What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess this is what a shredded ball bearing looks like? Wheel is completely locked and driveshaft has come loose from outdrive.

Dumb thing is I replaced stock bearings with JimsBearings thinking I was “upgrading”.
Plus bearing is almost new. 🤕

What else could have caused this other that bad bearing? Wasn’t running OC real hard and grass wasn’t too deep… 🤷🏼‍♂️

0E64A658-16B9-4FE3-B141-2173D9CA721A.jpeg

I guess this is what a shredded ball bearing looks like? Wheel is completely locked and driveshaft has come loose from outdrive.

Dumb thing is I replaced stock bearings with JimsBearings thinking I was “upgrading”.
Plus bearing is almost new. 🤕

What else could have caused this other that bad bearing? Wasn’t running OC real hard and grass wasn’t too deep… 🤷🏼‍♂️

View attachment 259239
Reached out to Jim at JimsBearings and he’s sending replacements since it was nearly new.:giggle:

First off, I want you all to know that I'd like to give this award to different people throughout the year, but there seems to be one person who's just trying harder than everyone else to get this certificate, which btw, has no value in the real world. Well, maybe it has value to some of you, but it seems to be the goal of this one person, every time he goes out bashing. There's also a few other regular contributors and people just beginning their journey here each month, and I'd like to thank all of you. @real_name_hidden, who's monthly contributions are always entertaining and some times shocking (that's esc and lipo humor there), @Velodromed, @Armarookie43, @Moonstonemike (yeah Canada!), @Infraction666, @Rottster, @Michael24, @Rolannd, @PeighDay, @Phantom21, @Cypher, @lrussi750, @Diem Turner, @jkflow, @BashingBrian, @Hammer Down, @K-BASH, @JustAnOutcast. Probably many more too, but none of you are trying as hard as this guy. To be honest, he reminds me a bit of me from my early days on the Forum. It's been mentioned that I could almost change the name of this thread, but that wouldn't be fair to all of you who keep coming back with your stories and images of destruction. Unfortuantely, you can't get a banner for being number 1 here, but @joshludden, you do get this cool looking & professionally designed piece of wall art for your efforts.
DECEMBER 2022.png

Top notch work @joshludden !! You put in all that hard work bashing, breaking, wrenching, repeat and now you reap the fruits of your labor. A well deserved accolade and, at present, I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

Congratulations! 💪 (y)

First off, I want you all to know that I'd like to give this award to different people throughout the year, but there seems to be one person who's just trying harder than everyone else to get this certificate, which btw, has no value in the real world. Well, maybe it has value to some of you, but it seems to be the goal of this one person, every time he goes out bashing. There's also a few other regular contributors and people just beginning their journey here each month, and I'd like to thank all of you. @real_name_hidden, who's monthly contributions are always entertaining and some times shocking (that's esc and lipo humor there), @Velodromed, @Armarookie43, @Moonstonemike (yeah Canada!), @Infraction666, @Rottster, @Michael24, @Rolannd, @PeighDay, @Phantom21, @Cypher, @lrussi750, @Diem Turner, @jkflow, @BashingBrian, @Hammer Down, @K-BASH, @JustAnOutcast. Probably many more too, but none of you are trying as hard as this guy. To be honest, he reminds me a bit of me from my early days on the Forum. It's been mentioned that I could almost change the name of this thread, but that wouldn't be fair to all of you who keep coming back with your stories and images of destruction. Unfortuantely, you can't get a banner for being number 1 here, but @joshludden, you do get this cool looking & professionally designed piece of wall art for your efforts.
View attachment 259617
Well done sir! Your persistence is much to be admired!

View attachment 259617
The honorable mention is by far enough for me. Ive been trying to not break my cars and these are the first things I’ve broken in months (aside from normal wear and tear). In the beginning I loved to beat the crud out of the cars but after that first year, I realized I’d rather put repair money towards other things. Plus, I’ve gotten rather attached to my cars and don’t want to hurt them so much.

Meanwhile, congratulations Josh! I know you truly earned this certificate 😊

And here's a Christmas bonus for you all. Along with the coveted certificate, I will award the winner with one set of @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts of their choice. Shipping is on me too, no matter where you are in the world. The rules, cause you know we need rules, are this:

-The damage has to be current to the month of December. Please don't be that person who finds a pic from earlier on and posts it for a prize. I'm going to say I'm using the honor system here, but if I think somethings fishy, I'll make you email the original photo with it's time stamp. So please don't make a $20 prize giveaway turn into a fiasco where I have to cancel the whole thing. @joshludden already got a set in November, so he's going to keep posting but will not be included in the final for this month. That means that the rest of you have a chance.
-There has to be photos. A lot of people post about the damage, but forget to include photos. It's all about the visuals in this thread gang. Videos are always appreciated too, but not a requirement.
-There are no extra marks for personal injury, so don't go injuring yourselves hoping for a prize. By all means, post if you do, but it doesn't count towards a victory.
-This is all for fun, and as much as we all love those @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts, don't wreck your rides on purpose. This thread was intended to be a place where we could share some of the crap that happens each month, and basically helps you vent some of the frustration. I wreck way less now and happy to say so. Yes, there's still some brutal crashes that happen, but I'm a lot more careful about my "send it" structure now, and like having my rides ready to go at anytime. You should too.
-The winner will be chosen by me on December 31st and we will try to get those wing mounts out to the winner soon after.

So get out there and bash if you dare. Baby it's cold outside, and that means the plastic is a little more brittle, and the parts like to snap a little more easily. Snow can be a killer too, so keep an eye on those expensive electronics. I'll be hammering away through the winter months myself, so hopefully, I'll be adding to the action too.

Good luck everyone. The "WDYBT" Christmas contest is officially open!

And here's a Christmas bonus for you all. Along with the coveted certificate, I will award the winner with one set of @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts of their choice. Shipping is on me too, no matter where you are in the world. The rules, cause you know we need rules, are this:

-The damage has to be current to the month of December. Please don't be that person who finds a pic from earlier on and posts it for a prize. I'm going to say I'm using the honor system here, but if I think somethings fishy, I'll make you email the original photo with it's time stamp. So please don't make a $20 prize giveaway turn into a fiasco where I have to cancel the whole thing. @joshludden already got a set in November, so he's going to keep posting but will not be included in the final for this month. That means that the rest of you have a chance.
-There has to be photos. A lot of people post about the damage, but forget to include photos. It's all about the visuals in this thread gang. Videos are always appreciated too, but not a requirement.
-There are no extra marks for personal injury, so don't go injuring yourselves hoping for a prize. By all means, post if you do, but it doesn't count towards a victory.
-This is all for fun, and as much as we all love those @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts, don't wreck your rides on purpose. This thread was intended to be a place where we could share some of the crap that happens each month, and basically helps you vent some of the frustration. I wreck way less now and happy to say so. Yes, there's still some brutal crashes that happen, but I'm a lot more careful about my "send it" structure now, and like having my rides ready to go at anytime. You should too.
-The winner will be chosen by me on December 31st and we will try to get those wing mounts out to the winner soon after.

So get out there and bash if you dare. Baby it's cold outside, and that means the plastic is a little more brittle, and the parts like to snap a little more easily. Snow can be a killer too, so keep an eye on those expensive electronics. I'll be hammering away through the winter months myself, so hopefully, I'll be adding to the action too.

What great idea & gesture my man!!😃👍🤘

Held a 3mm hex next to it matched up.

original_2b31fa5e-3427-42aa-a201-4f73f5bfc705_IMG_20221201_134102.jpg

Great job @joshludden
Very Generous offer @Notorious J ,
Just my luck. If I waited 2 more weeks to fracture and tear my ankle I could have gotten a wing mount.
Wait... I have a second ankle!! Challenge Accepted!!!

Wait just read the rules again. So my ankle is safe.
But I did order some paddle tires. So my granite might not be so lucky. 💥💥🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Great job @joshludden
Just my luck. If I waited 2 more weeks to fracture and tear my ankle I could have gotten a wing mount.
I have a second knee. Challenge Accepted!!! 😆🤣

Great job @joshludden

Wait just read the rules again. So my ankle is safe.
But I did order some paddle tires. So my granite might not be so lucky. 💥💥🤣🤣🤣

I have a second knee. Challenge Accepted!!! 😆🤣
Now hold up there gents. Don't be going out and trying to out do each other in the hurt yourself category. You know it takes longer for old people to heal right?

Now hold up there gents. Don't be going out and trying to out do each other in the hurt yourself category. You know it takes longer for old people to heal right?
Yes I've learnt this recently. Getting old sux.

DzJRpVHXcAEARan.jpg

Yeah definitely agree with you guys. Last time I went snowboarding was a few years ago. I got to the top of a black diamond run and thought about how bad I would mess up my back if i wiped out.

I'm ready almost ready to rock!!! We just need some snow.

IMG_20221203_141344~2.jpg

Back