What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am currently running the Hot Racing mount not the stock og mount.
I might just pick up a V4 mount. I wonder if it would work with the M2C mount ?
Well either way thanks for the info. I'll probably just space it out for now.
I run the m2c mount with the hw4985. Works perfect, little tight removing the motor with the plastic side on.

I'm going to try the cheapest option first lol.
Try the HR one your are running. If you have to buy another the stock and m2c are almost the same price if the have their 20% coupon still up. I have v4 too the m2c is lighter and nicer, v4 works just fine and is nice too though but not quite the same quality.

This is another animal !!’ A MONSTER
Upgrade from my granite 4x4
What to do next . ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 25
@slick2500 You can either run the v4 motor mount or shim the v3 mount and center diff with spacers. The v4 mount doesn't need shims to run this motor.
I run the v3 mount shimmed because of how I have my cooling fans mounted for easy maintenance and removal using existing holes for the side guard to mount to the chassis

View attachment 46532

View attachment 46534

On the new v4 mount, there's a small kick out that the v3 mount doesn't have. I would need to machine that off in order to run my fan setup and do away with the shims for the v3 mount.its been rock solid with the current motor mount so I haven't bothered modding the v4 mount yet. I eventually will though
View attachment 46535

You'll also need to trim the rear of the side guard to get it to fit properly View attachment 46533
Also go ahead and put a small piece of gorilla tape over that temperature port on the back of the motor to keep dirt out.
Some spacers and a notch in the side guard and she fits like a glove. (y)

0g28D0p.jpg

That's a lot of SHINY I see...??
That's a lot of time that I wish I had back too. It looks nice for like a day then after that it gets all scratched up and looks really bad. I de-anodized everything because I was sick of the mismatched colors of the aluminum parts. Someday when I feel like I have nothing better to do I might try to anodize the parts myself.

-Edit- So after some searching around I think I may have undergeared this beast with the 18t pinion.

Last edited:
That's a lot of time that I wish I had back too. It looks nice for like a day then after that it gets all scratched up and looks really bad. I de-anodized everything because I was sick of the mismatched colors of the aluminum parts. Someday when I feel like I have nothing better to do I might try to anodize the parts myself.

-Edit- So after some searching around I think I may have undergeared this beast with the 18t pinion.
4985 paired with the Max6, I started out geared 20/50 on backflips putting me at 166f on the motor after a pack with outside temps in the upper 80's.
Added 2 fans to the motor and it brought temps down to 130's under the same conditions.
Switched the system from the outcast over to the Talion running katars, and stepped it up to 22/50 then to 22/46 (Infraction spur) with the same 2 motor fans. Temps after a pack are low 160's with outside temps in the low 90's as it sits now.
Once winter sets in I'm gearing to 24/46 and we'll see how it does

4985 paired with the Max6, I started out geared 20/50 on backflips putting me at 166f on the motor after a pack with outside temps in the upper 80's.
Added 2 fans to the motor and it brought temps down to 130's under the same conditions.
Switched the system from the outcast over to the Talion running katars, and stepped it up to 22/50 then to 22/46 (Infraction spur) with the same 2 motor fans. Temps after a pack are low 160's with outside temps in the low 90's as it sits now.
Once winter sets in I'm gearing to 24/46 and we'll see how it does
I don't have the fab skills that some of you do so I might have to find a way to mount some fans.

I don't have the fab skills that some of you do so I might have to find a way to mount some fans.
Can you access that hole that's next to the motor mount I mentioned in earlier posts? Never messed with the HR mount before.

It’s a beast !!!!
It looks so nice new I don’t wana touch it . But how can you not with all that power is INCREDIBLE!!!
I hear ya. That "real steel" affect Arrma has on the Notorious bodies helps with that. It develops more character with every bash. If you notice on mine the entire front is detached from the rest at the hood and door panels. I have a new body in waiting, but this one has so much character I'd rather Frankenstein it and run it as long as possible. Here's a pic of what it looks like on the inside and how it got there...Enjoy bashing the hell outta that shell!!

IMG_20190702_202223772.jpg
IMG_20190707_235952023 (1).jpg

Looks nice on the bench. The strip at the front is magnetic too. Me likey. Should look 100 years old by the weekend?
20190827_215236.jpg

Back