What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered the last few upgrades, other than the rear-front suspension hanger from VH, that I wanted for the Noto today. M2C chassis , rear tower brace, threw in some hinge pins and Delrin ball cups. Rear RPM arms and guards from Tower. I'm still on the stock rears.

Finally got 6S power with these two 3S Turnigy I picked up from the post office an hour ago. Annoyingly, I can't get them charged and have my 1st ever go on 6S because my damn charger which is only a month old packed up on me on Friday so I had to send it back to the shop, hopefully they'll send me out a new one tomorrow. It's torture not being able to try them out!
20190901_133424.jpg

Finally got 6S power with these two 3S Turnigy I picked up from the post office an hour ago. Annoyingly, I can't get them charged and have my 1st ever go on 6S because my damn charger which is only a month old packed up on me on Friday so I had to send it back to the shop, hopefully they'll send me out a new one tomorrow. It's torture not being able to try them out!
View attachment 47124
Don’t you have a friend or a LHS that could help you out and charge them for you? Maybe let us know where you are and we can see if another member is nearby to lend a hand.

Hi, unfortunately no; mate is away for the day metal detecting, and wouldn't have been enough time. Normally at weekends I bash either in the morning when the Mrs and my 2yr old boy come with me or, in the afternoon I have 2 hrs max for travel and bashing while he naps, so just the travel to me mate's and back plus charging time alone would have chewed up my time this afternoon.
Cheers

Hi, unfortunately no; mate is away for the day metal detecting, and wouldn't have been enough time. Normally at weekends I bash either in the morning when the Mrs and my 2yr old boy come with me or, in the afternoon I have 2 hrs max for travel and bashing while he naps, so just the travel to me mate's and back plus charging time alone would have chewed up my time this afternoon.
Cheers
That sucks. Hope the charger gets sorted quickly so you can get back to bashing.

My new Kraton boots arrived today. Tread is bigger than I thought. Looks like it will rip up the ground. Big improvement over the minokawas. Some spare parts arrive as well and the new 35kg servo. Works well but haven't test driven it yet. Just need for this wet weather to F off now.

Last edited:
Update:
Sun came out long enough for a test run. The new back flips and new servo have transformed my car. Like day and night. Standing back flips on the grass and surprisingly more traction on the road too. The knobbly tyres are very noisy on hard surfaces but its a good noise (maybe not for neighborhood though). Steering is improved 100% with new servo, just need to locktite the saver nut now. Very happy :D:D(y)(y). Probably some of the best upgrades I've done so far.
Thanks for everyone that suggested these parts on AF.(y)

M2C chassis for the outcast.
M2C rear chassis skid plate for the outcast.
Wing mounts for the outcast.
Ball end set for the outcast.
New diff/bulkhead for the outcast.

This thing is turning into a traxxas truck... 75% aftermarket. lol!

The large pinion bearing is what died I think and allowed the pinion to push away from the ring gear. I haven't torn it apart yet, but I have waaaaay too much gear lash and I can't add anymore shims to push the ring gear over. The bearing seal is sticking up on the inside and appears to be concaved. After having the entire rear off, I laid a straight edge on the chassis. Has about a 5mm arc with the rear being low and the center being high. Considering this will be the 3rd time I've flattened it... it's time to fix it.

Also noticed the center diff bearings are dead and allow the spur to wobble around quite a bit. Explains the on power noise before the rear bearing went out.

It's a year old and will feel like new again by the time I'm done.

How long does M2C usually take to ship? I'll just move it off my bench and fix my revo shock so I can run it this weekend again.

The large pinion bearing is what died I think and allowed the pinion to push away from the ring gear. I haven't torn it apart yet, but I have waaaaay too much gear lash and I can't add anymore shims to push the ring gear over. The bearing seal is sticking up on the inside and appears to be concaved. After having the entire rear off, I laid a straight edge on the chassis. Has about a 5mm arc with the rear being low and the center being high. Considering this will be the 3rd time I've flattened it... it's time to fix it.

Also noticed the center diff bearings are dead and allow the spur to wobble around quite a bit. Explains the on power noise before the rear bearing went out.

How long does M2C usually take to ship? I'll just move it off my bench and fix my revo shock so I can run it this weekend again.
Buy an Arrma they said, it won't ever break they said...........

I ordered mine on Friday and it got here yesterday with a holiday weekend.

Buy an Arrma they said, it won't ever break they said...........
Meh, everything breaks. Just frustrated with it... kind of like @Notorious J.

I ordered mine on Friday and it got here yesterday with a holiday weekend.
If my luck changes... I'll get it before the weekend. May have a bash free weekend though. Just spend time fixing vs trying to rush through it after work. That might be what got me here to some extent. lol!

Meh, everything breaks. Just frustrated with it... kind of like @Notorious J.

If my luck changes... I'll get it before the weekend. May have a bash free weekend though. Just spend time fixing vs trying to rush through it after work. That might be what got me here to some extent. lol!
Mine didn't break today, had a steering link pop off a couple of times though.

I ordered another Hobbystar 4092 1730 KV motor from RCJuice. The first one I bought for my Kraton early this year is pretty beat up. Specifically the motor leads have pulled from the housing and the wires are starting to fray. I figured I'd replace it now before it flames out. I'm going to keep it for parts in the event I need some for my other 4092's. I really wish they made the motor leads a little longer so I don't have to run extensions.

Back