Since reducing the photo size and limiting it to just two photos, one of the damaged part and one of proof of purchase, I have had them reply within one week on a regular basis.

And, would venting tires violate a warranty claim on a wheel?
I called this morning at 10:30 EST. I was put on hold and then given the option for a callback, which I opted for. 20 minutes later I got a call from a woman named Alisha. I explained the issue and she said she would send me an email requesting a copy of my receipt and pictures of the tires. I received the email within 5 minutes. I replied about 30 minutes later and not long ago I received notification that 2 new tires will be sent out to me free of charge ???
20200121_115536.jpg

I called this morning at 10:30 EST. I was on hold and then given the option for a callback, which I opted for. 20 minutes later I got a call from a woman named Alisha. I explained the issue and she said she would send me an email requesting a copy of my receipt and pictures of the tires. I received the email with 5 minutes. I replied about 30 minutes after and not long ago I received notification that 2 new tires will be sent out to me free of charge ???
View attachment 61826
As in Da Ali G?

023C24A3-4B3E-4FE4-8CA9-16CE017F1B15.jpeg

After a couple of good days of hard bashing in the snow, couple of things needed attention. Savox servo locked up and took the Tactic receiver and an esc with it. Took the radio out of the Typhon 6s, a 15kg Arrma servo I had lying around, and an esc that i thought was dead, but somehow came back to life, and put them in. Also swapped out the rear dif with one of two built ones I keep I my tool kit. Large sun gear and cross pin were in pieces. Already rebuilt that one and put it in the tool box. Final damage was a pretty bent front cvd shaft, but had a spare of that too. Hoping to make this the third day in a row for sending the Noto off snow banks. New Flysky GT5 still sitting in customs, so not worried about the radio in the Typhon.

After a couple of good days of hard bashing in the snow, couple of things needed attention. Savox servo locked up and took the Tactic receiver and an esc with it. Took the radio out of the Typhon 6s, a 15kg Arrma servo I had lying around, and an esc that i thought was dead, but somehow came back to life, and put them in. Also swapped out the rear dif with one of two built ones I keep I my tool kit. Large sun gear and cross pin were in pieces. Already rebuilt that one and put it in the tool box. Final damage was a pretty bent front cvd shaft, but had a spare of that too. Hoping to make this the third day in a row for sending the Noto off snow banks. New Flysky GT5 still sitting in customs, so not worried about the radio in the Typhon.
Are you sure it wasn't the ESC that took out the servo and receiver?

Are you sure it wasn't the ESC that took out the servo and receiver?
Could be, but when it happened, the truck was rolling on the pavement, then went full lock to one side and that's where it stayed. Still drove the wheels as normal. Either way, was a costly scenario

I called this morning at 10:30 EST. I was put on hold and then given the option for a callback, which I opted for. 20 minutes later I got a call from a woman named Alisha. I explained the issue and she said she would send me an email requesting a copy of my receipt and pictures of the tires. I received the email within 5 minutes. I replied about 30 minutes later and not long ago I received notification that 2 new tires will be sent out to me free of charge ???
Interesting... the response I got wasn't nearly as friendly, and they've made it clear that this is a one time exception. I feel like they misunderstood my explanation and photos of cracked wheels:
Screenshot_20200124-160642.png

Last edited:
Interesting... the response I got wasn't nearly as friendly, and they've made it clear that this is a one time exception. I feel like they misunderstood my explanation and photos of cracked wheels:

Yes, but you didn't have a call from Alisha and you aren't Bicketybam, i'm pretty sure he charmed her ^^.

Jesus, dude. Jokes are supposed to be funny ?

It was :LOL:

15kg Tactic servo lasted five jumps off snow banks onto even more soft snow. Not even that cold today, +5° c

Back