What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to get a new mower to replace my 18-year-old Honda. This EGO is pretty awesome, and perfect for my 1/3 acre yard. Brushless motor, LED headlights, lol. I already had the blower, and they can use the same batteries and charger. I may sell my Stihl weed eater and get an EGO someday.

It weights less than 70 pounds, is quiet, and folds up nice and small for storage. I dig it.

View attachment 160094View attachment 160097

56 Volt Kraton when?

Ordered my 4s/6s speed rig motor went with a TP 4060 2620kv as it is a 2Y wind and higher Amp limit at 327A as it will be running with a MMX8S and it's right about the kv range I wanted. Also went with vented endcap to help hopefully with heat but that is TBD. Not a lot unfortunately in Y wind so was this or a small 4040 2750kv in 3Y but it's a smaller 4074 size can so went with the larger 4095 can. Hopefully be able to really push some good numbers on both 4s and 6s with the 2620kv.
Screenshot_20210724-214742.png

Outcast got some new shoes today. Team Corally Dementor tires, they were only $40.

20210725_001223.jpg

Aluminum top plate for the 144001. Replaced all the Phillips screws with hex.

20210725_001425.jpg

Got some RPM Typhon arms today. Shockingly, they were actually in stock at a Dutch vendor after not being available for a good while.

Planning on putting these on my Typhon and then transferring the original Typhon arms over to the Granite, to widen its stance and hopefully stop the top u-joint on the rear driveshafts from pulling out again in the future. Already have a full set of steel Typhon turnbuckles just lying around, so this seemed like a reasonably cheap experiment to try, while simultaneously upgrading the Typhon a bit.

arrma-rpm80842-achterste-a-armen-voor-de-arrma-typhon-4-x-4-3s-blx__87972.jpg
arrma-rpm80762-a-armen-vooraan-voor-de-arrma-typhon-4-x-4-3s-blx__82111.jpg

Also got a big bottle of 65WT Team Corally shock oil. I put stiffer Associated springs on the Typhon, which I think I kinda need to balance out. They still have the original 550cst oil in there, but those Typhon 6S springs were way mushier. And the Kraton/Mojave shocks on the Granite still have different weights oil in them (550/1000cst), which I believe is causing some weird bounciness in the rear during driving. So, killing two birds with one stone by just chucking the same oil in all of these 6S shocks, I'm guessing -- and 65wt should be better for the kind of jumping we do.

c-81965.jpg

Had to get a new mower to replace my 18-year-old Honda. This EGO is pretty awesome, and perfect for my 1/3 acre yard. Brushless motor, LED headlights, lol. I already had the blower, and they can use the same batteries and charger. I may sell my Stihl weed eater and get an EGO someday.

It weights less than 70 pounds, is quiet, and folds up nice and small for storage. I dig it.

View attachment 160094View attachment 160097
Nice. I’ll be picking up the ego 21 mower also. Was debating between greenworks since I already have the blower, but the ego takes the cake on quality.

Nice. I’ll be picking up the ego 21 mower also. Was debating between greenworks since I already have the blower, but the ego takes the cake on quality.
Absolutely. I did a lot of research before even buying that blower last year, because I knew then that the transmission on the Honda was going out. It’s got a great ecosystem of products and the batteries are all interchangeable. That battery that came with the mower fits in the blower, even though it came with a smaller one, and they can all use the same chargers.

Now when I decide to get the weed eater next year, it’ll only be $100 because the batteries are the most expensive parts. Or at least half the price.

Plus, my daughter isn’t scared of this one and actually wants to use it! That’s a new one. Lol

Uh, Jennys RC has Talion EXB stock. Decided to order before I said something. Wanted body but, Im tapped out.
Edit: I couldn't help myself.
I need to go to a RCholics meeting tonight, I need help!

Screenshot_20210726-120427_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20210726-123816_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Wow those prices are insane, those tires are probably $90 with shipping while the normal ones form horizon are $62 for four.
You do know these tires are belted.
This is from Horizon Hobby

Screenshot_20210726-131633_Chrome.jpg

Back