What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screws that came with it were junk. Besides that went on pretty easy.

View attachment 169794
I can't speak for hr diffs. I went with arrmas. But everything else that I used from hr has been great. Did you use locktight? Makes a difference.

I can't speak for hr diffs. I went with arrmas. But everything else that I used from hr has been great. Did you use locktight? Makes a difference.
I did not, but when my Red CF chassis is finished in a other month or 2. I am going to swap everything over and will try to remember then. Thanks for the reminder.

Needs a lil tlc but the money went to a good friend of mine who is a bit down on his luck at the moment. Never knew I needed a Super Rock Rey but here we go.

I've ordered the Losi 1/5 scale servo adaptor and a hot racing aluminum servo saver. The plastic one was shot. Going to install a savox 0236.

Outside of that, I'm going to run it as is. My plan is to probably give it back to the guy when things improve for him. Fingers crossed.

download_20210917_190403.jpg

10/4/2021 Update

20211004_172733.jpg

Last edited:
Needs a lil tlc but the money went to a good friend of mine who is a bit down on his luck at the moment. Never knew I needed a Super Rock Rey but here we go.

I've ordered the Losi 1/5 scale servo adaptor and a hot racing aluminum servo saver. The plastic one was shot. Going to install a savox 0236.

Outside of that, I'm going to run it as is. My plan is to probably give it back to the guy when things improve for him. Fingers crossed.

View attachment 169822
Nice to see people helping others. Not enough of that now a days imho.

1) dx3 remote…going in my granite. The dumbo remotes are decent but the slight delay drives me nuts. The dx3 on my vorteks is killer fast and I love the ‘feel’ of it, so I’m going that route. Got the one from the felony ($54) and the receiver has telemetry and light plug ins. Sweet.
2) A month back I noticed the cheap Ds servo ($16-20) and kimbrough servo saver ($10) were wearing out. So I bought several 3s stock steering set ups from jennys ($2 each) and a couple of 6s s652 18kg servos ($16 each) to swap them out once steering begins to suffer. Did this today and my granite steers like a new car, so I restocked on the parts.
3) the old granite chassis is getting tired so I need a spare for when it finally dies

View attachment 169822
man…you’re a good friend. Really cool if you.

32771710-1029-4741-884C-4CE842DCE07F.png

The only real issue/drawbacks with the HR diff carriers are the rubber o ring seals. Can be challenging getting a good seal.

Got my metal steering parts for the crawler today and not too happy as the steering mount is not the right part at all
20210920_184042.jpg
partially my fault for not making sure even though sold as a direct replacement. Also the caster mount has a different angle so now front wheels toe way out 🤦
20210920_183714.jpg
20210920_194216.jpg

But I got my RCTalk and Arrma Forum decals so that made up for the crap parts I guess
20210920_145552.jpg

After stripping a hex last weekend I searched and found a LHS having a set of M2C hub extenders and even better also in stock!
Put it in the cart and used a little ‘trick‘ I use a lot to save, or in this case get free, shipping!
Just put some more stuff in your cart you don’t really need right now 😉🤫🤣
image.jpg

4D5BC629-79C1-4A2F-97E1-7262BD08D449.jpeg
I needed a tool box / bench so I decided to get a Husky from HD. Wanted a Milwaukee but they haven’t gone back on sale since Christmas so I got tired of waiting and they aren’t worth the full retail IMO. Also got an 8” drill press from HF, some bits and bobs. Going to clean up the garage tomorrow and hope to have it organized enough to be able to work out there.

View attachment 170502I needed a tool box / bench so I decided to get a Husky from HD. Wanted a Milwaukee but they haven’t gone back on sale since Christmas so I got tired of waiting and they aren’t worth the full retail IMO. Also got an 8” drill press from HF, some bits and bobs. Going to clean up the garage tomorrow and hope to have it organized enough to be able to work out there.
Good luck. Seems like evey time I clean the garage, it ends up a disaster within a week. I much prefer "organized chaos"

Good luck. Seems like evey time I clean the garage, it ends up a disaster within a week. I much prefer "organized chaos"
No doubt about this.. I have limited space and I've tried to organize everything in bins and somehow half of it ends up in other bins or boxes or even bags. The stuff that I bought and sits around.

Well it’s either I do it or she will. And she won’t give a crap what I want to keep or don't. 🤣🤘🏻

Back